Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Old 10-13-2018, 11:35 PM   #2041
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 * face missing inboard of salad bowls?

In the highlighted area, should there be a surface, or is it supposed to be open as it is?

Quote:
 * some kinks and holes around the nose cap, at the 5 and 7 o'clock positions when viewed from the front

The nose cap looks beautiful, the area immediately behind not so much. Also, note the gap in the NLGD.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	salad.png
Views:	56
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	16116   Click image for larger version

Name:	nose.PNG
Views:	57
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	16117  
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 11:57 PM   #2042
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
  In the highlighted area, should there be a surface, or is it supposed to be open as it is?
It's hard to see in that screenshot as the shading hides a lot of detail. Could you try to apply the textures so I can compare better with the model I'm working with? Or show it in Orbiter?
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:22 AM   #2043
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 It's hard to see in that screenshot as the shading hides a lot of detail. Could you try to apply the textures so I can compare better with the model I'm working with? Or show it in Orbiter?

It's the area a bit below the center of the image. (That's the LH umbillical, looking forward)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	saladtex.PNG
Views:	51
Size:	449.0 KB
ID:	16118  
Thanked by:
Old 10-14-2018, 10:01 AM   #2044
GLS
Addon Developer

Urwumpe, just to make sure we don't collide head on, you aren't doing any work on the include stuff that was talked about a few days ago? I'm adding the trim switches to the panels and I think some improvements could be made in what is in the Atlantis_defs.h and vc_defs.h files.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

I think I can remove the Atlantis requirement in most, but not all, panels by passing a pointer to the BundleManager in Realize() and the "GetOrbiterCoGOffset() + VC_OFFSET" value in RegisterVC(). The Atlantis.h file is still included in the AtlantisPanel class, which is used by all panels...
It's not a huge gain, either in (compile) performance or organization, but I think it is worth an hour or so of my time.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:37 PM   #2045
GLS
Addon Developer

I've finished an "include cleanup" that removed most of the unneeded dependencies that existed. The file Atlantis.h, although it is still used in several places, now has much less dependencies so "full rebuilds" should now be more rare.
The need for the Atlantis class could probably be reduced by providing classes with a VESSEL object instead, as most only need Orbiter API functions and not Atlantis-specific functions, so for now I won't do the changes in the previous post as something better might be possible.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:43 AM   #2046
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

My approach to get rid of some dependencies BTW is using a SubsystemSimulation class as container for the subsystems into libUltra instead of Atlantis now, and derive a "STSSubsystemSimulation" thats used in Atlantis to make handling and configuring the subsystems easier.

For VC Panels, I am thinking about doing the same, but with a VirtualCockpit class as container, that can be specialized for the actual implementation. The subsystem container would then only contain functions to query or change the state of the vessel physics, while the Virtual Cockpit would only contain functions to define animations or cockpit event handlers.

But I am generally working towards getting a bit more loose coupling into it, so its easier to change low-level code without needing to change much in the high-level implementations of the subsystems or application software.

Ideally, it should be possible to program a flight software process without knowing how the subsystem is implemented.
Urwumpe is online now   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra