Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Project Apollo - NASSP
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Project Apollo - NASSP Development, support and news for Project Apollo.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:51 PM   #16
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
 Now I'm at the point where we power up and check out the LM. Gak!!! The LM plumbing is more confusing than the CM's. Anyone happen to have or know where to find a doc on the LM ECS?

Did you already look at the LM Activation Checklist as a starter?

Generally, take a look here:

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/alsj-LMdocs.html

EDIT: The LM Familiarization Manual seems to contain the coarse descriptions and drawings that you might be looking for.

Last edited by Urwumpe; 09-20-2019 at 07:55 PM.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:58 PM   #17
Cavalier
Orbinaut

Fantastic! Thanks for the link. As for the checklist, I'm following the one in-sim, and I have a checklist for Apollo 12. The problem is, I don't really understand what each specific action actually does, so if I need to figure out something that's happening outside of a checklist, I don't know what might be set wrong, or what needs to be changed. For instance, while doing the regulator check, when I dumped the pressure, by the checklist, the cabin light and master alarm failed to light, as it should have in the checklist. If I had any idea what each control did in relation to the space craft and to each other, I could troubleshoot that, but I just had to press on, and hope nothing was seriously broken or improperly set. I like to at least feel like I know what's going on, ya know!
Cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:02 AM   #18
indy91
Addon Developer

The AOH Volume I for the LM has a section on the ECS, maybe that helps.

EDIT: This document is also quite useful: https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/LM06_En...l_ppEC1-25.pdf

Last edited by indy91; 09-21-2019 at 09:46 AM.
indy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:23 PM   #19
Cavalier
Orbinaut

Great! Again, many thanks. I'm going back through the LM power up a few times, to get a good feel for it. So far, the full Apollo 11 mission (t-4 hour start) has run quite well. MCC has provided virtually everything (no LOS/AOS, but that's a minor thing), and the check list is good as gold. I was a little confused during the AGS, with entries of a single digit. Will the AGS fill in the remaining zeros? Anyway, I found an AGS manual, so that's all good. Is the Apollo 11 mission finished through splash down? -edit- Two additional LM questions: At one point, the checklist seems to indicated actions on a panel 9. I think I've tried every conceivable combination of navigation around the inside, and can't find those controls. Are they superfluous at this point? Also, it has the crew manipulating the window shades. Is this implemented and I just haven't figured out how to do it, or is that superfluous?

Fantastic work, all around! I'll post after success (or failure) with any comments generally.

Last edited by Cavalier; 09-21-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:34 PM   #20
indy91
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
 MCC has provided virtually everything (no LOS/AOS, but that's a minor thing), and the check list is good as gold.
Yeah, the flight plan doesn't really specify if AOS/LOS times should be given to the crew for every orbit, but in reality they got those times in almost all cases. For Apollo 8 and 10 the MCC does give the AOS/LOS times, so maybe I'll implement it for 11 as well. I'll have a look at it.

Quote:
I was a little confused during the AGS, with entries of a single digit. Will the AGS fill in the remaining zeros? Anyway, I found an AGS manual, so that's all good.
You have to always fill in every digit. So the checklist item e.g. "410+1" becomes: Clear 410 + 10000 Enter". You know that the input went in if the displays are all becoming blank.

Quote:
Is the Apollo 11 mission finished through splash down?
MCC updates are done through splashdown, yes. I think rcflyinghokie, who worked on the checklists for the Checklist MFD, has gotten through his latest pass of checklist additions and fixes only up to about the time of lunar landing. The rest of the mission is covered by the Checklist MFD, but expect a few more inaccuracies.
indy91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Project Apollo - NASSP