Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Visualization Project Orbiter external graphics development.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:14 AM   #4276
fort
Orbinaut

Hello Kuddle,

Thank you again. Is the 25.2 different of the D3D9Client 2016 Edition R1 or is it only a different naming ?

good day.

note:at least, it's a good idea to put your XP Ready here instead that in a private message.

note2: VS2012...VS2015 ?

Last edited by fort; 02-06-2017 at 09:17 AM.
fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:26 AM   #4277
kuddel
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort View Post
 Thank you again. Is the 25.2 different of the D3D9Client 2016 Edition R1 or is it only a different naming ?
Yes it is! The "D3D9Client 2016 Edition R1" was a build of r781, while "D3D9Client 25.2" is a build of r821 (...D3D9Client revision numbers those are).

The "D3D9Client 2016 Edition R1" was build to work with Orbiter 2016. My "D3D9Client 25.2" was build to work with latest Orbiter BETA (revision 65).

I know it's getting more and more confusing with all these numbers, right?

Quote:
 note2: VS2012...VS2015 ?
What? You asked for it...
But maybe it's just another confusion here:
  • VS2012 means : ...build with Visual Studio 2012
  • VS2015 means : ...build with Visual Studio 2015
...indicating the build environment under which these versions were build.
Usually this should not make any difference to the end-user, but we've had different results with different build-environments, so therefore I noted that here.

Long story cut short:
I think you should use D3D9ClientBeta25.2-for2016(r821).zip (linked against Orbiter 2016 [160828], build with Visual Studio 2012)

/Kuddel

Last edited by kuddel; 02-06-2017 at 10:32 AM.
kuddel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-06-2017, 12:15 PM   #4278
fort
Orbinaut

Hello Kuddel,

Back at my office now. So, i'll experiment this evening with the D3D9 XP Ready. But, for sūre,
once again, "it's getting more and more confusing with all these numbers"
Old 02-06-2017, 05:16 PM   #4279
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidia View Post
 Say, is it possible that reflection maps and specular reflections are broken in the latest revision? I have weeded through all my NVidia settings and am confident that there is no configuration for this instance of Orbiter_ng that would somehow suppress them.
Yet they don't show up, and if I run the same tests in an Orbiter 2016 release installation with D3D9client R1, they work without a hitch.
They are working here as expected. But we have done some changes in the code so something could be broken. Nothing to worry about.

Quote:
 Almost forgot, there also seems to be an issue with down-scaling of cockpit panels that is not present in the inline client. Read from here downward:
http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread....8&postcount=12
Is there a way to display the panel with the recent test scenarios you have provided ?
Is a colorkey in use there ?
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-06-2017, 06:36 PM   #4280
fort
Orbinaut

Hello kuddel

Marcogavazzeni found a difficulty with a recent version of D3D9 ( D3D9ClientBeta25_2-for Rev65 i think ) and the nightlights for the ASVI base that it realizes.

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthr...postcount=4247

He asked the question to Jarmonik but it seems that it has not had an answer at the moment and has remained at an earlier version ( 25_1 i suppose ). I just addressed some minutes ago a question to him to let me know which version was problematic and whether it was a problem with ASVI alone or with all Orbiter's night lights.

I do not have the ability at this moment to do tests and maybe not before Thursday. But I also await the answer of marcogavazzeni.

In all respects I just need a 'standard', 'public', version of D3D9 (although this is not the latest revision) running with a 'standard', 'public', version of Orbiter (Orbiter 2016) even though this is not the latest revision. On XP.

I wait for the answer of marcogavazzeni.

good day and thank you again.

Last edited by fort; 02-06-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:28 PM   #4281
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

Quote:
Is there a way to display the panel with the recent test scenarios you have provided ?
No problem. Launch any of the two scenarios in a 1280x800 window (not fullscreen window), press F1 to enter cockpit, then press ctrl-down to get to the engineering panel. The issue should be immediately apparent.

Quote:
Is a colorkey in use there ?
Nope. Though using color keys would have made a lot of things a lot easier, as far as I remember orbiter_ng doesn't support them.
jedidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:41 PM   #4282
kuddel
Donator

Quote:
 Hello kuddel

Marcogavazzeni found a difficulty with a recent version of D3D9 [...]
He asked the question to Jarmonik but it seems that it has not had an answer at the moment and has remained at an earlier version ( 25_1 i suppose ). I just addressed some minutes ago a question to him to let me know which version was problematic and whether it was a problem with ASVI alone or with all Orbiter's night lights.
I saw his post, but I am not really into this issue. I would wait a little longer, maybe Jarmo has some more to say

If he is really desperate, I can take a look into it (but not in the near future, sorry).

Quote:
 In all respects I just need a 'standard', 'public', version of D3D9 (although this is not the latest revision) running with a 'standard', 'public', version of Orbiter (Orbiter 2016) even though this is not the latest revision. On XP.
In that case you can use use D3D9ClientBeta25.2-for2016(r821).zip linked against Orbiter 2016 [160828] (wich is for the latest official Orbiter release).
It is NOT the same as the Version available at Codeplex! it has some more features/fixes (and bugs) that that

I'll try to build the "2016-R1" Version and post it as soon as I have it (although that "codeplex-version" should be "XP-ready"(TM) too...but who knows).

/Kuddel

Last edited by kuddel; 02-06-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Thanked by:
Old 02-06-2017, 09:22 PM   #4283
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuddel View Post
 I saw his post, but I am not really into this issue. I would wait a little longer, maybe Jarmo has some more to say
Fixed in 822

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 23:18 ----------

Quote:
 Nope. Though using color keys would have made a lot of things a lot easier, as far as I remember orbiter_ng doesn't support them.
Color-keys are working in _ng but not with stretching. We have already an alpha-blend support in D3D9 via SketchPad2 interface but it's not compatible with the inline engine.

But anyway, the panel scaling issue is fixed in r.823
Thanked by:
Old 02-06-2017, 10:41 PM   #4284
fort
Orbinaut

Quote:
 In that case you can use use D3D9ClientBeta25.2-for2016(r821).zip linked against Orbiter 2016 [160828] (wich is for the latest official Orbiter release).
Good. But is not it this version ( D3D9ClientBeta25.2-for2016 (r821)) wich give a problem for marcogavazzeni for nightlights ? And: was it local (ASVI alone) or global ? I'm waiting for his answer.

I see nevertheless that Jarmonik, that I thanks here, seems to have given a solution with the version 822, also ...

Quote:
 I'll try to build the "2016-R1" Version and post it as soon as I have it (although that "codeplex-version" should be "XP-ready"(TM) too...but who knows).
Yes.I would actually be interested in a simple 2016-R1 for Orbiter 2016 official and XP. There is no urgency.

Very ashamed to ask you all this. I have almost all the processes to make interesting nightlights on Orbiter 2016 (roads, buildings ...) but I would like before to finish get an idea of what I can obtain with a D3D9 classic.

good day (or night) kuddel and thank you to you Jarmonik.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:47 PM   #4285
kuddel
Donator
Default D3D9Client (2016-R1++) for Orbiter 2016

Hi Fort et al,

here's a build for Orbiter 2016 (...that should be "XP-ready"(TM) )
This is a D3D9Client build that is NOT the most recent version!
It is a build from the 2016 branch of D3D9Client and only includes bug-fixes (no new features).

Changes (compared to the "codeplex" 2016-R1 version):
  • Mars horizon flicker bug fixed
  • Particle effect position bug fixed.
  • Reverted particle lighting to defaults. In a hope to address reported "dark" particles issue.
  • Particle streams: gravitational acceleration reduced as a function of atmospheric density (see http://www.orbiter-forum.com/project.php?issueid=1214)
  • Fixing Texture-path issues...
  • adjusted build_release.bat & get_orbiter_libs.bat to fit Orbiter 2016 release.
  • Minor bug fixes.

Those changes have already found their way into the 2016 branch and I don't think they should be left out!

/Kuddel
Attached Files
File Type: zip D3D9Client2016-R1-for2016(r826).zip (1.81 MB, 27 views)
Thanked by:
Old 02-06-2017, 11:13 PM   #4286
fort
Orbinaut

Quote:
 Hi Fort et al,
..."...et al "

I think that i'm actually the last one or one of two to use XP with Orbiter on this forum.

Quote:
 here's a build for Orbiter 2016 (...that should be "XP-ready"(TM) )
This is a D3D9Client build that is NOT the most recent version!
It is a build from the 2016 branch of D3D9Client and only includes bug-fixes (no new features).
I'll install someday Seven to test the most recent version ( and try to understand all the numbers 821 822 826...). But actually, i think that i don't need more than that for my limited test.

good day kuddel.

Thanked by:
Old 02-06-2017, 11:52 PM   #4287
jedidia
shoemaker without legs

Quote:
Color-keys are working in _ng but not with stretching.
Oh, then something's changed in the last 3 years or so without me noticing (shocking , right? )

Quote:
We have already an alpha-blend support in D3D9 via SketchPad2 interface but it's not compatible with the inline engine.
About that sketchpad2, is there documentation for that somewhere? I have a feeling it might come in handy soon.
jedidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:42 PM   #4288
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Quote:
 About that sketchpad2, is there documentation for that somewhere? I have a feeling it might come in handy soon.
The documentation is in /Orbitersdk/doc/gcAPI.chm
Also some source code examples are in here: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=37171
Thanked by:
Old 02-10-2017, 10:27 PM   #4289
kuddel
Donator

Hey fellow developers and helpers!
I've tried some things, so I invite you to join my >>> poll <<< so I can get some "in the field" results.

Thanks in advance,
Kuddel
Old 02-11-2017, 03:04 AM   #4290
GLS
Addon Developer

I've found this assert CTD on loading a few times: D3D9Pad2.cpp:540.
It seems to only show up when loading a scenario, after having run another.
GLS is online now   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project

Tags
d3d9client, graphicsclient