Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Requests
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Requests If you have a request for a new addon or want to know where to find a specific addon, ask it here!

Old 01-14-2019, 09:26 AM   #1
Gargantua2024
Orbinaut
Default Mars Science Laboratory (Curiosity) addon??

The Mars Exploration Rovers (Spirit and Opportunity) have their own Orbiter addons uploaded into the Hangar for some time (Made for 2010, but I think it can also work in 2016 since it is SC3/4 based). The Pathfinder and Sojourner has a beta version loaded somewhere in the Forum too

I've been wondering...is there any Curiosity rover addon in development in any form, 2010 or 2016?

Thanks in advance
Gargantua2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:46 PM   #2
barrygolden
Orbinaut

there has been a Curiosity rover done as well as some of the early exploration sites but it was not released to the orbiter addons. they had done some work with the landing and deployment and the arm. all that needs more fine tuning and new exploration sites to explore but was told it couldn't climb so that sort of ended it. I thought a newer mess could be made high on the slope on Mount Sharp and then another one higher up. this was for 2010.
I hope the 2020 rover is done and working with the landing zone for 2016. I think most of it is done
barrygolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:31 AM   #3
Gargantua2024
Orbinaut

OK barrygolden...where could I find the beta version for Curiosity??
Old 01-16-2019, 03:41 PM   #4
Jeremyxxx
Orbinaut

Gattispilot has developed the Curiosity Rover addon since Orbiter 2010, But he's currently on vacation for a while.
Jeremyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:56 PM   #5
fred18
Addon Developer

I have the mesh of the rover ready and animated, I converted it from the blender models from Nasa websites. It looks actually quite good, see picture below. I can share it if needed.

I have in my pipeline to make the full addon (I really look forward to the challenge of programming the EDL of curiosity) but I don't have any reference detailed drawing of the descent stage and anyway I have some projects ahead in the pipeline so it will be nothing soon to be released.
fred18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-16-2019, 11:26 PM   #6
gattispilot
Addon Developer

Yes I made one for 2010. I tried to get it to work in 2016 but moving is an issue. I made a General Vehicle version.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred18 View Post
 I have the mesh of the rover ready and animated, I converted it from the blender models from Nasa websites. It looks actually quite good, see picture below. I can share it if needed.

{image}

I have in my pipeline to make the full addon (I really look forward to the challenge of programming the EDL of curiosity) but I don't have any reference detailed drawing of the descent stage and anyway I have some projects ahead in the pipeline so it will be nothing soon to be released.
Looks good. Can we try it?
gattispilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:26 AM   #7
Gargantua2024
Orbinaut

Wow I didn't know there are already 2010 versions of the Curiosity rover addon! I wonder why I couldn't find them anywhere in the first place...haha
Old 01-21-2019, 04:00 PM   #8
gattispilot
Addon Developer

As for me never completed.
But here is my using General Vehicle.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dQ...iRrRRAEPrBSoP_

when focused on the body CTRL + space open dialogue box to move the animations.
1 turns on laser and 2 turns her off
gattispilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Requests