Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

OrbitHangar Addons & Comments Addons uploaded at Orbithangar.com will automatically generate a new thread in this forum for comments. The thread link will also be included on the addons page.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:01 PM   #181
BrianJ
thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Pain View Post
 ....but I was wondering how @BrianJ managed to get the autopilot so incredible accurate (I mean it is doing the same burns at the same time as the original)? Did you just reverse-engineer the original SpaceX one from videos, or did you have some better source?
Thanks. I guess my "solution" to the problem of landing the 1st stage back on the ground has gradually converged towards the SpaceX solution, which is no doubt close to optimal.

Since SpaceX have not been forthcoming with much hard info about the specs and functions of the Falcon9, I have relied on estimated data from Spaceflight101 (which concurs with most other websites) and comments dropped at press conferences etc., as well as watching the launch videos.

Apart from that, this old 1962 Ministry of Aviation paper "Minimum Energy Ballistic Trajectories Over A Non-Rotating Earth", was a help figuring the boostback flight vector.

The rest of it is put together from whatever I still remember from High School maths and physics :-D

Watching the SAOCOM launch video, I note the 1st stage came down a bit slower than the add-on, and the upper stage burned a bit longer, but otherwise the timings are pretty close. Which is nice :-)

Cheers,
BrianJ
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-10-2018, 12:56 AM   #182
dropsofjupiter34
Orbinaut

While launching from LC-39A, when the water deluge starts at T-10 seconds, the spray seems to be not in line with the rainbirds. Is there a reason why this happens?

The SLC-40 pad in Canaveral and SLC-4E pad in Vandenberg are okay, but this one is catching my eye every time.
dropsofjupiter34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:06 PM   #183
BrianJ
thing

Hi,
it looks ok to me - could you run a scenario where the bug happens, exit and post your "current_state.scn" and orbiter.log.

Water deluge is generated from the "Strongback" vessel, whereas the "rainbirds" (didn't know they were called that :-) are part of the LC39A pad - so it's possible the "Strongback" has moved relative to the pad somehow?

Many thanks,
BrianJ
Old 10-11-2018, 01:38 AM   #184
dropsofjupiter34
Orbinaut

Brian, I actually changed the coordinates of LC-39A (Strongback) to match the ones listed in the General SpaceX Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...9EIB88tHo9vamo

Instead of 28.608284 N, 80.6041192 W, I made it 28.6083065 N, 80.6041122 W.
dropsofjupiter34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:39 AM   #185
BrianJ
thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropsofjupiter34 View Post
 Brian, I actually changed the coordinates of LC-39A (Strongback) to match the ones listed in the General SpaceX Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...9EIB88tHo9vamo

Instead of 28.608284 N, 80.6041192 W, I made it 28.6083065 N, 80.6041122 W.
Ah, ok. You could either:
Use the original scenario pos parameters for the Strongback.
or
Move the LC39A hardstand mesh (which may then be out of aligment with surface tiles). To do that, you need to edit Config/Earth/BaseSpaceX/Canaveral.cfg

Cheers,
Brian
Thanked by:
Old 10-14-2018, 05:32 PM   #186
pappy2
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropsofjupiter34 View Post
 If you download Kyle's SpaceX Mission Package, it includes an IRL layout of LZ-1. Should you download BrianJ's addon and then Kyle's addon, the latter's version will overwrite the former.
I have a problem with the latest updates to the launch of FALCON9: SAOCOM 1A.

pappy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:35 PM   #187
BrianJ
thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy2 View Post
 I have a problem with the latest updates to the launch of FALCON9: SAOCOM 1A.
Hi,
this should really go in the SpaceX Mission Package thread ;-)

But, yes, the old LZ1 position doesn't quite match the new tiles.

You can use this for your LZ1 scenario entry...
Code:
LZ1:Falcon9R_V12\landingpad
  STATUS Landed Earth
  POS -80.5430200 28.4857580
  HEADING 180.00
  ALT 0.418
  AROT -118.158 -4.495 171.671
  AFCMODE 7
  NAVFREQ 0 0
  PADVIS 1
 END
Note: Using the "PADVIS 1" makes the mesh invisible, which I prefer with the new tiles.

Cheers,
BrianJ
Thanked by:
Old 10-14-2018, 08:58 PM   #188
pappy2
Orbinaut

Everything is back in order now

thanks Brian

pappy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments