Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > International Forum
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

International Forum ALL threads posted in a language other than English should be posted here, from Orbiter threads to off-topic threads. Make sure you use a prefix for all new threads with an abbreviation of the language posted! See International Forum Rules inside.

Old 11-26-2015, 10:41 PM   #151
PeterRoss
Warranty man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
 I wouldn't feel too bad. After all, I'm fairly convinced someone thought up (and spread virally) the idea of complex languages and complete lack of parallel logic as a practical joke upon the world eons ago.
Not just that, but some languages have absolutely another logic of inner language mechanics. I'm learning Japanese right now, and I can't stop wondering why they made their language to be what it it right now It's plain weird. I like it though. And I have a great teacher.

わたしはエンジニアです。わたしのかいしゃはあさくじからばんろくじまでです。こちらのてんしゅはらんしん です。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Chicken View Post
 The Russian language seems to have an idiom for everything.
It is possible, but still I cant't remember nothing like you need

EDIT:

Тяжело в учении - легко в бою.

I'm afraid this is the closest to what you want to say. Don't worry, it's not necessarily means actual fighting

---------- Post added at 08:41 ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn View Post
 Привет всем! Парни, а кто может объяснить- зачем такие танцы со скачиванием версии 2014? Почему нельзя по-старинке скачать билд и запустить?
Чтобы народу было проще обновлять версию через SVN-репозиторий в процессе бета-тестирования.
Ты зачем, злодей, пишешь из прошлого? Почему сообщение 8 ноября датировано, а появилось сегодня?

Last edited by PeterRoss; 11-26-2015 at 10:05 PM.
PeterRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:41 PM   #152
Thunder Chicken
Fine Threads since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRoss View Post

Тяжело в учении - легко в бою.

I'm afraid this is the closest to what you want to say. Don't worry, it's not necessarily means actual fighting

Интересно. Я понимаю это преложение. это не что я думал.

Начните с простого, затем увеличить сложность.
Thunder Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 01:24 AM   #153
PeterRoss
Warranty man

Quote:
 Интересно. Я понимаю это преложение. это не что я думал.

Начните с простого, затем увеличить сложность.
Yes, it's almost correct. You have to make it увеличте, you can't use infinitive here. Except of this - very good

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

And, by the way, it means almost exactly what I said in previous post
Thanked by:
Old 11-27-2015, 02:27 AM   #154
Cairan
Donator

я Реми Вилныв - географ. Томас мой сын а Лили моя дочь. Марлен моя жена.

Okay I suck, but I really did it by myself, no google translate, from what I've been doing on DuoLingo for the past week...

Does that make sense?
Cairan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 02:29 AM   #155
Thunder Chicken
Fine Threads since 2008

Quote:
 Yes, it's almost correct. You have to make it увеличте, you can't use infinitive here. Except of this - very good

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

And, by the way, it means almost exactly what I said in previous post
Idioms again!

Спасибо за баже терпение. Я начинаю вспоминать.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:46 AM   #156
PeterRoss
Warranty man

Quote:
 Idioms again!

Спасибо за баже терпение. Я начинаю вспоминать.
баже is wrong It could be ваше, твоё, or you could safely remove the word and make it: Спасибо за терпение.

Всегда рад помочь.

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairan View Post
 я Реми Вилныв - географ. Томас мой сын а Лили моя дочь. Марлен моя жена.

Okay I suck, but I really did it by myself, no google translate, from what I've been doing on DuoLingo for the past week...

Does that make sense?
Absolutely. I guess your last name would be Вильнёф though, but it is a difficult case, you couldn't handle correct transcription by yourself anyway. Anyway, you're doing great
Thanked by:
Old 11-27-2015, 03:18 AM   #157
Thunder Chicken
Fine Threads since 2008

Я поыбал в Россию в 1990 году с группой студентов. я остался в Москве, Санкт-Петерсбурге (Ленинград), и Загорске.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote:
 баже is wrong It could be ваше, твоё, or you could safely remove the word and make it: Спасибо за терпение.

Всегда рад помочь.
Yes, meant ваше. The phonetic Russian mapping on my keyboard is killing me. My brain is already mapping the Latin 'B' as в instead of б. ш is the ' [ ' key. I think I'll need to take a red marker to the keys so I can remember where the Cyrillic letters are.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:45 AM   #158
Cairan
Donator

Quote:
 Absolutely. I guess your last name would be Вильнёф though, but it is a difficult case, you couldn't handle correct transcription by yourself anyway. Anyway, you're doing great
Спаси́бо. Мой город Амкуи в Кебек в Канада. Моя бабушка в мой дом.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote:
 Я поыбал в Россию в 1990 году с группой студентов. я остался в Москве, Санкт-Петерсбурге (Ленинград), и Загорске.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Yes, meant ваше. The phonetic Russian mapping on my keyboard is killing me. My brain is already mapping the Latin 'B' as в instead of б. ш is the ' [ ' key. I think I'll need to take a red marker to the keys so I can remember where the Cyrillic letters are.
I've ordered a set of Cyrillic stickers to put on an old USB keyboard I've got laying around... for the moment, I have a window opened on one of my monitors with a picture of the cyrillic russian mapping.
Thanked by:
Old 11-27-2015, 03:54 AM   #159
PeterRoss
Warranty man

Quote:

Of course you need letters to be scribed on the keyboard. I can do touch typing, but I need keys to be marked properly anyway. Our keyboards have English and Russian letters on each key.

поыбал is obvious mistype of побывал
остался is the variant of 'stayed' indeed, but in this form it means 'stayed for good'. You wanted to say останавливался.
And, however strange it may be looking, there is no 'с' in Санкт-Петербург.

Still these mistakes are minor ones, I can easily understand you.

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

Quote:
 Спаси́бо. Мой город Амкуи в Кебек в Канада. Моя бабушка в мой дом.
Well, a couple of mistakes is present here.

Your town in Russian is Амки в Квебеке в Канаде. (Look's like a nice town. Shame there's no Google Street View panoramas of it.)

And your grandma живет в моём доме.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Russian nouns' cases

Last edited by PeterRoss; 11-27-2015 at 03:56 AM.
Thanked by:
Old 11-27-2015, 03:57 AM   #160
Thunder Chicken
Fine Threads since 2008

Quote:
 I've ordered a set of Cyrillic stickers to put on an old USB keyboard I've got laying around... for the moment, I have a window opened on one of my monitors with a picture of the cyrillic russian mapping.
I should get an old USB keyboard and do this. I have the mapping display, but it shows a full keyboard arrangement, which is not the same as my netbook keyboard. For some of the letters I simply have to test the keys until I find what I need.

я посетил в Кебек город летом прошлого года. я любил быть там!
Old 11-27-2015, 04:00 AM   #161
Cairan
Donator

Quote:
 Well, a couple of mistakes is present here.

Your town in Russian is Амки в Квебеке в Канаде.

And your grandma живет в моём доме.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Russian nouns' cases
Well, for the name of my town, I'm pretty confident in Амкуи vs Амки.

Amqui is a native word (Miq'maq) meaning "where water is playful" or something along those lines. Anyway, it is pronounced "Ham-Ku-Ee", with the "Ku-Ee" without pause as one syllable, not "Ham-Qui" as in "Qui Pro Quo". Hence I tried to transcribe it Амкуи.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:16 AM   #162
PeterRoss
Warranty man

Quote:
 я посетил в Кебек город летом прошлого года. я любил быть там!
Я посетил город Квебек летом прошлого года. Мне там понравилось!

Quote:
 Well, for the name of my town, I'm pretty confident in Амкуи vs Амки.

Amqui is a native word (Miq'maq) meaning "where water is playful" or something along those lines. Anyway, it is pronounced "Ham-Ku-Ee", with the "Ku-Ee" without pause as one syllable, not "Ham-Qui" as in "Qui Pro Quo". Hence I tried to transcribe it Амкуи.
You could have been correct if not the strange rules of foreign words transcription in Russian. There's no Russian wiki article on your town, but Google Maps is saying it's Амки in Russian, and I have to believe it until I find some dictionary disproving it

Tell you what, the name Miller in Japanese transcription sounds like Miru. So, Russian Амки is not that bad after all
Old 11-27-2015, 04:26 AM   #163
Cairan
Donator

Quote:

You could have been correct if not the strange rules of foreign words transcription in Russian. There's no Russian wiki article on your town, but Google Maps is saying it's Амки in Russian, and I have to believe it until I find some dictionary disproving it

Tell you what, the name Miller in Japanese transcription sounds like Miru. So, Russian Амки is not that bad after all
Мой город а мои правила. Seriously, who do you trust? Google who transliterated to Russian a Miqmaq transliteration to French transcribed as-is from English GIS databases, or the guy who's lived there most of his life. 36 года.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:38 AM   #164
Thunder Chicken
Fine Threads since 2008

Quote:
Is this a wording preference, or was there something wrong with я любил быть там (I loved being there)? Is there something wrong with the verb agreement?

Спасибо! Добрoй ночь! Увидимся завтра.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:51 AM   #165
PeterRoss
Warranty man

Quote:
 Мой город а мои правила. Seriously, who do you trust? Google who transliterated to Russian a Miqmaq transliteration to French transcribed as-is from English GIS databases, or the guy who's lived there most of his life. 36 года.
OK, You've persuaded me. It's hard to argue with a ninja armed with a stick Just replace 'а' with '-' in 'My town - my rules', and everything will be fine.

Quote:
 Is this a wording preference, or was there something wrong with я любил быть там (I loved being there)? Is there something wrong with the verb agreement?

Спасибо! Добрoй ночь! Увидимся завтра.

Well, 'я любил быть там' sounds veeery wrong in Russian. You could say 'Я любил бывать там', but it would be the same as 'I loved visiting the place from time to time'. To think of it, your variant seems correct grammatically, but it's utterly wrong stylistically. We just don't say this way

Доброй ночи! There's early afternoon in my place right now, by the way

EDIT:
Here. 'Любил' is past continuous, and you need past simple. Or past perfect? I'm not very good in grammatics

Last edited by PeterRoss; 11-27-2015 at 08:12 AM. Reason: 3 p.m. seems like quite early for late afternoon after all

Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > International Forum