Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

OrbitHangar Addons & Comments Addons uploaded at Orbithangar.com will automatically generate a new thread in this forum for comments. The thread link will also be included on the addons page.

Old
Addon Comments
Arrow Generic Station UMMU/UCGO Support
by OrbitHangar 04-20-2010, 11:33 PM

Author: mjanicki

A module to add basic UMMU and UCGO support to station vessels which do not have their own modules.  Examples are the default Mir and Wheel stations as well as Greg Burch's Building Blocks Hab modules.

Compiled with the free MS Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition, so you may need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package.

The new version for Orbiter 2010 can be found here.

DOWNLOAD
Views 3428 Comments 7
Total Comments 7

Comments

Old 04-21-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
Submariner
Donator

I know it uses Spacecraft3, but would this work with Thorton's Mir 1.3? Mir 1.3 is awesome, and I wish it had UMMU and UCGO!!!
Submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
mjanicki
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
 I know it uses Spacecraft3, but would this work with Thorton's Mir 1.3? Mir 1.3 is awesome, and I wish it had UMMU and UCGO!!!
Unfortunately, not likely. All of that Mir's functionality comes from the Spacecraft3 module, so if you changed it over to the StationUCGO module, you'd lose all the other features of the vessel. The only way it would really work would be for me to completely recreate Spacecraft3, or for some sort of Spacecraft4 to incorporate the UMMU and UCGO features. Sorry.

-- Mike
mjanicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:42 AM   #4
MetalheadOC
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjanicki View Post
 Unfortunately, not likely. All of that Mir's functionality comes from the Spacecraft3 module, so if you changed it over to the StationUCGO module, you'd lose all the other features of the vessel. The only way it would really work would be for me to completely recreate Spacecraft3, or for some sort of Spacecraft4 to incorporate the UMMU and UCGO features. Sorry.

-- Mike
Hi, I'm trying to get this to work with a Velco Proton 3rd stage, and I get nothing. Could it be related to this fellow's question?
MetalheadOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:29 AM   #5
mjanicki
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadOC View Post
 I'm trying to get this to work with a Velco Proton 3rd stage, and I get nothing. Could it be related to this fellow's question?
If you're using one of the Proton launch vehicles that comes with the Velcro package, then that launch vehicle uses the Velcro modules. You can only have one module associated with a vehicle, so the Generic Station module can't be used with such vehicles without the vehicle losing all of its other capabilities. The Generic module is really only for those vehicles which are nothing more than a mesh and a config file.

I haven't used it myself, but you might want to try something like
UMMUFA
which gives UMMU capability, but not UCGO, to any vessel with a docking port. I haven't used any of the Velcro launchers so can't so whether or not that will work for you, but it might be worth a look.

-- Mike
mjanicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
MetalheadOC
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjanicki View Post
 If you're using one of the Proton launch vehicles that comes with the Velcro package, then that launch vehicle uses the Velcro modules. You can only have one module associated with a vehicle, so the Generic Station module can't be used with such vehicles without the vehicle losing all of its other capabilities. The Generic module is really only for those vehicles which are nothing more than a mesh and a config file.

I haven't used it myself, but you might want to try something like UMMUFA which gives UMMU capability, but not UCGO, to any vessel with a docking port. I haven't used any of the Velcro launchers so can't so whether or not that will work for you, but it might be worth a look.

-- Mike
Drat, Ok thanx. Actually I was going for the opposite effect, I wanted UCGO capability but not UMMU
MetalheadOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #7
MaverickSawyer
Acolyte of the Probe

Just downloads woo482's XR5 UCGO rack or TEU, and use that as a series burn stage, not a payload, so that you can load cargo in it.
MaverickSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #8
Cizurator
Whooooosh!

Great and useful addon! Now i can use the heavy lander together with the hab module as a local UCGO/UMMU Moon hopper!
Cizurator is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments