Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:07 PM   #1591
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyon View Post
 This is very frustrating and confusing, but I've made another change that might help. It's a bit trial and error, sorry about this.
It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much!!!
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-01-2018, 05:46 PM   #1592
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much!!!
Yep, everything seems to be A-OK, including project monitoring through TortoiseSVN Project Monitor.
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-01-2018, 06:11 PM   #1593
GLS
Addon Developer

The merge from hell is done!

Absolutely 0 (zero) problems, smooth as glass, both in a test merge and the real thing. If there was any doubt the issue was in SFs side, there is none now.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

I now have to install Orbiter in the checkout folder and setup things... probably it will take the rest of the day. Tomorrow I should arrive at the point I was exactly one month ago.
Thanked by:
Old 05-01-2018, 06:42 PM   #1594
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

When should the password be necessary? Sorry for the longer delay there, had been in a different universe for some days.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:01 PM   #1595
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 When should the password be necessary? Sorry for the longer delay there, had been in a different universe for some days.
When you do a write operation in the server?
Old 05-01-2018, 07:17 PM   #1596
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
 When you do a write operation in the server?
Ok. So, another tuesday.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:03 AM   #1597
GLS
Addon Developer

Ok, so there are some ancient branches that could be deleted as they are not, and IMO, will not be used:
OI-1 (1 change, last used July 2011)
SSUToolbox (8 changes, last used March 2014) (I think this was replaced by SSUW)
3.0-release (0 changes)

If there are no objections, I'll send them on their merry way.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:31 PM   #1598
GLS
Addon Developer

I've moved the HUD logic to a subsystem (one instance only, at least for now), instead of that being done by the AerojetDAP, but I'm having difficulties in getting data from the GPC to there. So I'm thinking about adding some sort of "bus system" and "common memory" so things can move forward (at least for a while).

So, one class running before our "GPC sw user" classes, and according to MM requests data from the appropriate subsystems, and then another class running at the end that commands things.
Inside the GPC, these classes read and write to a big array that is accessible by all SimpleGPCSoftware classes, and can also be used for them to talk to each other.

We would have a single bus (we only have 1 GPC ) controlled by a bus manager that gets calls to send command and data words and broadcasts them to everyone in the bus, who then checks if the message ID matches its own ID, and if so does "things" and if needed responds with another message(s) to the bus manager.

For the user this would not really change things, as there isn't any reconfiguration possible, but behind the curtains it should ease data flow.

My only concerns ATM are:
1) about handling different data types in the "poor man's COMPOOL" and also in the bus data words. memcpy-ing a float into 2 shorts, and send 2 data words per float?
2) scenarios need to save the shared data
Old 05-03-2018, 12:41 PM   #1599
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Need the definition of the original data transmitted between HUD/flight instruments and GPC? Its a simple single struct.

Yes, a 32 bit floating point number would be transmitted as 2 words. But the HUD used fixed point numbers anyway.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:58 PM   #1600
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 Need the definition of the original data transmitted between HUD/flight instruments and GPC? Its a simple single struct.

Yes, a 32 bit floating point number would be transmitted as 2 words. But the HUD used fixed point numbers anyway.
Yes that would help.
ATM, the HUD needs roll, pitch, TAEM and AL phase IDs, altitude, velocity (KEAS and KGS?), OGS angle and aimpoint, SB command and position. Still have to figure out the runway position and guidance diamond parts...

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

I've created a branch for this work... feel free to use your new password.
I think we could start with getting the EIUs using the new system, as it has a lot of back-and-forth, and if it does the job there it should work for the rest.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:22 PM   #1601
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:

I've created a branch for this work... feel free to use your new password.
I think we could start with getting the EIUs using the new system, as it has a lot of back-and-forth, and if it does the job there it should work for the rest.
Sorry, I am out of development for the next weeks. First of all, because I have a damn full schedule this month because of the first birthsday of my son. And finally because of artistic disagreements.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:44 PM   #1602
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 Sorry, I am out of development for the next weeks. First of all, because I have a damn full schedule this month because of the first birthsday of my son. And finally because of artistic disagreements.
Yes, my idea is far from perfect or final, but what other options are there? IMO it's either this or stagnation.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:50 PM   #1603
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
 Yes, my idea is far from perfect or final, but what other options are there? IMO it's either this or stagnation.
Just do what you think is right. I just remember that my design choices had been rejected lately, so I am the very last person you should consult there.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:06 PM   #1604
GLS
Addon Developer

The SimpleShuttleBus as arrived!
Currently only one command to the EIUs is using it, but it works. Next I have to finish the subsystem-to-GPC data flow and also work on "what is done when" on GPC IO.
One thing I'm not sure how to handle is the HUDs having the same address as 2 DDUs. That and the diagrams only have bits 1-28, but it should be 32, right?
Thanked by:
Old 05-07-2018, 07:20 PM   #1605
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
 One thing I'm not sure how to handle is the HUDs having the same address as 2 DDUs. That and the diagrams only have bits 1-28, but it should be 32, right?
No, 28 bits is right. Only 16 bits are payload. I'll show you.

Also I can get you some DDU information that way.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

See here:

Last edited by Urwumpe; 05-07-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra