Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum > Orbiter Forum Space Station
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Forum Space Station Project news & discussions for all OFSS versions.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:20 AM   #91
Tex
Webmaster

I tested the Core module alone with less attitude thrust in the config file, if you would like to try this:

Config/Vessels/Neesys2.cfg
(Or download the config file attached to this post.)

Code:
Isp = 200000      ; fuel specific impulse [m/s]
MaxAttitudeThrust = 70000
It might make it easier for you?
Attached Files
File Type: zip OFSS-Neesys2.zip (1.3 KB, 3 views)
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #92
jangofett287
Heat shield 'tester'

Wait, #12, that's me isn't it... damn.
jangofett287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #93
Wood
Orbinaut

Good news: Zvezda is now docked to Zarya! Having the docking camera backwards and rotated 45 degrees certainly made things interesting.

Bad news: The Core module, along with the Soyuz containing our three gallant space-people, sort of drifted away while I was pre-occupied with the docking. Um, I'm sure they'll be fine. I'll finish up the mission tomorrow.
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:11 PM   #94
Tex
Webmaster

How long did it take you to dock? I was able to get it all done before sunset when starting at sunrise, so 45 min I guess? That was everything docked.

Hint: Switch between vessels during the docking procedures to keep everything close and ready for docking. I switched back to Core and nudged it in the right direction while Zarya and Zvezda were closing on each other. Multi-tasking ftw.
Thanked by:
Old 08-14-2011, 11:20 PM   #95
Wood
Orbinaut

OFSS-III Flight 4 Complete!

Launch was on the 6th of October, docking was on the 15th. I played it safe to conserve fuel, but made it with plenty to spare. Found out that loading a save with a Soyuz grappled by the robotic arm caused the Soyuz to shoot out of the solar system at around 1000 AU per second, though the crew were not pleased by this discovery. I just docked it with the scenario editor instead. And the Core only drifted a few km away, so docking that went well. The station is now in a 239.5km by 227.2km orbit at 51.65 degrees inclination.

Last edited by Wood; 08-15-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-15-2011, 12:00 AM   #96
Tex
Webmaster

Thanks Wood, well done! Just in time for the next launch date too.

EDIT - Sorry I forgot to mention the fact that loading a saved scenario when something is grappled with URMS will cause an immediate solar system eject so fast that your crew was liquified. Simply un-grapple, save, then when you reload the scenario you can re-grapple very quickly. I'll add this bit of info to the problems section of the doc before the next package is released.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:41 AM   #97
Kyle
Armchair Astronaut

Heya guys, just wanted to tag in for a sec. Tex has been doing a real fine job, I've been flying each scenario so far and they're very easy to follow.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-15-2011, 06:55 AM   #98
Chub777
Orbinaut

Just wondering, what's the "SpaceLabDM" that I'll be carrying on flight 23?
Chub777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:27 PM   #99
Tex
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
 Heya guys, just wanted to tag in for a sec. Tex has been doing a real fine job, I've been flying each scenario so far and they're very easy to follow.
Thanks Kyle. The hardest of the flights is over now except for #12. Any progress on the MPLM flights? Still no rush, we have 6 more flights to go until the first MPLM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chub777 View Post
 Just wondering, what's the "SpaceLabDM" that I'll be carrying on flight 23?
I'm not actually sure myself, I've never used it. Kyle is prepping that flight, so he'll have all the details as soon as he finishes preparing it.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #100
jangofett287
Heat shield 'tester'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
 The hardest of the flights is over now except for #12.
Thanks for that snippet of info. My flight is shaping up to be very "Interesting"...
jangofett287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #101
Kyle
Armchair Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
 Thanks Kyle. The hardest of the flights is over now except for #12. Any progress on the MPLM flights? Still no rush, we have 6 more flights to go until the first MPLM.

I'm not actually sure myself, I've never used it. Kyle is prepping that flight, so he'll have all the details as soon as he finishes preparing it.
MPLM flights are coming along fine! I've got 2 done so far, I'm just testing to make sure that the clearances are good, ect. When you need the scenario's just PM me in a few days, I've got school starting next week though.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:33 AM   #102
Tex
Webmaster

I noticed your inclination is too high there PhantomCruiser, after flight #5. I probably should have mentioned to change the frame on the Orbit MFD to equatorial. No worries though, the next flight is with an XR5, so we can bring it back down to 51.60 degrees.
Thanked by:
Old 08-19-2011, 12:45 AM   #103
PhantomCruiser
Wanderer

Dang... Didn't pay attention to what frame of reference the MFD was in.
Used a lot of fuel too.
PhantomCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:06 AM   #104
Tex
Webmaster

No worries, we can correct it.

I should have posted a reminder, its easy to over look that. With the right frame it shouldn't have taken much fuel though.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #105
Tex
Webmaster

Hey Kevin.. You didn't adjust the orbital inclination of the station. You were supposed to press the 'FRM' button on the Orbit MFD as instructed in the document so that you change it to Equatorial frame before adjusting the plane. The station is supposed to be in 51.60 degrees inclination from an equatorial frame. You can see in the screen shot below where I highlighted the frame button displaying the equatorial frame now and the inclination is not on 51.60.

Attached Thumbnails
orbitmfd-frm.jpg  
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum > Orbiter Forum Space Station