Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

OrbitHangar Addons & Comments Addons uploaded at Orbithangar.com will automatically generate a new thread in this forum for comments. The thread link will also be included on the addons page.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:49 PM   #16
indy91
Addon Developer

Got there!

Wasted a lot of fuel on the two rendezvous, I could have done that part much better. Maybe I'll try again, although having to do the plane change maneuvers is a bit annoying. Would be easier if the Falcon autopilot could insert its payload into a specific orbit, not just a specific inclination. Anyway, I really enjoyed the retraction animation after docking!. Now I can play around with the EVA and stuff.
indy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-15-2019, 05:19 PM   #17
Donamy
Beta Tester

If you launch the FalconDR with the Align plane MFD, you can steer it closer to the FalconSAL's inclination. I think the Autopilot could be set up closer, but BrianJ would have more info on that, than I.

Thanks for trying it.

Also. did you sinc the Thrusters with the F6 key ?
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:31 PM   #18
indy91
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donamy View Post
 If you launch the FalconDR with the Align plane MFD, you can steer it closer to the FalconSAL's inclination. I think the Autopilot could be set up closer, but BrianJ would have more info on that, than I.
Ah, didn't think of trying to do manual steering during the ascent.

Quote:
Also. did you sinc the Thrusters with the F6 key ?
Yes and it does work. The default attitude autopilots don't like either configuration though, so I did most of the attitude control by hand.
indy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:28 PM   #19
GLS
Addon Developer

FYI, because in Orbiter the Earth is a sphere and not "flat at the poles" as the real Earth, if the actual HST orbit data is used, a dog-leg has to be done during launch or you can't get co-planar with HST.
Actually, getting from KSC to the HST (or any 28.45 orbit) is much harder than getting to the ISS, because in this case there is no "in-plane time" at all, as in Orbiter KSC sits in a higher latitude than the real one.
For illustration purposes, an exaggerated version of this issue would be trying to get to HST while launching from near the poles.
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-20-2019, 06:19 AM   #20
turtle91
Orbinaut

I used two launches at different times.
1. SAL targeted HST
After orbit insert, waited for next launch window to target the SAL, and then launched the Dragon.
Since I am using Linux/Wine, I removed all the SC3-vesslels + the dialog-vessels.
The file/folder-naming-convention for the SC3's are messed-up a bit (lower-case vs. upper-case).
And...the dialog-vessels are causing window-focus-lost using DXD9-client.

However, so I used just the HST, Dragon + SAL to dock to the HST without any issues.
But the EVAs are somehow not able to grapple anything.

I.e.: I opened the two doors at HST and "removed" the WFC. ( by touching the req. grapple-points, like in original HST_ex addon)
So the WFC-vessel has been spawned, but I found no way to grapple it.
I tried left hand...right hand F5 to make sure the grapple points are touching.
No way...and..not sure what F11 does (hand-loose/snap-to...).
I tried both F11-settings with both hands suing "k" and "g"...but still no grapple.
turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-20-2019, 02:30 PM   #21
Donamy
Beta Tester

Sorry to hear SC3 or genericvessel don't support Linux/Wine.

You took the Gemini approach.

The hands can only grab things with an ID="EVA". The WFC is meant to be attached to the FGShold, then stowed on the NewOTD.

The hand-loose/snap-to, lets the hand either grab the item in the direction it is (loose), or snaps to the direction it is coded at.
Thanked by:
Old 03-20-2019, 05:49 PM   #22
turtle91
Orbinaut

>The hands can only grab things with an ID="EVA". The WFC is meant to be attached to the FGShold, then stowed on the NewOTD.

Thanks, after re-reading the docs, I have guessed it.

But SC3 normaly works in Wine, mostly without issues.
However, the configs and scenario-files have some issue with upper/lower-case chars.
I.e. from sal_eva1.cfg:
UTILITY_ITEM_CFG = Spacecraft/spacecraft3
....should be
UTILITY_ITEM_CFG = Spacecraft/Spacecraft3

I will try within the next days to "correct" the upper/lower-case issues and will try again, using all the tools, except the dialog-vessels.

Another approach might be, to cramp the SSRMS into the SAL, which works fine in Wine (even the dialog-box works fine).

As far as I remember, the SSRMS can be used to activate and grapple the HST_ex's grapple/action-points.

However, many thanks for the hard work.
turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-20-2019, 05:54 PM   #23
Donamy
Beta Tester

Any Parent attachment, should trigger the HST_Ex actions.
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments