Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Web Forum A forum for general Orbiter-related comments and discussion. Post your questions about Orbiter and addons in the appropriate forums below. Upload your Orbiter screen shots to our gallery HERE!

Old 02-09-2019, 06:24 PM   #1
BobSpiders
Orbinaut
Default Atlantis "Launch into sunrise" corrupted?

I'm trying to launch one of the scenarios with the Atlantis space shuttle on the ground. Both "Launch into sunrise" and "Atlantis satellite launch" do not seem to work. When I launch them, the shuttle and the SRBs are separated and both are spinning around, rather than sitting idle on the launch pad (and, BTW, there is no external tank).
The other Atlantis scenarios, not starting on the ground, work fine

Does anybody know the reason?

I have looked into the scenario cfg file. There is an AROT entry that, to my understanding shouldn't be there, but even taking it out nothing changes. Also nothing changes even if I add lines such as:
- AROT 0 0 0
- RVEL 0 0 0

Any help would be very appreciated
Roberto

Last edited by BobSpiders; 02-10-2019 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Solved one of the initial questions myself
BobSpiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:56 PM   #2
N_Molson
Addon Developer

Project

Hello Bob,

A crash log would be invaluable. Look for "Orbiter.log" in Orbiter main directory. It will give us all the necessary clues to help you (version, error, etc...)

Also you can easily crash Orbiter altering those values. Those are mathematical vectors, so for AROT [0 0 0] is a nonsense for Orbiter, hence the crash. [1 0 0], [0 1 0] etc... make much more sense. AROT is the vector for the orientation of the vessel. RVEL the vector for the vessel relative velocity (I guess [0 0 0] is valid for that one, though my math skills are more than rusted).

To put it another way, you are telling to Orbiter "Spawn me an object", then "This object has no orientation". It can't be.

Last edited by N_Molson; 02-14-2019 at 09:01 PM.
N_Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:59 PM   #3
BobSpiders
Orbinaut

Thanks, but eventually, as I was not receiving any answer, I decided to reinstall everything ... and now everything is OK
BobSpiders is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum