Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter-Forum.com > Announcements
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Announcements Orbiter-Forum Staff Members will post announcements about the website here.

Old
O-F Administrator

Announcement Donation Bar - What it is & how it works.
by Tex 05-13-2011, 12:13 AM

Dear Orbinauts,

As you've probably noticed already, we have recently added a "Donation Bar" at the top of the forum home page to assist in making members more aware of the costs associated with running Orbiter-Forum and Orbit Hangar Mods. You may remember we used to have the donation bar in the past, but it only took into account single donations received. Once we made it possible for members to make automatic recurring donations, the donation bar was no longer useful since it didn't consider both sources, however we have now rectified that.

This is how it works:
  • The donation bar shows our goal amount for the current month and how much we have received towards that goal.
  • Any money received in excess of the monthly goal will be automatically credited to the following month.
  • Once the goal is achieved, the donation bar will disappear from the forum home page and reappear again when we are next running short of the goal.
Although the donation bar will no longer be visible on the home page once the monthly goal is reached, it will always be visible on the 'Donations' page should you like to keep track of our progress. Click the 'Donate' link in the navbar or from your User Control Panel, look for the donations link to view the donations page.

We'd like to give a big thanks to everyone for your support! We realize not everyone is in a position to make a donation, but we thank you for being a part of the community no less and here's to many more successful years to come!

Most Sincerely,
O-F/OHM Staff
Views 9582 Comments 7
Total Comments 7

Comments

Old 05-17-2011, 05:41 AM   #2
jgrillo2002
Conservative Pioneer

I love to donate but my father doesnt want me to give money to people that he dont know. Sorry man. I wish there was someway that I can Assist
jgrillo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-17-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
Rtyh-12
Orbinaut

Same for me. I'm sorry O-F, but I can't donate one dollar. I would, but I can't.

Is there any way we in this situation can help?
Rtyh-12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
Eccentrus
Geekernaut

the credit card of my country is illegible in most online store, can't do anything, not even buying some decent books on amazon, or documentaries, or iTunes Store, and similarly not being able to play Angry Birds in my Symbian phone because of it, :/
Eccentrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #5
orb
O-F Administrator
Ninja

If your credit card isn't accepted, you can use PayPal. You don't even need a credit card at all to make a donation (if you can transfer money between your bank and PayPal).
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #6
Tex
O-F Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtyh-12 View Post
 Same for me. I'm sorry O-F, but I can't donate one dollar. I would, but I can't.

Is there any way we in this situation can help?
There is the Orbiter Store if you're able to purchase something that way, although we make very little on those things. We fully understand not everyone will be in a position to make a monetary contribution, so do not feel bad at all! Just enjoying the community speaks volumes. We plan to continue supporting it well into the future as well.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
Dayderness
Orbinaut

I donated a few bugs. I am using PayPal since this is very handy and easy. I also support the total effort about what you guys are doing here. I got some advantage of your ressources so its not a big deal for me to give a little money for this in return.
Dayderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
Therius
Donator

I appreciate this site and visit it almost everyday recently. Thanks guys for all you do.
Therius is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter-Forum.com > Announcements