Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:54 AM   #2491
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdad View Post
 guys , I have problem in SSU which mean I load STS1 Scenario in orbit and I can't press keypad can you fix it ?
That should be the VC panel issue that appears to be an Orbiter issue. I haven't heard back from Martin on it.... for now there's nothing we can do.
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:53 AM   #2492
asdad
Orbinaut

GLS , in another scenario of SSU the keypad on panel C3 is can be press it's just only STS1 in orbit scenario can't be press

Last edited by asdad; 05-23-2019 at 08:55 AM.
asdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:57 AM   #2493
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 How about Shift-arrow keys? That's four keys that makes sense and they're to the left as well which is a bonus. And I just checked the default keymap.cfg file and Shift-arrow keys are completely unused, so we're not hijacking anything.

Both Shift key combinations are by convention reserved for MFDs. Also a few keys are reserved by windows as well (ALT + arrow). BTW, elevator trim already has a key combination....
Urwumpe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:41 AM   #2494
Wolf
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 Both Shift key combinations are by convention reserved for MFDs. Also a few keys are reserved by windows as well (ALT + arrow). BTW, elevator trim already has a key combination....
Which is....?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:53 AM   #2495
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 Which is....?
It's two keys, Insert and Delete.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-25-2019, 04:50 PM   #2496
GLS
Addon Developer

Just committed the fix for the wrong aspect ratio/position of panel C2!
While I was in the area, I corrected the operation of the thumbwheels*, and added the STBC takeover buttons, so we now can see when they are being used.

*) felt tempted to remake them, and also add the later pushwheel version, so we could do away with the last of the texture painting schemes, but it would be too much extra work for SSU 5.00, so that will have to wait.
Thanked by:
Old 05-29-2019, 03:35 PM   #2497
asdad
Orbinaut

Thank you Dave for Fixing docking port in SSU [COLOR="Red"]

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Last edited by asdad; 05-30-2019 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:50 PM   #2498
GLS
Addon Developer

The HSI now has a few more things being displayed, pretty much only for entry (no data to drive things during ascent so it is all set to 0) and without a functional HSI mode switch.
BTW 1: I updated the font B, so please re-install it.
BTW 2: this is totally untested in D3D9, as I can't run it...

Pretty much only small things missing now on the code side.
Thanked by:
Old 05-31-2019, 06:48 AM   #2499
asdad
Orbinaut

GLS , I have problem with SSU which mean i got text (SSU_MLP) ERROR: Failed to get pointer to T0UmbilicalReference and (SpaceShuttleUltra) [ERROR] Atlantis::SetSSMEParams : No SSME handle ready can you fix it ?

Last edited by asdad; 05-31-2019 at 07:30 AM.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:45 AM   #2500
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdad View Post
 GLS , I have problem with SSU which mean i got text (SSU_MLP) ERROR: Failed to get pointer to T0UmbilicalReference and (SpaceShuttleUltra) [ERROR] Atlantis::SetSSMEParams : No SSME handle ready can you fix it ?
The first means the MLP doesn't have the shuttle in it (post-launch?), and the second means the shuttle doesn't have the ET (post-launch?), so unless there is something wrong that I don't know about, I'd say the vehicle is in orbit.

But maybe logging "ERROR" in a normal situation isn't a good idea...
Old 06-02-2019, 11:45 PM   #2501
GLS
Addon Developer

Corrected some errors in the D3D9 version of the new HSI stuff... yes, I managed to run D3D9!
It seems the problem in my laptop is not enough power. Recently I put the battery back in to see if the power-offs continued to happen, and it had been running well until today the screen blinked for an instant. Sometime later I got an indication that the cable was unplugged (it wasn't, and there was no power outage) and the power and battery lights started blinking. Re-plugged the cable and it now says it's connected. Decided to see what would happen when running D3D9 and it held. Didn't try the NVIDIA yet.
Tomorrow I'll try to measure the cable power output, but it probably will have good Vs but not enough As... anyway, should be cheaper to buy a new power converter than a new laptop.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:25 PM   #2502
GLS
Addon Developer

So, the new pad versions are pretty much finished, only the 1981 version is "incomplete" (missing the original GVA GOX vents, which can wait for the new pad) so it is equal to the 1982 version.

Overall, there are only a few more "small" items for me to do, plus updating the manual, so things are not that far from the "Release Candidate" phase on my end. The only big item left is the Crawler (and other ground moving vessels)...
How are things in the graphics department?
Old 06-05-2019, 01:48 PM   #2503
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 So, the new pad versions are pretty much finished, only the 1981 version is "incomplete" (missing the original GVA GOX vents, which can wait for the new pad) so it is equal to the 1982 version.

Overall, there are only a few more "small" items for me to do, plus updating the manual, so things are not that far from the "Release Candidate" phase on my end. The only big item left is the Crawler (and other ground moving vessels)...
How are things in the graphics department?
I've been busy fixing up the Ku band DA. It's been a bit slower than anticipated but things are coming fine for now. I'm just lacking the proper references on the deployment mechanism/actuator and just exactly where the jettison line is for the DA.

The cable bundles that goes between the DA and the Xo576 bulkhead are going to need a special animation as they're not located on the rotation point for the DA (Xo589, Yo99.6). The intersection is more Xo580, Yo95.23 which is where the guillotine assembly is located.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:56 PM   #2504
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 I've been busy fixing up the Ku band DA. It's been a bit slower than anticipated but things are coming fine for now. I'm just lacking the proper references on the deployment mechanism/actuator and just exactly where the jettison line is for the DA.

The cable bundles that goes between the DA and the Xo576 bulkhead are going to need a special animation as they're not located on the rotation point for the DA (Xo589, Yo99.6). The intersection is more Xo580, Yo95.23 which is where the guillotine assembly is located.
Cable animation, as well as the Rad hoses, are going to need much brains, which I currently don't have. The only thinking I've done on this tells me that the mesh will have to be segmented so the pipe/hose/cable can bend.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #2505
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 Cable animation, as well as the Rad hoses, are going to need much brains, which I currently don't have. The only thinking I've done on this tells me that the mesh will have to be segmented so the pipe/hose/cable can bend.
That shouldn't be too much trouble on my end, to add those segments. You're thinking of animating them like the ducts on the CISS? It's should be the same general principle physics involved, so it would not look weird. Flex hose vs flex duct. and flex cable. The flex cables that should move on the Ku band DA are in fact already segmented (I have redone all of the external cabling to match actual photos).

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra