Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter SDK
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter SDK Orbiter software developers post your questions and answers about the SDK, the API interface, LUA, meshing, etc.

Old 07-01-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
msligo
Orbinaut
Default Trouble compiling DeltaGlider in Visual Studio 2017

Hello,

I am trying to compile the DeltaGlider source code in Visual Studio 2017, but I keep getting the following two errors:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB6006 "cmd.exe" exited with code 255. DeltaGlider C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Mic rosoft.CppCommon.targets 209

and

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB3073 The command "if not exist D:\Files\Applications\Orbiter 2016\Project Apollo Debug\Modules\Startup mkdir D:\Files\Applications\Orbiter 2016\Project Apollo Debug\Modules\Startup
:VCEnd" exited with code 3. DGConfigurator C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Mic rosoft.CppCommon.targets 128

(Ignore the "Project Apollo Debug" part, that's just the name I gave to this particular Orbiter installation.)

I've been searching the internet for hours to try and solve this, but no luck so far. I found this post: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showth...Astudio%2A2017 which seems to be exactly the same problem I'm having, but when I modified the orbiterroot property sheet the problem still persisted.

Can someone please help me get this running?

Many thanks,
msligo

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Sorry, just realised I should have just replied to the old thread. I don't think I can delete the above post.
msligo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:17 AM   #2
kuddel
Donator

I would suspect "a path containing spaces" is the issue here.
Easiest work-around is to move your Orbiter development path to some path without spaces (like "C:\Orbiter").
kuddel is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter SDK