Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addons
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addons A repository for Orbiter addons contributed by users. Developers & members may announce new releases here and discuss any Orbiter addon.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2017, 10:18 AM   #1
Reynoc
Orbinaut
Question 2016 and UCGO

I'm an 2010 user and have been away for a few years (surgery yuk). But I'm back and have a new computer. I've installed Orbiter 2016 and Sound with no problems. However when I try to put my favorite Addons UCGO and UMMU I'm getting the warning message below (via NG). Seems other people are using these mods without difficulty so I must be doing something wrong. Is there a quick answer? Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> WARNING: Obsolete API function used: VESSEL::GetHorizonAirspeedVector
At least on active module is accessing an obsolete interface function.
Addons which rely on obsolete functions may not be compatible with
Future versions of Orbiter.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Reynoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:52 PM   #2
Nicholas Kang
Spaceflight News Reporter
 
Nicholas Kang's Avatar

Default

Dan Steph, the creator of UCGO and UMMU has not yet updated his UCGO and UMMU add-on for Orbiter 2016. You need to wait for him to publish the 2016 version of UCGO and UMMU if you want to use them in Orbiter 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynoc View Post
 ---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> WARNING: Obsolete API function used: VESSEL::GetHorizonAirspeedVector
At least on active module is accessing an obsolete interface function.
Addons which rely on obsolete functions may not be compatible with
Future versions of Orbiter.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Most probably your orbiter log file would display these few lines

Code:
000000.000: Module UCGOArrow.dll ......... [Build 131128, API 100830]
000000.000: Module Ummu.dll .............. [Build 140111, API 100830]
000000.000: Module UCGODynamicCargo.dll .. [Build 131128, API 100830]
And the API 100830 already tell you the add-ons (UCGO and UMMU) are built for Orbiter 2010.

Last edited by Nicholas Kang; 03-08-2017 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Grammatical errors
Nicholas Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:06 PM   #3
gattispilot
Addon Developer
 
gattispilot's Avatar
Default

Well Some of UCGO works.

But you can deploy carts but since Ummu isn't working. You can't open them.
gattispilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-08-2017, 04:41 PM   #4
boogabooga
Bug Crusher
 
boogabooga's Avatar
Default

I'm very concerned about Dan's health and well-being. He hsn't been heard from in many months.
boogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:57 PM   #5
Reynoc
Orbinaut
Default

Thanks, I hope he's okay.
Reynoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:28 PM   #6
jgrillo2002
Conservative Pioneer
 
jgrillo2002's Avatar
Default

Im sure he's OK. probably they are moving or something.
jgrillo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-13-2017, 06:38 PM   #7
boogabooga
Bug Crusher
 
boogabooga's Avatar
Default

Since July?
boogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-13-2017, 07:08 PM   #8
jedidia
shoemaker without legs
 
jedidia's Avatar
Default

Quote:
I'm very concerned about Dan's health and well-being. He hsn't been heard from in many months.
Huh, I didn't know that. Well, somebody is keeping his forum running, so he's probably ok.
jedidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:19 PM   #9
Urwumpe
Certain Super User
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrillo2002 View Post
 Im sure he's OK. probably they are moving or something.
In the forum, you write "He is around", but obviously you are not sure as well... can you please be a bit less aggressive, especially on impersonal provocations. It sure ain't my beef there, but from what I can tell with my limited EU-french, his current state of affairs is also unknown in the francophone world, but obviously, somebody pays the bills for the server.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-13-2017, 09:29 PM   #10
boogabooga
Bug Crusher
 
boogabooga's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
  but obviously, somebody pays the bills for the server.
Is it possible that he already paid for a year or more in advance rather than month by month?
boogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:29 PM   #11
jgrillo2002
Conservative Pioneer
 
jgrillo2002's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 In the forum, you write "He is around", but obviously you are not sure as well... can you please be a bit less aggressive, especially on impersonal provocations. It sure ain't my beef there, but from what I can tell with my limited EU-french, his current state of affairs is also unknown in the francophone world, but obviously, somebody pays the bills for the server.
The reason why I said that is because I dont want anyone to panic.
jgrillo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:36 PM   #12
Urwumpe
Certain Super User
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabooga View Post
 Is it possible that he already paid for a year or more in advance rather than month by month?
Usually such kind of hosting is paid month by month, Daniel did afford quite some server there.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrillo2002 View Post
 The reason why I said that is because I dont want anyone to panic.
Well, the issue is: If you say it in good intent but wrong, you damage your and DanStephs credibility at once - as well as all others who say the same.

Its better to stay calm and state the obvious: He was active just a few days ago, posted only a few months ago. I am sure he would answer emails, if they are not about "When will you do what I want for free, you lazy scumbag?"
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:05 PM   #13
boogabooga
Bug Crusher
 
boogabooga's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
  I am sure he would answer emails, if they are not about "When will you do what I want for free, you lazy scumbag?"
Here is the issue. I'm genuinely very concerned about his absence, but tied to that is his known value to the community. Many forum members post a few times and are never heard from again and don't draw any concern. (This is still the internet after all, and things can be impersonal, few of us ever meeting face to face.) Dan Steph is especially missed because he is Dan Steph. An inquiry into his status might seem disingenuous, even if the concern were real.

Actually, even if it were the case that Dan was never going to develop for Orbiter ever again (or didn't know if he would), this information would be useful to the community in and of itself. I hope very much that he is well, and if he is, I would hope that he would take a few seconds to let us know that he is well and perhaps let us know what his intentions are.
boogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:18 PM   #14
Proximus
Orbinaut
 
Proximus's Avatar
Default

The last time I saw him post on this forum I believe he was getting stick for not releasing source code. I can't remember the exact add on in question however?
Proximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:43 PM   #15
jedidia
shoemaker without legs
 
jedidia's Avatar
Default

Quote:
The last time I saw him post on this forum I believe he was getting stick for not releasing source code. I can't remember the exact add on in question however?
If I had to take a guess, I'd say UMMU. So many orbiter add-ons depend on it that it can be a bit worrying that the source code is closed, I understand that. But still, the proper way of action if somebody can't live with that is to make an opensource alternative, not pestering the author about disclosing his code.
jedidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addons


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:52 AM.

Quick Links Need Help?


About Us | Rules & Guidelines | TOS Policy | Privacy Policy

Orbiter-Forum is hosted at Orbithangar.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2017, Orbiter-Forum.com. All rights reserved.