Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:56 AM   #2281
DaveS
Addon Developer

I'm in a bit of a bind here. As part of the mesh updates/fixes, I have fixed the main VC mesh to fit the orbiter again. But the problem is that kills the alignment of the actual panel meshes as well as the VC positions. Could they be updated to essentially sit at local zero coordinates with the addition of offsets in the code?
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:17 AM   #2282
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 I'm in a bit of a bind here. As part of the mesh updates/fixes, I have fixed the main VC mesh to fit the orbiter again. But the problem is that kills the alignment of the actual panel meshes as well as the VC positions. Could they be updated to essentially sit at local zero coordinates with the addition of offsets in the code?
Could this be delayed for a version 5.1? We could make that version just to fix the VC visuals (window issues, etc), even without the resize and panel mesh rework. This would be a small update for the user, but for us it involves many changes, hence my idea to take the VC out of the critical path for SSU 5.0.

On my end, I think I'm finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. A few things remain to be done, but I hope to get the aero stuff in good enough state to merge to the trunk before the end of the month.
GLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-12-2019, 08:27 PM   #2283
GLS
Addon Developer

Made a small hack on the sizeable change I'm finishing to the aerosurface command/data path to show the new possibilities:

Only logic in the GPCs is missing to command the elevons to do other things other than elevator and aileron.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	elevons.PNG
Views:	133
Size:	464.4 KB
ID:	16477  
Thanked by:
Old 03-15-2019, 05:59 PM   #2284
DaveS
Addon Developer

There seems to have been a bit of development in the docking system department. It seems like BrianJ has come up with an actual solution in his/Donamy's SAL/HST add-on: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=40559

The active part is on the actual Service Airlock. If you want to see it in action, then just launch the Dragon2_SAL docked to HST_SCM scenario in the SAL subfolder and then press G to see the docking mechanism move with the HST.
Thanked by:
Old 03-15-2019, 07:29 PM   #2285
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 There seems to have been a bit of development in the docking system department. It seems like BrianJ has come up with an actual solution in his/Donamy's SAL/HST add-on: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=40559

The active part is on the actual Service Airlock. If you want to see it in action, then just launch the Dragon2_SAL docked to HST_SCM scenario in the SAL subfolder and then press G to see the docking mechanism move with the HST.
I'll look at this after I square away the aero stuff.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:09 PM   #2286
GLS
Addon Developer

Fast approaching the end of the latest "chunk" of work, but I still have one major item to finish: how does the HUD know the landing gear status? The diagrams only shows the downlock indications being sent to the HUD (directly from the gear electronics), but then there are texts saying that a message is shown if the gear is up at 300ft, and another is shown when it is deploying. So, the uplock indications have to get to the HUD. Any ideas how?
Although the diagram doesn't show the uplocks anywhere, it indicates there are 10 such "direct" signals being input to the HUD, so take 3 for the downlocks, 1 for antiskid fail and 1 for NWS fail, and 5 signal inputs remain unused. It makes no sense to have some gear signals going via GPC, while others go directly, so I'm inclined to add the uplocks the same way as the downlocks. shrug:
Old 03-18-2019, 08:23 PM   #2287
DaveS
Addon Developer

Checked in the first batch of cleaned meshes/textures, this includes the following:

*ExtAL.msh
*TAA.msh
*Ku_band_DA.msh
*RMS.msh
*OBSS.msh
*OBSSMPMs.msh
*EDO_pallet.msh
*Centaur_Mission_Kit_plumbing.msh
*SLWT.msh
*ALL SRB meshes
*Orbiter.msh

I consider them frozen for release, so no more changes will be made. The rest will follow in a separate check in. Wolf: You can begin updating your hi-res textures now as the orbiter mesh is frozen.

Last edited by DaveS; 03-18-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Thanked by:
Old 03-18-2019, 08:59 PM   #2288
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 Checked in the first batch of cleaned meshes/textures, this includes the following:

*ExtAL.msh
*TAA.msh
*Ku_band_DA.msh
*RMS.msh
*OBSS.msh
*OBSSMPMs.msh
*EDO_pallet.msh
*Centaur_Mission_Kit_plumbing.msh
*SLWT.msh
*ALL SRB meshes
*Orbiter.msh

I consider them frozen for release, so no more changes will be made. The rest will follow in a separate check in. Wolf: You can begin updating your hi-res textures now as the orbiter mesh is frozen.
I can only take a look at this when I switch to the trunk, hopefully later this week, but a quick look at the changes in Atlantis.h shows that you reverted my changes from r2930, from way back in early December.... any reason why you are not merging the changes?
Thanked by:
Old 03-18-2019, 09:32 PM   #2289
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 I can only take a look at this when I switch to the trunk, hopefully later this week, but a quick look at the changes in Atlantis.h shows that you reverted my changes from r2930, from way back in early December.... any reason why you are not merging the changes?
I'm not sure why it didn't take for Atlantis.h. I made sure that I had the latest revision before checking in the new changes. I've made the merge and checked in the updated version.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:57 PM   #2290
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 I'm not sure why it didn't take for Atlantis.h. I made sure that I had the latest revision before checking in the new changes. I've made the merge and checked in the updated version.
I said Atlantis.h, but I meant Atlantis.cpp...
And now Atlantis.h looks pretty messed up... just revert Atlantis.h to r2978, so it compiles again, and maybe tomorrow or Wednesday I'll switch to the trunk and re-add what's missing from Atlantis.cpp.
Thanked by:
Old 03-19-2019, 02:33 PM   #2291
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 I said Atlantis.h, but I meant Atlantis.cpp...
And now Atlantis.h looks pretty messed up... just revert Atlantis.h to r2978, so it compiles again, and maybe tomorrow or Wednesday I'll switch to the trunk and re-add what's missing from Atlantis.cpp.
Checked in a working Atlantis.h to make the trunk compile again. I also checked in an updated version of Atlantis.cpp that should have the missing stuff.

---------- Post added 03-19-19 at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-18-19 at 11:13 PM ----------

Something I forgot to mention is that currently the ODS animations are broken. I just couldn't figure out the code. Could it be simplified or otherwise better documented?
Thanked by:
Old 03-19-2019, 02:56 PM   #2292
Wolf
Donator

In order to get both GLS and DaveS updates shall we recompile from the Trunk?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:10 PM   #2293
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 In order to get both GLS and DaveS updates shall we recompile from the Trunk?
GLS's aero stuff is still being developed in the Orbitersimbeta branch, while the new mesh/textures are in the trunk. So if you want those, you'll have stay in the trunk as they only exist there. Hopefully GLS will finish his aero upgrades soon so that they can be merged with the trunk.
Thanked by:
Old 03-19-2019, 03:50 PM   #2294
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 GLS's aero stuff is still being developed in the Orbitersimbeta branch, while the new mesh/textures are in the trunk. So if you want those, you'll have stay in the trunk as they only exist there. Hopefully GLS will finish his aero upgrades soon so that they can be merged with the trunk.
Hopefully I'll have it good enough to merge this week.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:40 PM   #2295
Wolf
Donator

Can you guys confirm the Orbiter mesh are finished and will remain this way in the future?
If so I will go back to my hi res textures work
Thanks
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra