Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Beta Topics related to Beta releases of Orbiter and Orbiter development.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:26 PM   #571
kuddel
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by martins View Post
 Good to know, given that I have rearranged my entire build setup underneath it. I didn't advertise this commit since it doesn't have much front-end changes (except the fix for the embarrassing matrix-vector bug

Let me know if anything comes up.
I am trying to adopt D3D9Client, but I am not sure what .props-file I should use instead of the former orbiter.props.
The most luck I have when I use "VS2015\PropertyPages\orbiter_plugin.props",
but still at link-time a giant mess comes up ...still working on that.

Could you explain the new structure of you property sheets?
a) was it reasonable to switch from "resources\Orbiter.props" to "VS2015\PropertyPages\orbiter_plugin.props" ?
b) Should we only take the .props-files from the PropertyPages directory?

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Update:
Debug-Build: Works with just changing to "VS2015\PropertyPages\orbiter_plugin.props"
Release-Build: Still fails linking (I think a standard library is missing...)
...hold the line...

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

2nd update:
The inherited value of %(IgnoreSpecificDefaultLibraries) made the release-build fail.
So when the build configuration doesn't inherit Link->IgnoreSpecificDefaultLibraries (rendering it's value empty on RELEASE) it works.

Ah... and by the way: it seems that all the macros like $(SDKLibDir) have been split into two versions: $(SrcSdkLibDir) and $(BuildSdkLibDir), right?
From a quick look at them they are all the same for us (non-orbiter-core-)developers, right? So it's up to us whether we choose one or the other?

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Here's my old-to-new migration table. I think I didn't miss any.
Old (< r85)New (>= r85) alternative[*]
$(OrbiterDir) $(SrcDir) 
$(DeployDir) $(SrcDir) $(BuildDir)
$(BuildDir) $(BuildDir) 
$(ModuleDir) $(BuildModuleDir) 
$(MeshDir) $(BuildMeshDir) 
$(ConfigDir) $(SrcConfigDir) $(BuildConfigDir)
$(ScenarioDir) $(BuildScenarioDir) 
$(SDKDir) $(SrcSdkDir) $(BuildSdkDir)
$(SDKIncludeDir) $(SrcSdkIncludeDir) $(BuildSdkIncludeDir)
$(SDKLibDir) $(SrcSdkLibDir) 
$(SDKSampleDir) $(SrcSdkSampleDir) 

[*] using $(Src...) for input operations and $(Build...) for output operations.

And I think we should never use $(RootDir) as it would not work if one decided to give orbiter development a complete drive (".." from "D:\" will not get me anywhere )

Last edited by kuddel; 02-21-2019 at 08:00 PM.
kuddel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-21-2019, 10:40 PM   #572
martins
Orbiter Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuddel View Post
 I am trying to adopt D3D9Client, but I am not sure what .props-file I should use instead of the former orbiter.props.
The most luck I have when I use "VS2015\PropertyPages\orbiter_plugin.props",
but still at link-time a giant mess comes up ...still working on that.

Could you explain the new structure of you property sheets?
a) was it reasonable to switch from "resources\Orbiter.props" to "VS2015\PropertyPages\orbiter_plugin.props" ?
b) Should we only take the .props-files from the PropertyPages directory?
To be honest, the main reason for the change was to make my life easier by unifying the build systems for the Orbiter core and Orbiter SDK samples. So essentially all I did was to copy the property pages from the core build system into Orbitersdk and checking that the samples still compile. Hence also the distinction between the "Src" and "Build" directories. For the SDK samples, those will nornally be the same as you say, although technically, you should be able to move the entire Orbitersdk subdirectory to an arbitrary place and still be able to compile everything to their proper target locations by modifying the SrcDir and BuildDir locations in orbiter.props accordingly. So in summary:

a) the build setup is now a bit easier for me (although in hindsight, restructuring the build system may have been more hassle than it was worth), but it could have added a bit of inconvenience to users who had already incorporated the previous structure into their own build mechanism - sorry for that!

b) yes.

Quote:
Update:
Debug-Build: Works with just changing to "VS2015\PropertyPages\orbiter_plugin.props"
Release-Build: Still fails linking (I think a standard library is missing...)
...hold the line...

2nd update:
The inherited value of %(IgnoreSpecificDefaultLibraries) made the release-build fail.
So when the build configuration doesn't inherit Link->IgnoreSpecificDefaultLibraries (rendering it's value empty on RELEASE) it works.
Interesting. I don't even know where the %(IgnoreSpecificDefaultLibraries) is populated from. Is this an environment variable? What value does it have in your case? So just to confirm: removing %(IgnoreSpecificDefaultLibraries) from the <IgnoreSpecificDefaultLibraries> entry in orbiter_module.props (but leaving LIBCMT in) makes it work?
Quote:
Ah... and by the way: it seems that all the macros like $(SDKLibDir) have been split into two versions: $(SrcSdkLibDir) and $(BuildSdkLibDir), right?
From a quick look at them they are all the same for us (non-orbiter-core-)developers, right? So it's up to us whether we choose one or the other?
Yes, see above.
martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-21-2019, 11:00 PM   #573
kuddel
Donator

Quote:
 So just to confirm: removing %(IgnoreSpecificDefaultLibraries) from the <IgnoreSpecificDefaultLibraries> entry in orbiter_module.props (but leaving LIBCMT in) makes it work?
No, don't change orbiter_module.props! I would never have touched any of the files from the orbiter package
That sheet works fine for debug-builds (where LIBCMT should be omitted)
but fails to link during release-builds.
I just changed the setting in our project file (kind of override).

Why our release-build needs LIBCMT and our debug-build doesn't is a -to be honest- an phenomenon I have not (yet) understood.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:13 AM   #574
Nikogori
Donator

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but... where is the PWR button on VC?
Attached Thumbnails
0025.jpg  
Nikogori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 07:28 PM   #575
martins
Orbiter Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikogori View Post
 I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but... where is the PWR button on VC?
Ah yes, this is a bit of a design flaw. We have already complained a few times to the British manufacturer, but they are citing Brexit uncertainties for glitches in their manufacturing process. I quote: "No deal, no more power buttons" ...
martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:59 AM   #576
Nikogori
Donator

Quote:
 Ah yes, this is a bit of a design flaw.
I thought it was called "design feature".
Nikogori is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-05-2019, 06:43 PM   #577
kuddel
Donator
Default Issue with BETA r87

I've noticed an issue with r86 (and r87 as well). The body-force-vectors (torque in particular) is/are displayed oddly...
I've checked r86 and r87, but it could have been in there before...
Attached Thumbnails
Torque.r86.jpg  

Last edited by kuddel; 03-05-2019 at 07:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-05-2019, 07:02 PM   #578
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuddel View Post
 I've noticed an issue with r86 (and r87 ass well). The body-force-vectors (torque in particular) is/are displayed oddly...
I've checked r86 and r87, but it could have been in there before...
I see the same with r85.
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta