Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 02-06-2014, 04:24 PM   #31
kamaz
Unicorn hunter

As no major bugs have been reported and original devs are still missing, I have decided to post the release to OrbitHangar. It is currently waiting for approval.

To distinguish from the original Orb::Connect-2.1, the project is now called Orb::Connect::Web, and the version numbering scheme is going to be 3.XX.
kamaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-10-2014, 11:14 PM   #32
fred18
Addon Developer

Hi all,

Thanks Kamaz for this outstanding idea!

Now... is it insane to think of a multiplayer mission control center?

I imagine a live transmission of a mission (for example the OLM missions of FOI on Livestream.com) and a series of users like us, connected with skype or teamspeak or whatever with a series of mission control screens all connected to the computer with the simulation running... is it this crazy to imagine?

Think of Space Shuttle Ultra or AMSO mission with all of us connected... and a Go no go for every launch...

I just tried this with a friend of mine... I was flying over the atlantic and he was telling me on the phone altitude, speed, pitch, yaw, everything, without neither having orbiter installed on his pc!

So actually if we can easily store datas from test flights and see them during the actual flight we can find out if anything is going wrong or not...

What do you think guys? Kamaz may have opened a door for a second level of orbiter?

fred18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:18 AM   #33
blond_knight
Orbinaut

I just downloaded OrbConnect-3.17 and theres no orbconnect.dll module.
blond_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:09 AM   #34
kamaz
Unicorn hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blond_knight View Post
 I just downloaded OrbConnect-3.17 and theres no orbconnect.dll module.
Oops, sorry for that. Please re-download!

Orb::Connect::Web 3.19

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred18 View Post
 Now... is it insane to think of a multiplayer mission control center?
You have all the needed technology I believe. You may also find the Master/Slave renderer interesting -- i.e. one person is flying on the master computer, someone else is doing the webcast from the slave.

Quote:
 Think of Space Shuttle Ultra or AMSO mission with all of us connected... and a Go no go for every launch...
I haven't used AMSO. There may be a problem with SSU, because it has some state variables which are not available through the standard Orbiter APIs, so Orb::Connect (or Master/Slave) cannot access them... But I don't know how much of a problem that is in practical scenarios. But by all means, please try it

Quote:
 I just tried this with a friend of mine... I was flying over the atlantic and he was telling me on the phone altitude, speed, pitch, yaw, everything, without neither having orbiter installed on his pc!

Quote:
 So actually if we can easily store datas from test flights and see them during the actual flight we can find out if anything is going wrong or not...
That's perfectly doable. If you happen to use LabView, please have a look here:
Orb::Connect LabView client library

Quote:
 Kamaz may have opened a door for a second level of orbiter?
Actually, it was yagni01 and Hielor who did the hard part. I have just put the web interface on top
Thanked by:
Old 02-11-2014, 10:22 PM   #35
McGalcri
Orbinaut

ARgh.... ITS COOL! but... i have no idea about how to create my own panels hahahahahaha

Anyway... Cool mod and working! but... with the default buttons, my Rotation Translation modes doesnt work... only the others (Kill rot, prograde, retrograde...)

Any tutorial about how to add more buttons to my DeltaGliderIV?

I need a "Tutorial for stupid people"

Also, im looking for something to can have some MFD's in my laptop connected by network. I tested WebMFD, but... LAG! LAGGG !!! LAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGG!!! as hell hahaha. Also, it show only Orbit MFD's (up to 4) without buttons...

Last edited by McGalcri; 02-11-2014 at 11:36 PM.
McGalcri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #36
kamaz
Unicorn hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGalcri View Post
 ARgh.... ITS COOL! but... i have no idea about how to create my own panels hahahahahaha
See www/example.html and read any tutorial on HTML/JS

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGalcri View Post
 Also, im looking for something to can have some MFD's in my laptop connected by network.
VNCMFD. See post #18 for links.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:21 PM   #37
kamaz
Unicorn hunter

Integrating MFDs to the display

So, it seems that people want to to have MFDs displayed on the tablet together with the panel. Unfortunately, integrating VNCMFD with this add-on is harder than I thought, but, in the mean time, here is a hack-ish solution using WebMFD:

1. Download a fixed version of WebMFD from this post.

2. If you are using a tablet/phone, install Chrome for Android. WebMFD will not work with stock Android browser.

3. Replace www/index.html with the attached one.

4. Activate both OrbConnect and WebMFD in Launchpad, start the sim and enjoy

NOTE: In WebMFD, MFD screen size is hardcoded. To change it, you have to recompile the add-on (fortunately, the source is included). To set a new size, change the value of MFD_WIDTH_HEIGHT in line 52 of ServerMFD.h.

Attached Files
File Type: zip webmfd-integration.zip (4.7 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by kamaz; 02-15-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Thanked by:
Old 05-29-2014, 03:13 AM   #38
paddy2
Addon Developer

Am I right in thinking then I could get a rasberry Pi connected to a 2nd monitor to display MFD's.

So main screen on main monitor.. Ext MFD's on 2nd monitor and a couple of other MFD's runing on a Rasberry Pi via a web interface....
paddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:35 AM   #39
kamaz
Unicorn hunter

Yes.

...Although I'd rather use VNCMFD + VNC client on RasPi to display MFDs. WebMFD is very picky about what browser you use, and VNCMFD will work with any VNC client
Old 06-11-2015, 06:27 PM   #40
GodAtum
Orbinaut

stupid question, but what is the diference between OrbConnect and WebMFD?
GodAtum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:33 PM   #41
kamaz
Unicorn hunter

Fundamental :D

Orb::Connect is for controlling the entire simulator, WebMFD is just for displaying MFD screens.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:45 AM   #42
ahunn
Orbinaut

Guys, can Orb::Connect::Web pull vessel state info from the DGIV?? such as APU state, fuel contents and variables from the flight computer??
ahunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:47 PM   #43
Majid
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahunn View Post
 Guys, can Orb::Connect::Web pull vessel state info from the DGIV?? such as APU state, fuel contents and variables from the flight computer??
I doubt it. Fuel contents would be doable depending on what you mean, but variables like the APU state and the flight computer are specific to the DGIV, Orbiter doesn't provide a standardized interface for implementing that stuff.
Majid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 04:30 AM   #44
ahorvath1
Orbinaut

I would like to implement a functionality like this possibly interfacing between orbiter and matlab and also using a tablet or other hardware. Is there any way that this could be accomplished easily using Orb::connect?
ahorvath1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 05:00 AM   #45
hysot
Orbinaut

Hi guys!

Have anybody tried that addon on Orbiter 2016?
I tried it and as it's working great with the Delta glider, when I launch one of the XR vessel, I get all sort of warnings (APU offline, over door are closed) and can't really do much about it. if I click on switches on the addon, orbiter crashes and clicking on the APU start button in Orbiter doesn't work either.

Any idea on what's going on?
hysot is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development