Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:29 PM   #1846
Wolf
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 Are you sure that your tile pattern is correct? Things look good with the modern set up.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Here's a link to a folder with a number of images and photos of the OMS pod: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6msaqok62...f3eHtap9a?dl=0
I ve corrected the tiles pattern since it was wrong (wrong number of black HRSI tiles) but the boundries are exactly the same. If you check the stock SSU textures you ll see the same thing: the outer ring does not align with the other tiles hence there is a dent in the pattern as my screenshot show. Also the edge between the tiles and the AFRSI should follow a curved line, in SSU it is a straight line.

Ok I had not loaded today's update... now the HRSI look much better and the ring is aligned. As a side effect I have now some extra issues with the seams of the Columbia/Challenger PODs but I'll wait until you are done with the orbiter mesh and see what is the final outcome
One thing that popped up in the mid body sidewall area is:

1) US flag and labels are now vertically stretched (check the US flag now patially covered by the PB vebt door and the U.S. and NAsa meatball look stretched)

2) the mid mody sidewall where the mesh issue was has now a sort of shadow/lighted separation (you can see them both when the area is lighted or in the dark)

Click image for larger version

Name:	639.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	15936

Click image for larger version

Name:	640.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	15937

Last edited by Wolf; 06-24-2018 at 03:25 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:02 PM   #1847
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 I ve corrected the tiles pattern since it was wrong (wrong number of black HRSI tiles) but the boundries are exactly the same. If you check the stock SSU textures you ll see the same thing: the outer ring does not align with the other tiles hence there is a dent in the pattern as my screenshot show. Also the edge between the tiles and the AFRSI should follow a curved line, in SSU it is a straight line.

Ok I had not loaded today's update... now the HRSI look much better and the ring is aligned. As a side effect I have now some extra issues with the seams of the Columbia/Challenger PODs but I'll wait until you are done with the orbiter mesh and see what is the final outcome
One thing that popped up in the mid body sidewall area is:

1) US flag and labels are now vertically stretched (check the US flag now patially covered by the PB vebt door and the U.S. and NAsa meatball look stretched)

2) the mid mody sidewall where the mesh issue was has now a sort of shadow/lighted separation (you can see them both when the area is lighted or in the dark)

Attachment 15936

Attachment 15937
The midbody issues should be fixed now. I checked the meatballs and they're a perfect circle.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:26 PM   #1848
Wolf
Donator

Quote:
 The midbody issues should be fixed now. I checked the meatballs and they're a perfect circle.
If you look at the US flag on the port side you ll notice the top left corner is overlaped by the PB vent door. The flag used to sit right below the door so either the logos are now stretched vertically or the door has shifted downward.
I have also the impression the UNITED STATES label is now stretched vertically..
Does it look ok to you?
Old 06-24-2018, 06:36 PM   #1849
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 If you look at the US flag on the port side you ll notice the top left corner is overlaped by the PB vent door. The flag used to sit right below the door so either the logos are now stretched vertically or the door has shifted downward.
I have also the impression the UNITED STATES label is now stretched vertically..
Does it look ok to you?
Have you updated to revision 2873? The vent doors have been moved to their real locations thanks to a document I found on NTRS.

This is the graphic from that document: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7yc8k2r3u...doors.jpg?dl=0
Old 06-24-2018, 06:45 PM   #1850
Wolf
Donator

Quote:
 Have you updated to revision 2873? The vent doors have been moved to their real locations thanks to a document I found on NTRS.

This is the graphic from that document: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7yc8k2r3u...doors.jpg?dl=0
Yes, 2873. I did not know you moved the vent doors
Old 06-24-2018, 09:42 PM   #1851
GLS
Addon Developer

I'm (hopefully) finishing the HUD runway outline: I re-did the math, put it in a nice runway-to-HUD conversion function, and it looks good... until the points are behind the vehicle...
The trouble is when a point is vertically behind the vehicle, the math should (and does) place it vertically in line with the boresight, but in reality that is not correct. When the runway threshold points are in that situation (a little after the vehicle crosses them, and because of the nose-up attitude, eventually they will be directly behind the vehicle), they are placed next to the boresight instead of being placed somewhere below... I can't figure out where that "somewhere below" is...
GLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:16 PM   #1852
Donamy
Beta Tester

Quote:
 Yes, 2873. I did not know you moved the vent doors

Could you move the flag and squash it on the texture, so it looks correct. I know it a hack way to do it, but it's been known to work.
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:21 PM   #1853
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donamy View Post
 Could you move the flag and squash it on the texture, so it looks correct. I know it a hack way to do it, but it's been known to work.
No need as the problem was that the vent doors were positioned too low to match the positions listed in chart linked above. With the vent doors repositioned, things look better: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hge9ks0lh...doors.jpg?dl=0

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra