Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > General Questions & Help
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

General Questions & Help General & Advanced Orbiter flight questions, Orbiter installation questions, to all other help topics here.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:39 AM   #31
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcogavazzeni View Post
 It would be interesting to be able to interface ele2png with L3DT.

http://www.bundysoft.com/L3DT/
Well, L3DT can generate PNG heightmaps, so nothing stops you from using it with ele2png. Just let it generate 259x259 tiles in 16-bit grayscale and you should be good.
I don't know if L3DT is capable of generating the 1x1 tile-overlay, though. If not, you'd have to do it yourself, perhaps by means of generating bigger heightmaps that you slice into overlapped Orbiter tiles with some graphics editor.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:33 PM   #32
ARMSTRONG
God of the Space

Guys I have a problem U-U I am experiencing troubles when trying to install again the Orbiter 2016, my anti-virus Bit Defender blocked without my permission the file orbiter_ng.exe I just can't create it. And I can't do nothing to unlock this file... I tryed all... now I am waiting for the Bit Defender support answer... but maybe you already know how to fix this. HELP!

EDITED: NEVERMIND, I just needed to restart my computer XDDDD

Last edited by ARMSTRONG; 02-14-2017 at 09:13 PM.
ARMSTRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:04 PM   #33
martins
Orbiter Founder

Note that orbiter_ng.exe is just a launcher for Modules\Server\orbiter.exe. It may be that certain picky virus checkers take exception at an executable launching another executable. If you can't coax your virus checker into accepting orbiter_ng.exe, you may be able to replace orbiter_ng.exe with a shortcut to Modules\Server\orbiter.exe, and setting the Orbiter root directory as the working directory in the shortcut.

If Windows allowed shortcuts with relative paths, I would use that as the default setup.
martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:31 AM   #34
4throck
Enthusiast !

I usually setup my Antivirus to ignore my "games" folder
Otherwise it just makes loading slower.

It still catches any suspicious files on download / install.
4throck is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-25-2017, 11:30 PM   #35
fatcat
Orbinaut

I just love the Orbiter program and community. I have a group of students who are learning orbital dynamics using Orbiter 2016 on macOS. It runs excellently using WineHQ.
Thank you Martin et all.
fatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-10-2017, 02:28 AM   #36
OneTinSoldier
Donator

Announcement

Hello all,

I am having a problem with getting a proper download of the Optional high-resolution textures. When I download big files from one of the US Mirrors the file size is correct, but the MD5 Checksum is not. And so of course, the texture files don't work. I tried downloading with Internet Download Manager, Microsoft Edge(which hangs at 99% complete probably because file is corrupt or something is wrong with the server), and Google Chrome. Although Microsoft Edge doesn't finish the d/l, with IDM and Chrome I get the same incorrect(bad) MD5 Checksum on the downloaded file.

Again, the exact number of bytes of the downloaded file size is correct, so you might think you got a good file, but the MD5 Checksum is not correct.

Example using MD5 Checksum for Surf.tree:
68a18a75aa9c54f6e4361760e920457b: Is what I get
564ff394fda164976a854e3ab8a1e6f4: Is the correct MD5 Checksum

The smallest Earth file was fine(Elev_mod.tree), and the files for Mars were fine. The rest seem to be bad/corrupt in some way.

Just thought I should drop a note in case others might be wondering why the downloaded files are not working. Or it could be something on my end, but I don't know what it would be. I ran a filesystem check on my system as I do about every week or two. No issues were found.

Last edited by OneTinSoldier; 09-10-2017 at 02:38 AM.
OneTinSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:17 AM   #37
Ripley
Tutorial translator

It's your connection's fault, rather than your pc.
Corrupt MD5s only means you have to redownload.
Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:53 AM   #38
OneTinSoldier
Donator

Hello Ripley.

I download various kinds of stuff all the time and hardly have ever have any problem. I downloaded the 'Surf.tree' a couple of times, on different days. Came up with the very same incorrect Checksum both times. I can try again though. It will be the third try. If it doesn't have a valid MD5 Checksum, then I will give up on it for now and maybe try again in a week or two. I still have to wonder if the problem is not on my end, because I really never have any problem with downloading huge files. But I also still have to wonder if the problem is something on my end. I don't know.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

I just downloaded the "Mask.tree" which had a bad/incorrect MD5sum in my previous attempts to download it. It's still incorrect... 5049cd7c9bedF57Bcc29daa35b673a2e.

It'd be great and I'd really appreciate if someone would download that file and let me know what you get for the MD5sum on it.

Cheers
Old 09-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #39
martins
Orbiter Founder

I can confirm that the http download from mirror 2 (USA) appears to be corrupt. I haven't tried mirror 3.

I'll try to figure out what is going on. In the meantime, you can either resort to the torrent download, or use the orbiter-radio mirror (mirror 1) which is ok.
martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-11-2017, 07:57 PM   #40
OneTinSoldier
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by martins View Post
 I can confirm that the http download from mirror 2 (USA) appears to be corrupt. I haven't tried mirror 3.

I'll try to figure out what is going on. In the meantime, you can either resort to the torrent download, or use the orbiter-radio mirror (mirror 1) which is ok.
Hello martins,

Thank you so much for checking on them. And thank you for creating Orbiter! I donated $60 to you the other day when I downloaded it. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Last edited by OneTinSoldier; 09-11-2017 at 08:02 PM.
Thanked by:
Old 09-12-2017, 05:19 PM   #41
statickid
CatDog from Deimos

I was having trouble with these mirrors a few weeks ago, I guess it wasn't just me!

Quote:
UPDATE: RESOLVED FOR ME (NOT OP)
I noticed that two of the mirrors I tried were the same server, (us mirror 2 & 3). I tried Mirror 4 (Altea) and it worked great no problems

weird... it unzips only 126 MB that seems wrong!!

UPDATE:
okay so the "repair" only allows 126mb of files to unzip.

Well, the archive is EXACTLY the right size according to the download page and the properties box... hmmm
Last edited by statickid; 08-23-17 at 03:22 PM.
from this thread:

https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showth...ight=statickid
statickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:30 AM   #42
reverend
Beta Tester

w.r.t. orbiter.us mirrors
some files were corrupted
they've been replaced
md5's checked OK
all should be resolved
thanks for the report

btw fwiw: http://web1.orbiter.us and http://web2.orbiter.us are two seperate servers in the same datacenter, sharing the same files http://orbiter.us will randomly pick one of the two servers. if one server goes down, the other will assume the IP of the down server, so in that case, both URL point to the same server. this is for some high availability in case one server goes down. sorry if it caused confusion.
reverend is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > General Questions & Help