Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Brighton Lounge General off-topic discussions. Political or religious topics may only be posted in The Basement forum.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
Lanzfeld
Orbinaut
Default Running Eagle Lander 3D on Windows 7

I hope this is an acceptable place to post this.
Has anyone got Eagle Lander 3d to work on Windows 7?

I have tried 2.12 and the 2.15 F version but no go. I have sent the Dev an email but no response.

If anyone can help please PM me or direct me to a place with info!

Thanks!
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #2
Lanzfeld
Orbinaut

Nobody can run this on windows 7?

I am bummed as this was one of the better simulations on the LM.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
IronRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzfeld View Post
 I hope this is an acceptable place to post this.
Has anyone got Eagle Lander 3d to work on Windows 7?

I have tried 2.12 and the 2.15 F version but no go. I have sent the Dev an email but no response.

If anyone can help please PM me or direct me to a place with info!

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzfeld View Post
 Nobody can run this on windows 7?

I am bummed as this was one of the better simulations on the LM.
Have you tried runnig the application in Compatibility Mode?
IronRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #4
Lanzfeld
Orbinaut

yes.....no go.

but thanks for the suggestion
Old 07-27-2014, 04:47 AM   #5
SpacemanSpiff
Orbinaut

I have run EL3D on Windows 7 for a long time now. It works fine.

go to http://www.eaglelander3d.com/downloads/

Be sure you have EL3DSetup215rcF.exe

Mine runs without compatibility mode.

My sadness is that I can't get it to run on Win 8... compatibility mode or no.

Good luck!

SS
SpacemanSpiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #6
drakulton
Orbinaut
Default Eaglelander3d on windows 7

Hi Guys,

Eaglelander3d will run on win 7, 8 and 8.1
If you are installing version 2.15 then you may have to manually put msvcr71.dll into the system 32 folder in windows on 32 bit OSs or the syswow64 folder on 64 bit systems. The simulator requires the dll to run but it is not part of a windows OS although it is commonly installed as part of other programs.

There is a yahoo group that can help if you are still having issues.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/eaglelander3d/info
drakulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #7
drakulton
Orbinaut
Default Running Eagle Lander 3D on Windows 7,8,8.1,10 and vista

Hi all,

As per previous post, Eaglelander3d version 2.15 will run on all versions of Windows from XP onwards, as long as the MSVCR71.DLL is added to windows.

For those trying to get version 2.12 to work on windows vista or later will need to install the vista-patch. This unfortunately is only available from the Eaglelander3d yahoo group files download section.

or I can email members a copy of the patch if they wish.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:28 PM   #8
earthbound
Orbinaut
Default old version of eagle lander

Hello all, i have a old version of the sim , and haven´t thought of running it on the new win 7 maschine. but now i found this old thread and new hope is rising. i got the older version 2.12 and can´t find the newer version that seems to work . can anybody help??
Thank you very much
earthbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 10:49 PM   #9
drakulton
Orbinaut
Default EL3D and Win7

The latest version 2.15 is available from the link on the Eagle Lander 3D yahoo groups homepage. The version you want is 2.15F

You may have to read the previous posts on this forum or look at the FAQs on the EL3D yahoo group to get the sim running.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:16 AM   #10
drakulton
Orbinaut
Default Eagle Lander 3D Vista patch

extra info
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakulton View Post
 Hi all,

As per previous post, Eaglelander3d version 2.15 will run on all versions of Windows from XP onwards, as long as the MSVCR71.DLL is added to windows.

For those trying to get version 2.12 to work on windows vista or later will need to install the vista-patch. This unfortunately is only available from the Eaglelander3d yahoo group files download section.

or I can email members a copy of the patch if they wish.
Just for info:

The Vista patch installs the dx8vb.dll file, an XP era component of directX. It can be installed manually by putting the dx8vb.dll file in the system32 folder in 32 bit window OS's. For 64 bit windows OS's the .dll file must be placed in both the system32 folders and syswow64 folders in windows. You will have to register the dll to get the sim to work.

Last edited by drakulton; 07-18-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:17 PM   #11
drakulton
Orbinaut
Default Eagle Lander 3D and Windows 10

Good news for all those upgrading to Windows 10. Both versions 2.12 and 2.15 run in Windows 10 without issue...... As long as the required .dlls -Vista patch are added/installed.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:02 PM   #12
drakulton
Orbinaut
Default Eagle Lander 3D issue fix videos

I've uploaded three videos highlighting some of the more common issues

associated with getting both versions 2.12 and 2.15 to run and graphics anomalies.

The videos show the problem and the fix, and link to the Eagle Lander 3D Yahoo groups FAQs which give a much more comprehensive overview of the issues and solutions.

EL3D v2.12 Vista patch / dx8vb.dll file installation

EL3D v2.15 Sim stops working / missing msvcr71.dll file

and EL3D 2.12 Black, square artefact
Thanked by:
Old 02-12-2017, 08:59 PM   #13
drakulton
Orbinaut
Default Eagle Lander 3D lost activation code/serial number

Hi Guys,

Another short video to assist anyone who has lost their EL3D activation code/serial number, using either the eSellerate website or the modified Magical Jelly Bean keyfinder utility that's available in the Eagle Lander 3D Yahoo Group's files section.

drakulton

Old 08-28-2017, 04:47 PM   #14
drakulton
Orbinaut
Default Eagle Lander 3D VR

Hi Guys,

The creator of Eagle Lander 3D has just posted this on the Eagle Lander 3D Yahoo group.

Hey All,

I put on YouTube a 1min video showing a few of the visualizations and interactions I have started working on. This is extremely early development and keep in mind the spacecraft interior is at about 10% development with fake place holders and missing stuff everywhere. The idea though is to look at the technique of flying and using the instruments as if you are actually there.

IF any of you have Oculus Rift CV1 with the Touch Controllers, send me an email and I will send you a link to the application so you can try it. If you don't have this stuff - forget it. You won't see anything.

Standing in the LM (yes you are standing in real life with the headset on holding the controllers) and moving about, touching the controls (yes there is a little haptic feedback) it is just awesome!

Let me know what you think - and I encourage all of you to run out and get oculus!

Regards,

Ron
Thanked by:
Old 02-13-2019, 10:45 PM   #15
drakulton
Orbinaut
Default Eagle Lander update

Hi All,

The creator of EL3D posted on the yahoo group forum, more info on the latest release called ELVR see below.

He's also posted a video of his latest work on youtube

and updated the Eagle Lander website.

http://www.eaglelander3d.com/index.html

Hey All,

Well I am working like mad on the new version. It will be called Eagle Lander VR. That’s a hint for you guys to get your headsets. It will support both HTC and Oculus.

In the meantime since EL3D is so old I am going to just make it free to anyone until the new one comes out. I created a generic SN:

EL3D Generic

eagle3d000-7D0F-GP05-SKCL-1S61-8F05

So if you ever lose yours you can just use this one. The whole licensing model will be different with the new version though.

I hope to have some alpha test versions out that a few of you can try. I hesitantly made a video showing a stream of thought of some basic flow of the new version. The reason I was hesitant is because it really doesn’t do the new version justice as it is a work in progress. However, I can’t tell you how fantastic it is in VR. If you have not experienced VR for simulation – it is a game changer for realism.

The plan is to have Apollo 11 mission ready for the anniversary. The other missions should follow in their order as their anniversaries come up.

The new moon is just awesome. I have used LROC and LOLA data to make a super high resolution version. There are still patchy coverage around some of the landing sites mostly on the approach paths so those are stochastically modelled to some degree.

I am going to finally update the website to reflect what is going on too…..hopefully later today.

Best Regards,

Ron
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge