Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Visualization Project Orbiter external graphics development.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:58 AM   #4471
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
 I think the only requirement on your project on the free plan is that it is open source. AFAIK there is no requirement to host it all on github. Given that OVP is dual licensed GPL/LGPL to start with, that should be no problem.
That's not necessarily entirely true. Aren't the terms and conditions described in Orbiter Freeware License apart of the OVP. Also we have software in the D3D9Client package that also includes the same non-sell-ability statement as the Orbiter Freeware License does.

That shouldn't be a problem unless GitHub is really picky about OSD. I once did try to read the Teams of Service form GitHub and the only thing I got out of it was a nasty headache. So, might be better to e-mail the GitHub and ask about it. A payed account on GitHub would do the trick but it's likely not worth it.

The Orbiter-Wiki could be more stress free solution.

btw. The "Terms of Use" button in Orbiter.exe doesn't work. Is that a known issue.

Last edited by jarmonik; 02-01-2018 at 10:01 AM.
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:06 AM   #4472
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmonik View Post
 That's not necessarily entirely true. Aren't the terms and conditions described in Orbiter Freeware License apart of the OVP. Also we have software in the D3D9Client package that also includes the same non-sell-ability statement as the Orbiter Freeware License does.

That shouldn't be a problem unless GitHub is really picky about OSD. I once did try to read the Teams of Service form GitHub and the only thing I got out of it was a nasty headache. So, might be better to e-mail the GitHub and ask about it. A payed account on GitHub would do the trick but it's likely not worth it.

The Orbiter-Wiki could be more stress free solution.

btw. The "Terms of Use" button in Orbiter.exe doesn't work. Is that a known issue.
Well, sure, open-source and Orbiter will obviously never be stress-free . However, I don't think that github will have a problem with it, because you don't have commercial use involved. After all, they are not as picky as the FSF.

Orbiter-Wiki is also only half of a solution, because you'd have to think about the download host (and its possible license mambo-jumbo) as well for the complete package.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:34 PM   #4473
francisdrake
Addon Developer

Sorry, that may be a dumb question: Is there a way to render planetary night surfaces a little brighter than totally dark?

I only recently started to use the D3D9 client. The view and microtexturing is absolutely stunning! But the planetary night sides are totally dark. Increasing the "Planet glow" in the Advanced video tab changes very little.

If I up the ambient light level in the visual effects tab, the vessel gets quite bright, but the planet stays dark. I understand that a planet night side (especially without an atmosphere) is indeed totally dark, but I tend to get lost during orbital maneuvers and would prefer to have at least an idea which direction is planet side, and which is up.
francisdrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-20-2018, 11:37 PM   #4474
broadcastyourseb
Orbinaut
Support D3D9 trouble - unable to launch orbiter

Hi,

I'm running Linux Mint 18.3 and wine-1.8.

I download Orbiter2016.zip and D3D9Client2016-R2-1.zip as explain in this website : http://devio.us/~dv/linux-orbiter.html

No matter options I choose in the video tab, orbiter returns the same error :

D3D9: ERROR: D3D9Effect.cpp Line:253 Error:-2147467259 D3DXCreateEffectFromFileA(pDev, name, macro, 0, D3DXSHADER_NO_PRESHADER|D3DXSHADER_PREFER_FLOW_CON TROL, 0, &FX, &errors)
D3D9: ERROR: Effect Error: Modules/D3D9Client/D3D9Client.fx(542,24): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'rcp'

Any ideas ? My graphic card is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 650Ti

Orbiter.log
broadcastyourseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:02 PM   #4475
LeePalmer
Orbinaut

Hi.

Might I suggest a wine 2 or 3 with Orbiter2016.zip and D3D9Client2016-R2-1.zip
versions.

Cheers
LeePalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:57 PM   #4476
GLS
Addon Developer

Transparent mountains at sunset in White Sands.
Attached Thumbnails
sun_NOR.PNG  
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-11-2018, 01:51 PM   #4477
Abloheet
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuddel View Post
 I mean is is keeping track of Orbiter BETA?
The D3D9Client releases for Orbiter 2010 and Orbiter 2016 should be fine there!

Yeah, where is the d3d9 client for Orbiter beta? Cant find it anymore

Is the latest beta d3d9client for revision r71? As given in the tuttovala website? But it says obsolete

Last edited by Abloheet; 03-11-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Abloheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:33 PM   #4478
Ripley
Tutorial translator

It doesn't say so anymore :-)
As far as I know, that is the last D3D9 for Orbiter Beta SVN version.

Last edited by Ripley; 03-11-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Ripley is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-11-2018, 04:46 PM   #4479
GLS
Addon Developer

About the runway lights being above the ground in the D3D9 version for Orbiter BETA: the offset seems to be related to the altitude of the runway, as a runway close to sea level has a much smaller light offset than a runway at higher altitude.
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #4480
4throck
Enthusiast !

While testing my updated Altair for 2016, I noticed that spotlights don't illuminate the ground.
On the inline client they do so this is a missing feature.

If you land the poles, there are permanent shadows and you need spotlights...
4throck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:03 AM   #4481
Abloheet
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4throck View Post
 While testing my updated Altair for 2016, I noticed that spotlights don't illuminate the ground.

Exactly. Noticed this a long time ago but forgot to report it
Abloheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:32 AM   #4482
LeePalmer
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4throck View Post

Yes. It is the reason I put together the spotlight luascript MFD. So that you
could visit the darkside, and come out alive. I was trying to make an eclipse shadow, but failed. :-(

If the graphic client starts to support spotlights. Then inverting the penumbra umbra settings gives a lovely black spot. No longer a case of "Out damned spot." :-)

Sorry.
LeePalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:36 PM   #4483
Lizhi Shang
Orbinaut

Is anybody knows if the docking MFD plugin in the attached D3D9-goodies for orbiter 2016 or the beta version?
Lizhi Shang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:50 AM   #4484
CanPopper1959
Orbinaut
Default Trying to run orbiter 2016NG

I launch it, and a box opens up with command prompts and a long list scrolls down... no errors indicated, but then it just stops with this last lines:

Orbiter NG (no graphics)
Running in server mode (no graphics client attached).

I installed it and enabled it in modules tab any ideas ?
CanPopper1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:19 PM   #4485
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Default D3D9Client 2016 Edition R2.2

Here's a new (experimental) build of the client with reworked local light sources. They are now running in a per pixel basis and also effects in terrain. Local light sources checkbox is no longer operational, control is moved to D3D9 setup panel.

"Partial" light only does diffuse lighting computations and doesn't create specular reflections for materials. Terrain lighting only supports "4x Partial lights" at a moment.

There are no other significant changes made. Will do when I find more time.

This build is for the official Orbiter 2016 (not the beta)
Attached Files
File Type: zip D3D9Client2016-R2_2.zip (1.68 MB, 42 views)
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project

Tags
d3d9client, graphicsclient