Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Beta Topics related to Beta releases of Orbiter and Orbiter development.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:37 PM   #181
Eduard
Orbinaut

Bug: Having the "Remote Vessel Control" enabled causes CTD when launching Orbiter rev. 55.
Eduard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:36 PM   #182
AssemblyLanguage
Donator
Default Request: HSI Variable Approach Angle

Would it be possible to modify the HSI MFD to support a variable approach angle?

For example, the Shuttle Atlantis approach angle is 20 degrees. The PAPI at KSC is set at 20 degrees but the HSI shows a much lower angle.

Thanks.
AssemblyLanguage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:06 PM   #183
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by martins View Post
 I also want to keep the interface between Orbiter file requests and the zip file server module reasonably abstract, so that the zip server could eventually be replaced by a network server for remote tileset access, although that's a bit further down the line.
That sounds like a good idea. Also, in the current implementation it would be helpful if the path to a planetary textures could be specified. Users tend to have multiple installations of Orbiter, I got three right now. So, it would help a lot if an additional installations could fetch a planetary textures from the master installation.
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 04-16-2016, 07:39 PM   #184
kuddel
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmonik View Post
 That sounds like a good idea. Also, in the current implementation it would be helpful if the path to a planetary textures could be specified. Users tend to have multiple installations of Orbiter, I got three right now. So, it would help a lot if an additional installations could fetch a planetary textures from the master installation.
That's what symbolic links are perfect for!
I have 15! Different Installations, 4 of which are Orbiter BETA based. Those 4 all have symbolic links at Textures folder for the Hi-Res Textures and Elevation maps...
This is the batch, that creates the links:
Code:
@echo off
setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion

set SRC=c:\Program Files (x86)\Orbiter\_Resources\Textures
set DST=.\Textures
set JUNCTION=c:\Program Files (x86)\Orbiter\_Resources\junction.exe

for /F "tokens=*" %%d in ('dir /b /a:d "%SRC%"') do (
  set NAME=%%d
  if "!NAME:~-4!" neq ".old" (
    echo.  %%d
    if exist "%DST%/%%d" rmdir /S /Q "%DST%/%%d"
    "%JUNCTION%" "%DST%\%%d" "%SRC%\%%d" > nul
  )
)
endlocal
In my example all the "shared" resources are located at "_Resources" Folder.
junction.exe is my favorite 'link-creator' btw. and is from SYSINTERNALS.
The extra check for paths "not ending in '.old' " just skips folders I like to keep, but should not be linked.
kuddel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 04-17-2016, 08:01 AM   #185
fort
Orbinaut

http://blog.andrewbeacock.com/2010/0...-you-want.html

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../bb896768.aspx

Last edited by fort; 04-17-2016 at 10:00 AM.
fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 04-17-2016, 03:02 PM   #186
Anroalh12
ETSII

I've installed d3d9beta17f for orbiter 2016 but when I select D3D9 in modules tab nothing happens. I can't see the video tab
Anroalh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 04:50 PM   #187
Ripley
Tutorial translator

Why don't you try the latest?
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthr...&postcount=175
Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #188
Anroalh12
ETSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
Thank you very much!!
Anroalh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:22 AM   #189
indy91
Addon Developer

I have a question about Orbiter 2016 and I hope this is the appropriate place to ask it.

Does Orbiter 2016 accurately model the Earth as an oblate spheroid and if yes, is the atmosphere modeled to fit the spheroid? I am asking about the shape here, not the gravitational model.

While working on the Virtual AGC for NASSP we have noticed that multiple programs have trouble with the spherical Earth in Orbiter 2010. For example, the program 22 of the AGC is used to track a landmark on Earth. As an input the program wants geocentric latitude, longitude and altitude above the Fischer ellipsoid. The AGC then calculates the position vector of the landmark from these inputs. For a landmark on the Earth, we kind of have to trick the AGC to make it work. The longitude is fine, but latitude and altitude have to be adjusted so the AGC finds the correct position of the landmark on the spherical Earth. In NASSP we have set the radius of the spherical Earth to the radius at Cape Canaveral.

Similarly the entry interface is defined as 400k ft altitude above the Earth. Again, the spherical vs. ellipsoid Earth is relevant in some calculations the AGC does. The AGC actually has a program to calculate midcourse corrections itself. For low latitudes at entry interface, where the radius difference is more pronounced, the maneuvers the AGC is calculating become increasingly inaccurate.

I have set a Delta Glider at different points on the Earth on oceans and the radius always seemed to be identical. So if despite the awesome terrain models in Orbiter 2016 the average shape of the Earth is still not an oblate spheroid, consider this a feature request.
indy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:42 PM   #190
SolarLiner
It's necessary, TARS.

I notice there are camera animations in the new welcome scenario, how was that done? I tried opening the playback editor but have been unable to find any new event type.
Also, if you stop the playback halfway through, those camera animations keep playing anyway.
SolarLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:20 PM   #191
Weirdo Earthtorch
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarLiner View Post
 I notice there are camera animations in the new welcome scenario, how was that done? I tried opening the playback editor but have been unable to find any new event type.
Also, if you stop the playback halfway through, those camera animations keep playing anyway.
http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread....&postcount=100
Weirdo Earthtorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 04-25-2016, 08:41 AM   #192
T1234
Orbinaut

Is it possible to have just the highest earth res texture with the low res elev,if so, what download is it and is the EarthLo level 11?
T1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:02 PM   #193
TCR_500
Biblical Creationist

Remote Vessel Control module (Orbiter default) crashes with this build on my system.
TCR_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 04-26-2016, 09:17 PM   #194
bekodreko
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR_500 View Post
 Remote Vessel Control module (Orbiter default) crashes with this build on my system.
set to unchecked "RCONTROL" no problem
bekodreko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:11 PM   #195
TCR_500
Biblical Creationist

A few notes about the ShuttleA spacecraft before you take Orbiter 2016 out of Beta:

1. The window mesh in the VC doesn't line up properly with the rest of the mesh. It's on the top left and top right corners of the windows where you have this problem.
2. The top panel in the 2D cockpit cannot be accessed and is missing the pod release buttons.
3. Could the VC be made to match the 2D panel?
TCR_500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta