Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addons
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addons A repository for Orbiter addons contributed by users. Developers & members may announce new releases here and discuss any Orbiter addon.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:52 PM   #106
dbeachy1
O-F Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marijn View Post
 The problem I am having with this is that the XR vessels configurable settings appear not to be the same bunch as in XRSound. For example, I was happy to see the 'WarningGearIsUpAltitude = 275' setting in XRSound. Because in my flights in the XR's, this warning always plays shortly after I deployed the gear. Both audio files are played at the same time which is annoying.
I don't follow you here -- do you mean you hear two simultaneous gear-up warning callouts when flying an XR vessel? I just tested that here and only one warning callout plays, as expected. If you're hearing two sets of sounds play, please retest that in a clean installation and post a scenario, and I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marijn View Post
 But setting WarningGearIsUpAltitude to any other value is not applied by any XR vessel. The audio file is always played at 275ft and cannot be changed in any way. No other file, no other volume.

So it seems to me that these new features are not available to XR vessels, which I was not expecting from a mod called XRSound.
This is by design since the sound handling and sound settings in the XR vessels were not changed when I ported the vessels to use XRSound: XR vessels still play all their own sounds and so those sounds are configured on a per-vessel-class (as well as a per-scenario basis) as they have always been. Removing all that existing sound logic in the XR vessel code would be a lot of work for minimal benefit, and we would lose some features, too: there are only a few configuration settings new to XRSound.cfg that are not already present in the XR vessels, and we would lose the ability to optionally configure XR vessel sound settings on a per-scenario basis.
dbeachy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:23 AM   #107
Marijn
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeachy1 View Post
 I don't follow you here -- do you mean you hear two simultaneous gear-up warning callouts when flying an XR vessel? I just tested that here and only one warning callout plays, as expected. If you're hearing two sets of sounds play, please retest that in a clean installation and post a scenario, and I'll see if I can reproduce it.
Sorry for not being clear. I am experimenting with making Orbiter movies. Have a look (and listen) at a landing I made yesterday:

What I mean is that the callouts become cluttered. It goes "Gear down" "Warning gear is up" "Gear down and locked". On top you have the altitude callouts. I want to avoid that, mainly for cinematic reasons.

I understand that's proper airplane design and I probably should lower the gear a bit earlier, but that's how I like it and I thought that muting the warning or changing the altitude at which it is triggered would be a way to get rid of it.

Actually, the clip is the default XR5 'On Final Approach to KSC' scenario. You start off in a low energy situation. Lowering the gear earlier would mean that you hardly make it to the runway imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeachy1 View Post
 This is by design since the sound handling and sound settings in the XR vessels were not changed when I ported the vessels to use XRSound: XR vessels still play all their own sounds and so those sounds are configured on a per-vessel-class (as well as a per-scenario basis) as they have always been. Removing all that existing sound logic in the XR vessel code would be a lot of work for minimal benefit, and we would lose some features, too: there are only a few configuration settings new to XRSound.cfg that are not already present in the XR vessels, and we would lose the ability to optionally configure XR vessel sound settings on a per-scenario basis.
That's just fine. The XR vessels are suberb as they are. Now I know now which settings can be adjusted and which cannot.

Last edited by Marijn; 09-12-2018 at 12:35 AM.
Marijn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:03 AM   #108
dbeachy1
O-F Administrator

What I suggest in that case is to simply disable both the altitude and warning callouts. To do that, edit your $ORBITER_ROOT\Config\XR5VanguardPrefs.cfg and make the following two edits:

Code:
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Enable or disable specific categories for voice callouts
#
# 0 = callouts for named category disabled
# 1 = callouts for named category enabled (default)
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
EnableAudioStatusGreeting=1
EnableVelocityCallouts=1
EnableAltitudeCallouts=0
EnableDockingDistanceCallouts=1
EnableInformationCallouts=1
EnableRCSStatusCallouts=1
EnableAFStatusCallouts=1
EnableWarningCallouts=0
That way, you won't have any altitude callouts or gear warnings in your flights.
dbeachy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addons

Tags
ommu, xr1, xr2, xr5, xrsound