Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addons
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addons A repository for Orbiter addons contributed by users. Developers & members may announce new releases here and discuss any Orbiter addon.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:55 AM   #16
n122vu
Addon Developer

Interesting. I just downloaded XR2 v1.3 and followed the steps Tommy listed, and although it doesn't seem quite as responsive as the previous version when taxiing in reverse, it does definitely still turn for me. I'm not seeing the 'skid' mentioned above. Rather the nose swings around, albeit a little less quickly than the previous version (tested 1.2 just before I installed the upgrade). But it definitely doesn't look abnormal to me in the movement, just a little slower to turn.
n122vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:58 AM   #17
dbeachy1
O-F Administrator

FWIW, there's been zero change to the turning radius assist code since its initial release. In any case, I plan to tweak the code to improve turning performance while taxiing in reverse for the next XR versions.
dbeachy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:14 AM   #18
ercsim
Techie

Sorry for the detail-less report of the issue.

cheers,
eric sim
ercsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #19
Interceptor
Orbinaut

Hey Doug sorry to bug you,but is there anyway can I please get a copy of the Vanguard XR5 1.8? I made a mistake and deleted it,and, I want to keep a back up of it,like I do with all your released vehicles thanks.

Last edited by Interceptor; 05-04-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:02 AM   #20
dbeachy1
O-F Administrator

Do you really need version 1.8 of the XR5, though? Version 1.9 was just released and is very similar to version 1.8 but includes a few bug fixes and enhancements.

However, if you absolutely positively must have it for some reason drop me a PM and I'll dig it up and drop it into a temp folder on my Web site. Be advised, however, that as a rule I don't support old XR versions, so if you fly with that version you're on your own.
Thanked by:
Old 05-08-2014, 11:46 PM   #21
Interceptor
Orbinaut

Hey Doug,I have been using the XR2 realistic settings by sky captain,and it basically it makes the XR2 more to fit todays technology,by offering weakened thrust,and no hover engines,and also no retro engines,but everytime I start a scenario with these settings,the rtro light starts blinking on the MWS the problem seems to be caused by these lines in the .scn file:

Code:
DMG_16 -1.#IND00 Left Retro Engine
DMG_17 -1.#IND00 Right Retro
You can temporarily fix this by changing that to
Code:
DMG_16 1.000000 Left Retro Engine
DMG_17 1.000000 Right Retro Engine
But if you quicksave (and load the quicksaved scenario), or exit and load "Current state", it will go back to -1.#IND00,is this a bug?,or is there a way to correct this,and if not could you please include a possible fix in the future for this.Thanks
Old 05-09-2014, 01:43 AM   #22
dbeachy1
O-F Administrator

This occurs because setting MaxRetroThrust=0 via a cheatcode causes a division-by-zero error when doing a retro engine damage check, which is what causes the -1.#IND00 to be saved as the retro damage state values.

This is now fixed for the next XR patch release, but for now the workaround is to simply set your MaxRetroThrust = 0.001 instead of zero in the XR2RavenstarPrefs.cfg file, which avoids the division-by-zero error.
Thanked by:
Old 05-09-2014, 02:01 AM   #23
Interceptor
Orbinaut

Thanks Doug,you always have a solution for the problem.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:08 AM   #24
Scav
Mostly Harmless

It helps when he coded the darn thing and has an intimate knowledge of its inner workings and design philosophy.
Scav is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-09-2014, 03:13 AM   #25
Interceptor
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
 It helps when he coded the darn thing and has an intimate knowledge of its inner workings and design philosophy.
This is true.
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addons

Tags
release, xr1, xr2, xr5