Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 06-15-2019, 01:52 PM   #466
Longjap
Orbinaut

Hi Fred,

Amazing addon! I've been working a little with it and works great!

I have a question, I notice that when I rotate a vessel the direction of light on the object is wrong.
I noticed it too when I docked two vessels together in the scenario and loaded it in game. I'm not sure if this is VesselBuilder related or something in Orbiter but does anybody know what I could do about it? See attached:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot Orbiter.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	16671
Longjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:24 PM   #467
Observation
Orbinaut

Hi,

It looks like a great add-on! Though it crashes almost every time I spawn my new vessel with the scenario editor, without giving any reason in any log file. So I don't actually get to try out all those cool functionalities.
Though I still have one suggestion: could it be possible to test a thruster without generating any thrust, just to test the exhaust texture?

Thank you again for aour amazing work!!!
Observation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:52 AM   #468
DaveS
Addon Developer

I'd like to request the ability to assign multiple custom exhaust streams and texture positions per thruster. Right now it's one custom stream/texture position per thruster, but I'd like to see this changed so one thruster can have multiple stream/texture positions.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:07 AM   #469
fred18
Addon Developer

Hi guys,

I have no idea of why but I received today all the notifications for the questions on this post... sorry to those who were waiting for answers... but here they are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 I'd like to request the ability to assign multiple custom exhaust streams and texture positions per thruster. Right now it's one custom stream/texture position per thruster, but I'd like to see this changed so one thruster can have multiple stream/texture positions.
I think it is possible already, isn't it? if you go to the Thrusters section and click "Exhausts and Stream" then you should be able to add how many you want. The DG example have 1 exhaust and two streams for the main engines and two exhausts for attitude thrusters. I don't know if this is answering to your question (or if it's actually working). Let me know if that's it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
 Hi,

It looks like a great add-on! Though it crashes almost every time I spawn my new vessel with the scenario editor, without giving any reason in any log file. So I don't actually get to try out all those cool functionalities.
Though I still have one suggestion: could it be possible to test a thruster without generating any thrust, just to test the exhaust texture?

Thank you again for aour amazing work!!!
I'm very sorry about the crash, it's higly unusual that there is nothing in the log since VB logs a lot of information, I'd have to check your scenario and configuration to see if there is any issue with other addons. Anyway coming to your question if you want just to see exhausts and streams just put the max Thrust to 0 so you'll see exhausts and streams without generating any thrust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longjap View Post
 Hi Fred,

Amazing addon! I've been working a little with it and works great!

I have a question, I notice that when I rotate a vessel the direction of light on the object is wrong.
I noticed it too when I docked two vessels together in the scenario and loaded it in game. I'm not sure if this is VesselBuilder related or something in Orbiter but does anybody know what I could do about it? See attached:
I never noticed anything like this, I honestly don't know if it's orbiter or vb related...
fred18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 07:18 PM   #470
Donamy
Beta Tester

Hi Fred,

Just wondering if you are going to look at fixing the animation problems with the multiple robotic arms ? I've been absent from any Orbiter work since you've been away. SC3 just doesn't cut it, and VB is so close.

Thanks for the work you did on it.
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:51 PM   #471
fred18
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donamy View Post
 Hi Fred,

Just wondering if you are going to look at fixing the animation problems with the multiple robotic arms ? I've been absent from any Orbiter work since you've been away. SC3 just doesn't cut it, and VB is so close.

Thanks for the work you did on it.
Hi Don,

I really want to fix it, but I remember it was really hard for me to understand what would have been the right behaviour. There is something wrong, it feels like a bug in SC3 that became a feature in this regards. I will go back to it. If you have more examples of what you want to achieve precisely please send them to me because I remember that I couldn't completely understand the point. Then all the F1 stuff came and I had to leave, but this is still on of my most important projects for orbiter, I don't want to leave it there.

fred18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-17-2020, 12:55 AM   #472
Donamy
Beta Tester

Much appreciated. I'll look up the stuff I was working on, and try to get back up to speed with VB. It's been awhile.

Thanks
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development