Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Beta Topics related to Beta releases of Orbiter and Orbiter development.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:30 PM   #511
Ripley
Tutorial translator

Default Titan HiRes in D3D9 needs some adjusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by martins View Post
 ...Regarding the Titan issue: I recently created new textures for Titan in Orbiter2016 format...
About these new Titan textures, I've taken 4 screenshots (scenario is "The Solar System - Titan", starting paused):

Orbiter2016, default textures

Orbiter2016, D3D9Client2016-R3b, default textures

Orbiter2016, HiRes Titan textures + new config

Orbiter2016, D3D9Client2016-R3b, HiRes Titan textures + new config

Last edited by Ripley; 09-04-2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Added "HiRes" to the title
Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-05-2018, 01:28 AM   #512
martins
Orbiter Founder
Default SVN commit #84

1. Mesh: group is re-initialised after edit with Mesh::EditGroup so that visibility volume is updated (issue #1356)
  2. API: oapiWriteLogV: all output now prepends timestamp (issue #1339)
  3. API: new function oapiWriteLogError() for consistent error output to log file
  4. Bug fix: Inconsistent save/load of vessel AF mode to/from scenario file. Default mode for both saving and loading is now "disabled" (0) [issue #268]
  5. Local light sources: sources with VIS_COCKPIT visibility flag are now skipped in external views, and sources with VIS_EXTERNAL are skipped in cockpit views to avoid filling the available slots with inactive lights [issue #1319]
OVP r.65 implements point 5 above in the D3D7 client.
martins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:12 PM   #513
GLS
Addon Developer

Heads up for the D3D9 folks +/ about point 1 and this: both the "self" and "planetary" shadows don't appear to be updated for groups with animations done with oapiEditMeshGroup(), and maybe some others "standard" animations.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Just looked at the new oapiWriteLogError() and it's really nice... almost makes me want to have CTDs.
GLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-13-2018, 10:11 PM   #514
GLS
Addon Developer

While playing with the vessel's position to check the ECEF and ECI stuff, I noticed that there is a step between the tiles in the equator in the Pacific. Went to lat 0, lon 0 and none of the 4 tiles that meet there appear to match...
It's maybe a 0.5m gap. I don't have the tiles extracted to check if the gap also appears in tileedit, like similar offset in the terrain, actually +/- in the area where the hurricane is hitting the States (the post with that issue should be somewhere in this thread).
Old 09-14-2018, 02:29 PM   #515
martins
Orbiter Founder

Hm, yes, I can reproduce those step changes along the equator, although curiously not at lat=0, lon=0. Did you notice them anywhere other than for tiles having an edge on the equator? Do they only occur over water, or also over land tiles?

I didn't check in tileedit yet, but I would be surprised if it shows up there. All ocean tiles should have an elevation of 0, and the Earth elevation data have a vertical resolution of 1m, so a step of <1m can't be represented in the data. For now I don't have a strong suspicion, but maybe something is going wrong in the geometric transformation for the tile (in which case it should also occur over land).
martins is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-14-2018, 04:01 PM   #516
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martins View Post
 Hm, yes, I can reproduce those step changes along the equator, although curiously not at lat=0, lon=0. Did you notice them anywhere other than for tiles having an edge on the equator? Do they only occur over water, or also over land tiles?

I didn't check in tileedit yet, but I would be surprised if it shows up there. All ocean tiles should have an elevation of 0, and the Earth elevation data have a vertical resolution of 1m, so a step of <1m can't be represented in the data. For now I don't have a strong suspicion, but maybe something is going wrong in the geometric transformation for the tile (in which case it should also occur over land).
I first noticed it in the equator, +/- south of Edwards (about lon: -117, if I recall correctly), then went to the 0/0 and in there the mismatch is not only North/South, but also East/West.
Other than that, the only issue I found was in the East US, and that shows up in tileedit. Give me a few minutes to track down the original post (I probably should have created a bug report for it ).

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 Other than that, the only issue I found was in the East US, and that shows up in tileedit. Give me a few minutes to track down the original post (I probably should have created a bug report for it ).
Here it is.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:12 PM   #517
kuddel
Donator

For easier reproduction: The scenario!
It's a bit better to see with D3D9Client, as the water is animated.
But the step is present also in Inline Graphic Client.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Step in the World.zip (680 Bytes, 2 views)
kuddel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-21-2018, 11:04 PM   #518
GLS
Addon Developer

There seems to be a small typo in the "Atmospheric parameter configuration" window: An implementation of the Jacchia71-Gill (J71C) atmospheric model.

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta