Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

OrbitHangar Addons & Comments Addons uploaded at Orbithangar.com will automatically generate a new thread in this forum for comments. The thread link will also be included on the addons page.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #16
Ripley
Tutorial translator

It's normal.

Keypad keys alone are RCS.
CTRL & keypad keys reduce RCS output by some percentage (maybe they only output 10% thrust, I don't remember), to be very precise for those "extra delicate" manoeuvers.
Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #17
cipher169
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
 It's normal.

Keypad keys alone are RCS.
CTRL & keypad keys reduce RCS output by some percentage (maybe they only output 10% thrust, I don't remember), to be very precise for those "extra delicate" manoeuvers.
I mean that when I tap control, a small amount of rcs thrust is applied to random linear rcs groups continuously. I have no way to stop the thrusters from firing.
cipher169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #18
TCR_500
Biblical Creationist

This plugin has great potential, but there are a few downsides:

(1) It mixes English with another language (I think it's German). Making it all in English and making another version all in the other language, or making a language option, would be a great improvement.

(2) On some controllers, not all of the axis are available. For example, the X52 has seven axis not counting the built-in mouse X and Y axis. But this plugin only registers six axis at most. I suggest making this thing scan the controllers to get a list of all of the axis that the controller uses.
TCR_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:11 PM   #19
8bitgamer13
Orbinaut

Would it be possible for me to configure this so as to operate two sticks, one for rotation and the other for translation (as in Soyuz)?
8bitgamer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:52 AM   #20
thammond
Orbinaut

I tried installing this is 2006-P1 and get an error message

"Modules/FlyByWire/FlyByWireCore.dll not found. Check installation"

When I tried to activate the FlyByWire Module.

The version that is on Orbit Hanger Mods is 0.9.1 beta. Whereas all the installation documentation seems to be written for version 0.9. In the installation directions state to unzip to main Orbiter directory while preserving the directory structure. However due to the way the zip file was constructed, it would end up with all the files being placed in a subdirectory called "0.9.1 beta". i.e. the FlyByWireCore.dll would end up in the main orbiter directory/0.9.1 beta/Modules/FlyByWire/FlyByWireCore.dll

That does not seem right, so I installed all the files to where I believe they should be located at. For example I moved FlyByWireCore.dll to main orbiter directory/Modules/FlyByWire/FlyByWireCore.dll

However that got me the error message listed above. I then tried to unzip per the instructions to the main orbiter directory which did install everything into a "0.9.1 beta" subdirectory, but I still get the same error.

The FlyByWire does show up on the Extra tab, but when I try to edit the configure, orbiter shuts down.

Any ideas? Has anyone successfully installed the 0.9.1 beta version? Does anyone have the 0.9 version I could try?

Edit - - - - - - - - - - - -

I figured out my installation issue. I did not copy the SDL.dll file to my root orbiter directory. Note you will not be able to unzip to main orbiter directory as instructed for the 0.9.1 beta version. You will need to manually install all the files to their proper directories.

Last edited by thammond; 03-06-2019 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Found the Solution
thammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:22 AM   #21
E-trexer
Orbinaut

My FBW 0.9.1 beta doesn't work at all any more. It shows the joysticks (Saitek X56 HOTAS) but no axis options to program. This is in Orbiter 2016. Yes, I've reinstalled all drivers, the module for FBW. I think some software update on the joystick makes it non-compatible with FBW now.
E-trexer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:45 AM   #22
soumya-8974
Wiktronaut

Post Re:Fly-By-Wire 0.9 beta

E-trexer, there will have any development thread of the standalone FBW for Orbiter 2016.
soumya-8974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 03:49 AM   #23
E-trexer
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumya-8974 View Post
 E-trexer, there will have any development thread of the standalone FBW for Orbiter 2016.
Huh?
E-trexer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:18 PM   #24
soumya-8974
Wiktronaut

Post Re: Fly-By-Wire 0.9 beta

This FBW does not work with Orbiter 2016.
soumya-8974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 06:28 PM   #25
Deathbane
Orbinaut

Barring a few bugs its working fine for me.
Deathbane is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments