Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addons
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addons A repository for Orbiter addons contributed by users. Developers & members may announce new releases here and discuss any Orbiter addon.

Old 07-24-2018, 04:01 PM   #91
dbeachy1
O-F Administrator

It's very likely due to the fact that XRs use(d) UMMu to track each passenger's weight, etc., and now that code is disabled. I could probably fix it by adding code to handle the crew mass manually, but that code would all go away anyway once OMMu is ready. So I'm not inclined to put all that work into a new temporary XR vessel release for just a few KG.
dbeachy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:13 PM   #92
Marijn
Orbinaut

Ah well, don't bother about that. I was just looking for those 53kg. Now I know. I'll just change my spreadsheet for that and be patient.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

I did put Teal'c on a quick diet in my spreadsheet. Instead of 104kg, now he is 51 and the problem is solved
Marijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-02-2018, 12:50 AM   #93
jacquesmomo
Addon Developer

Bonjour

I have a question that I do not know how to answer :
With XRSound I succeed to assign sounds to the animations of a vessel (and also with Fred18's General_vehicle's animations).

But can we associate a sound with the J key - that causes the ejection of a stage (or a payload) ?
jacquesmomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:11 AM   #94
dbeachy1
O-F Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquesmomo View Post
 But can we associate a sound with the J key - that causes the ejection of a stage (or a payload) ?
Check out page 7 of the XRSound User Manual for details. To sum up, you'll need to:
  • Temporarily set EnableVerboseLogging = 1 and LogVesselAnimations = 1 in your $ORBITER_ROOT\XRSound\XRSound.cfg file.
  • Run Orbiter and press the J key to activate the vessel animation for which you want to change the sound.
  • Look at the end of your XRSound.log for lines relating to the animation you just activated and take note of the 'animation ID' value; e.g., in the example here, the animation ID is 7:
    Code:
    [GL-01] >> LogVesselAnimations: [DeltaGlider][animation ID = 7, state = Moving]
  • Now that you know the Orbiter animation ID for that particular animation, you can configure the sound played for it in your vessel class's $ORBITER_ROOT\XRSound\XRSound-foo.cfg file, where 'foo' is your vessel's class name. Refer to the detailed comments in the default $ORBITER_ROOT\XRSound\XRSound-DeltaGlider.cfg file for details.
Thanked by:
Old 08-02-2018, 11:14 AM   #95
jacquesmomo
Addon Developer

So, it seems to be possible as for Spacecraft4.

I'll try this on the evening (or night ) and I will tell you.

Thanks so much to you !
Thanked by:
Old 08-08-2018, 06:36 PM   #96
jacquesmomo
Addon Developer

Hello

As the ejection of a stage (with multistage2015) is not an animation but a creation of a "new vessel" I did not succeed to associed a specific sound.
(it can be done with the guidance file) so it does not matter.

Another question :
I activated both "Orbitersound" and "XRSound": it seems to work, we have the sounds of both of them ...

Has anyone ever tried this ?
Old 08-08-2018, 10:07 PM   #97
dbeachy1
O-F Administrator

Quote:
 As the ejection of a stage (with multistage2015) is not an animation but a creation of a "new vessel" I did not succeed to associed a specific sound.
(it can be done with the guidance file) so it does not matter.
Since multistage2015 is creating a new vessel via custom code, there is no way to configure a sound for that using only .cfg files: you would need to update the multistage2015 DLL itself, which would require the source code.

Quote:
 Another question :
I activated both "Orbitersound" and "XRSound": it seems to work, we have the sounds of both of them ...

Has anyone ever tried this ?
What you need instead is Face's OrbiterSound-to-XRSound Bridge: that will automatically forward any OrbiterSound calls to XRSound.
Thanked by:
Old 08-18-2018, 10:37 PM   #98
martins
Orbiter Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeachy1 View Post
 From investigating this, this is, unfortunately, an Orbiter 2016 core bug where it is incorrectly togging the AF Ctrl mode on/off along with the RCS mode whenever you press the RCS toggle mode shortcut key (CTRL-NUMPAD-/). XRSound sees that both modes are changing in the same frame, and so it (correctly) plays both callouts.
This issue has been addressed in SVN r.78. Can you check if the problem is fixed?
Note that during entry, controls will now automatically switch from RCS to AF when dynamic pressure > 1kPa, so I guess there could be some callouts there.
martins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #99
dbeachy1
O-F Administrator

@all -- I don't have the Orbiter beta installed at the moment; can someone who has the latest Orbiter beta installed give this a quick test? If not, I'll see if I can get to it next week.

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addons

Tags
ommu, xr1, xr2, xr5, xrsound