Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #61
markp
Orbinaut

Hi the mesh I'm using there is from the Vallis Dao addon
http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=1359

The texture is part of that addon. MFL is working in Orbiter 2010 as well as it's based on spacecraft3.
http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3248

I just used an MFL base scenario and did some scenario editing to remove vessels from addons I dont have installed in my current Orbiter folder. Then I added the DRM lander into the scenario and flew it down to the base. Hope that helps. I can dig out the scenario if you like.
markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-31-2011, 07:13 PM   #62
Interceptor
Orbinaut

Yeah,Thank, you I would like to get a copy of that scenario,if it's not too much trouble.
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #63
markp
Orbinaut

OK here are the scenarios (included in a zip file) I used for the visit to the MFL base. Also included is an updated habitat lander dll following comments made elsewhere on the forum by Wishbone. I have added the possibility of selecting a target during the entry phase and for the autopilot to fly the ship to the landing site by changing the angle of attack.

For the scenarios to work you need the MFL addon and the esa inflatable addon (and of course DRM1 landers v1.3). Also you'll need Vallis Dao for it to look right. I've put the links to the required addon in a text file along with the other files. Have fun!

DRM1 visit to MFL base and updated habitat lander dll with automatic entry

DRM1_v1.3_update_010911.zip
Thanked by:
Old 09-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #64
Interceptor
Orbinaut

Thank you very much MarkP,you are very kind,and your addon is fantastic,I am always looking foward to your next update.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #65
Interceptor
Orbinaut

Hi markP, your new automatic entry autopilot works great a couple of bugs here,and there but all in all very precise,thou I tried it the scenarios with your first DRMV1 1.3,and the autopilot wont work.Eventualy will the autopilot be able to land you anywhere on mars?.Thanks

Last edited by Interceptor; 09-03-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Thanked by:
Old 09-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #66
markp
Orbinaut

Thanks for the feedback! Yep everywhere on Mars eventually.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:25 PM   #67
Wishbone
Clueless developer

AFAIR it is listed as DRM1_wballoon, but be sure to pause the orbiter while adding the craft, and put it on the ground before unpausing.
Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #68
markp
Orbinaut

OK I updated the habitat lander dll so it can land at the DRM1 base and MFL base. Hopefully it can land at other bases but I haven't tested that yet. I've included a test scenario with the habitat lander approaching the DRM base which works ok.

DRM1_v1.3_update_050911.zip

With regard to the balloon I haven't had much luck with fixing the bug reported by Wishbone yet but hope to soon as I think I know what the problem is.

Thanks Babelonia for the feedback, O2 management and other life support systems would be very interesting to simulate eventually.
Thanked by:
Old 09-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #69
markp
Orbinaut

Quick update:

1. Think I've fixed the problem with the balloons causing CTDs.

2. Revamped my telerover into a weather rocket launcher! Launch angle can be changed (uses an attachment). Not sure how realistic it is but it's kind of fun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rocketrover.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	8567
Old 09-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #70
Interceptor
Orbinaut

Hey MarkP,just wanted to let you know that the new descent autopilot works good.
Thanked by:
Old 09-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #71
markp
Orbinaut

OK thanks, much appreciated!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #72
Interceptor
Orbinaut

your very welcome,thanks again for this cool addon
Old 09-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #73
markp
Orbinaut

Made some progress with calculations in the landers entry program for when the lift vector of the aeroshell is rotated sideways. It wasn't taken into account before but now the spacecraft can be banked sideways and the correct lander release (from the parachute) coordinates calculated.

I have added an autopilot that corrects the cross-range error during entry and can release the lander about 1 km from its target. More fuel efficient landings are now possible on a regular basis.

Image shows parachute after autopilot has released the lander inside the canyon.

Name:	ParachutesOverCanyon.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	8586
Thanked by:
Old 10-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #74
markp
Orbinaut

The lander can be released from the parachute more or less over its target now.

Will move onto meshing and texturing of some cargo boxes and a new greenhouse I think next which I have some ideas for. Then that together, with this fancy new autopilot, the weather rocket, dubugged balloons and a couple of other updates can be v1.4.
Thanked by:
Old 10-17-2011, 03:49 AM   #75
markp
Orbinaut

Managed to come up with some cargo box designs that I am almost happy with. Probably remove the white background from the telerover box.

Name:	CargoBoxes.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	8670

Also, in other areas, the guidance system for the landers is moving forward. The system can now be used to predict the amount of bank required to reach a target. Plan to add bank modulation prediction for a trajectory when using a constant angle of attack entry vehicle, like the Earth return capsule.
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development