Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 12-25-2018, 09:31 AM   #1051
Marg
Orbinaut

Hello, after some usage of multistage, I noticed in Orbiter beta (~Oct 2017), I get a CTD when trying to activate Multistage MFD. But it multistage2015 works in outside view, for example, pressing P... somehow I am not worried.

But actually I wanted to ask -

1) would it be possible to turn off venting effects, for example, launch is "scrubbed", I do not press "P", just to make something on the pad...
2) what about "burnt" texture swap on ET, after separation of SRB's?
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 04:26 AM   #1052
Majid
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattispilot View Post
 So I have this code that if the Queststarlaunch is present then at a certain time do something.

Works. BUT if the Queststar is not there then at CTD.
So I need to code to read if OBJhandle is Queststar, MorningStar or Venturestar do this/that
Use oapiIsVessel to check if the OBJHANDLE is valid before you call oapiGetVesselInterface on it. If oapiIsVessel returns true, then you can proceed.
Majid is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 12-26-2018, 11:38 AM   #1053
gattispilot
Addon Developer

Makes sense/ I am not sure how to use it.

I think it should be get the handle of the attached vessel and if the handle is Queststar,VentureStar,.... then do something. If not or nothing attached then do nothing?
gattispilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 01:59 PM   #1054
fred18
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marg View Post
 Hello, after some usage of multistage, I noticed in Orbiter beta (~Oct 2017), I get a CTD when trying to activate Multistage MFD. But it multistage2015 works in outside view, for example, pressing P... somehow I am not worried.

But actually I wanted to ask -

1) would it be possible to turn off venting effects, for example, launch is "scrubbed", I do not press "P", just to make something on the pad...
2) what about "burnt" texture swap on ET, after separation of SRB's?
Ms2015 is compiled against orbiter2016 official version. I will plan to compile it also for the beta now.

1) from a realistic point of view I think it should be the opposite: do not stop the venting if the launch is scrubbed. But at the moment I can't think on how to do it with the current version of Multistage. If you want to have something like this using just multistage you should create some ghost boosters group with zero thrust and just particle stream that will shut down when jettisoned, so if the launch occours they will be jettisoned immediately, otherwise you will have to press J to shut them off
2) can't remember if there is an option built in for this, but I think no

for both this points if you know how to code it should be easy enough to build a small plugin that will take care of everything, I'd recommend to create a launchpad module so you will also have the attachment handle check that you can use, I have ideas for coding this things if you need.

Quote:
 Makes sense/ I am not sure how to use it.

I think it should be get the handle of the attached vessel and if the handle is Queststar,VentureStar,.... then do something. If not or nothing attached then do nothing?
There are many ways to do this, it depends on what you precisely need.
You can check if an object is a valid vessel in general with oapiIsVessel like this:
Code:
OBJHANDLE h_my_vessel = oapiGetObjectByName("MyVessel");
if(oapiIsVessel(h_my_vessel)){
//do something
}
but that would be just if it is a vessel, not a specific venture star

if you want to check if the vessel is a venture star you can use oapiGetClassName and check it, even though my favourite solution if you have access to the code would be to implement in the venture star a clbkgeneric answer so if you call cbkgeneric with a specific parameter and it replies a specific code you will know it's a venture star.

That would be for all the venture stars, so if you have more than one in a scenario it could be not enough. If you want to get the handle of a specific vessel and you know that there can be others of that class in the scenario, the only way I know is to get the object handle through the name with oapiGetObjectByName
fred18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 12-26-2018, 02:21 PM   #1055
gattispilot
Addon Developer

Thanks.
Yes I have access to the code as I wrote it.
So I can make all the class a Venture Star.

Can you give a example of using the getclass name
gattispilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 02:33 PM   #1056
fred18
Addon Developer

Quote:
 Can you give a example of using the getclass name
Code:
OBJHANDLE h_vessel = NULL;

for(int i=0;i<oapiGetVesselCount();i++){
 h_vessel = oapiGetVesselByIndex(i);
 if(strcmp (oapiGetVesselInterface(h_vessel)->GetClassName(),"VentureStar")==0){
  //do something
  }else{
 //go away
  }
}
Thanked by:
Old 01-05-2019, 11:22 PM   #1057
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

Hey, I was just seeing if there were any updates regarding the issues between TransX and Multistage2015. I'm willing to do play testing on my end if that would help things any, I want to do whatever I can to help.
1987VCRProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:56 AM   #1058
fred18
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987VCRProductions View Post
 Hey, I was just seeing if there were any updates regarding the issues between TransX and Multistage2015. I'm willing to do play testing on my end if that would help things any, I want to do whatever I can to help.
Hi 1978VCRProductions, I have spent some hours checking and checking again but I can't find any clues of why this is happening actually... I also asked to the transX team but at the moment I still haven't got a reply on how to solve this quite misterious issue...

As far as MS2015 I can tell that it is a unique vessel, and that burnMFD gets exactly the same dV of MS2... so I can't understand why transX is performing differently... I will keep on investigating to see if I can get my head around this...
Old 01-13-2019, 05:28 PM   #1059
Marg
Orbinaut

I have a question about exp_bolts feature of multistage2015. Shouldn't there be 2 positions for pstreams? Because of 2 boosters, currently I get only 1.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:44 AM   #1060
fred18
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marg View Post
 I have a question about exp_bolts feature of multistage2015. Shouldn't there be 2 positions for pstreams? Because of 2 boosters, currently I get only 1.
I am not sure if I completely understood the question: if you mean why for explosive bolts there is only one particle stream definition option is just because when I added it I thought 1 was enough...

I have to update Multistage soon (when I find some time, with two daughters now is not so easy...), so if it is a request for 2 definitions I will add this. Talking about c++ I have in mind to switch to vectors for all the definitions since now I know how to use them quite well, so it means that there will be no number limitiation for anything anymore: no limitiation to stages, boosters, engines and I can put also particles in the list.
Thanked by:
Old 01-14-2019, 05:46 PM   #1061
Marg
Orbinaut

Yes, please, maybe add a possibility some more exp_bolt streams...
And maybe (when the time will come) the option of switching to burnt ET texture (it is STAGE_1 in my configs) after SRB separation.
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development