Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:05 AM   #76
fred18
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabooga View Post
 The "live" payload option would be really useful.
There will be: I already did it. In the jarvis dll package with antares or delphinus there were live payloads on board, I'll simply replicate that system
fred18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-24-2015, 04:40 PM   #77
fred18
Addon Developer

Back from summer holidays and starting a bit of coding again, will give updates soon.

In the meantime I never replied to interceptor, here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
 Hello fred18,I have tested your multistage2015
Thanks!

Quote:
 I have to say that the roll program on most of the rockets I have tested this on is a lot more efficeint
Good! I think that its strong point is that it's a bit more realistic.

Quote:
 I really like the the new booster seperation,and spinning animation
Actually the only difference with the old system is that ms2015 works rigorously on what is written in the ini code, while vinka has some bugs (or checks if the values are within some limits, I don't know this)

Quote:
 I also like the new text info on the hud.
Thanks, some more information will come on the hud.

Quote:
 All of the FOI launchpads,and smoke animations for them the timing is way off,
Noted this, I have to check but this should not be related to ms2015. Pads, smoke etc effects of the FOI launchers were ruled by an additional module of which I don't have the code. I will check in details this to see if there is a link or not anyway.

Quote:
 also so is the COG for the rockets,and alot of the spacecraft3 moving animations on launchpads are not woking correctly anymore,
spacecraft3 animation or anything else is not related to ms2015, they must have some issue by themselves. Anyway can you be a bit more specific with the COG problem? this is important and related to ms2015, if there is a problem there it must be solved!

Quote:
 I have also noticed the boosters,and LES on some rockets spin wildly out of control,
I think that this is related to wrong values in the ini files. I don't know why but I saw around vinka file with huge numbers for rot speed separation of boosters etc. I did not introduce any limit to those numbers because it may be used to create some wanted effect.

Quote:
 But the multistage 2015 autopilot seems to work well.Thanks for making this,and I hope you can Iron out the bugs,I am no expert,but I just wanted to give you my two cents,since I know that you have worked very hard on this. thanks
Thank you for your support! comments and feedbacks are always extremely precious for the addon development! doesn't matter if they come from experts or not!

Quote:
 Hi again fred18,I noticed you added a couple more commands for the guidance file, inverse,and spin rate,and duration,can you write a sample guidance file showing how these two commands would work when launching a space shuttle type craft upside down,and then rolling,or spinning to heads up position before orbit is achieved.Thanks
Sure! good point! I will include an example in the 1.0 release!

Quote:
 Can you please add an option to have a different key for fairing seperation,I always want to see what my framerate is during the sim,but can't because its' the same key for both.
I changed the key in orbiter for the framerate, I put [Y], it's almost unused to most of the addons, I strongly suggest you to do the same

Cheers!
Fred
Thanked by:
Old 08-24-2015, 09:55 PM   #78
Interceptor
Orbinaut

Hi fred18,ok the cog problem,this is off the top of my head,and I can check the numbers later this evening for you,so for instance the Boosters,and ET tank for resolve international addon that are multistage2 the cog is set to 28.8,but with multistage2015,I had to set it to 34.8.Thanks
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-26-2015, 01:16 PM   #79
Interceptor
Orbinaut

Hi fred18,I did some more testing,and noticed that the orbiter Francophone rockets the Ariane 5,and,6,and all of them I have tested are not working properly with multistage2015,and what I mean is it works but no text pop up on the left bottom of the screen,and no text info on the hud,I think multistage2 is working still,but it totally ignores multistage2015.

Last edited by Interceptor; 08-26-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:41 PM   #80
fred18
Addon Developer

Check the scenario file.

Usually this addons have their own .cfg file which resend anyway to the multistage2 module.

In the scenario file, after the name of the vessel and the column (":") put multistage2015 and it should work. In case post here the scenario file and i will indicate you where to write it
Thanked by:
Old 08-26-2015, 06:05 PM   #81
boogabooga
Bug Crusher

I noticed this too and got around it by renaming "multistage2015.dll" to "multistage2.dll" and overwriting the original.

Guaranteed to use the multistage2015 code for everything.
boogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-27-2015, 01:33 PM   #82
Donamy
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabooga View Post
 I noticed this too and got around it by renaming "multistage2015.dll" to "multistage2.dll" and overwriting the original.

Guaranteed to use the multistage2015 code for everything.
Wanna run that by me again.
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:06 PM   #83
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donamy View Post
 Wanna run that by me again.
Simple: Delete the old multistage2.dll in Modules and then rename Multistage2015.dll to Multistage2.dll. This way all of the add-ons that rely on multistage2.dll will now use multistage2015 instead.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-27-2015, 11:33 PM   #84
boogabooga
Bug Crusher

What DaveS said, but I use the Jonesoft Mod enabler.
boogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-07-2015, 09:49 AM   #85
fred18
Addon Developer

All right guys,

a small update just to let you know that I'm keeping up the job on this...

Updated and generalized multistage peg autopilot seems finally to work fine... general implementation was a huge mess but at the moment the result is quite ok. Final orbit is reached with really good precision and pitch progression is quite smooth so I am happy.

But it's still not perfect though... For some reason I still can't get, even if Nasa's equation of PEG are rigorously followed and calculated I still cannot get complete pitch continuity across staging events. I can see from the progression in calculation that I am close, but not yet reached. I hope to get this soon, because once achieved 99% of the work will be done!

Will keep you updated

Fred
Old 09-11-2015, 08:50 AM   #86
fred18
Addon Developer

New Update:

General Multistage PEG is finally working!!!

There is total continuity across staging and an amazing smooth pitching across ascent, I'm so happy!

The call in the guidance file will be:
Code:
0=orbit(250,180,45)
which means to achieve an orbit of 250km of apogee, 180km of perigee with an inclination of 45 (positive means to launch northward, to go south should be -45)

but there are other two ways of defining this:
Code:
0=orbit(250,180,45,-1)
which means to fly inverted
and
Code:
0=orbit(250,180,45,-1,200)
which mean to target cutoff at 200km (useful for launch vehicles that need particular orbit targeting, like space shuttle, otherwise one of the abisdes is targeted)

What I am currently working on is the following set of new features:

Fairing: a call in guidance file which will specify not only time but also altitude at which jettison fairing - EASY
Azimuth Calculation and inclination targeting: already implemented, trying to solve the glitch for orbit with inclination close to launch latitude but not exactly equal to launch latitude - HARD to solve the glitch even if it happens only in rarely
Optimization of gravity turn - Already implemented but needs to be revised and optimized for generalization purpose - MEDIUM
Live Payloads - Code ready to be inserted in MS2015 - EASY
Rotated Payloads - I think I will make an animation here, but still have to think about this - MEDIUM
HUD information - Want to add some other information like predicted cutoff time during launch and payload name and information - EASY
Attitude control at time acceleration - Needs to be optimized to work smoothly also at low fps and/or high time acceleration - MEDIUM

Let's say that I hope to be ready for the release by next week or something like this!

Cheers Guys

Fred
Old 09-11-2015, 10:30 AM   #87
Michael_Chr
Orbinaut

Wow...really impressing the pace you are going at. Looking forward to try it :-)
Michael_Chr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-11-2015, 11:09 AM   #88
Enjo
Mostly harmless

You're the man, Fred
This is a giant leap in the addon development scene.

Last edited by Enjo; 09-11-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Enjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-11-2015, 12:53 PM   #89
Interceptor
Orbinaut

Fred,all I can say you Rock.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:43 PM   #90
K_Jameson
Orbinaut

Great news, Fred! I cannot wait to update the entire FOI fleet of launchers with the new MSG2015!

I would suggest to try the implementation of an usable "spin" command?
Back to the Eridanus development, I was unable to implement this command in the autopilot in an useful way, so I resigned myself to let the stack "upside down" during all the way to the orbit, while the Shuttle at a certain point turns "head up".

Last edited by K_Jameson; 09-11-2015 at 01:46 PM.
K_Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development