Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:30 PM   #376
markp
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrygolden View Post
 I think I have that installed and your saying that I need to pick which boxes to take ? 2010 version

I think the included scenarios should have the boxes attached to the cargo lander already. You should be able to chose which boxes and change them around also using UCGO in Orbiter 2010.
markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:36 PM   #377
barrygolden
Orbinaut

DRM 1.4 is what I have and I see no cargo on the lander
barrygolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:24 AM   #378
markp
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrygolden View Post
 DRM 1.4 is what I have and I see no cargo on the lander

I installed Orbiter 2010 and then installed UCGO 3.0 from Dan's Orbiter Page. I couldn't find any UCGO 4.0 as I stated earlier ...

Then I installed DRM1 v1.4 and ran the scenario '080527 0452 At an altitude of 15 km'. Once the lander was released from the aeroshell I could see the cargo boxes.

Any help?
Old 03-13-2019, 12:31 PM   #379
barrygolden
Orbinaut

Ok tried that and the boxes were there. thanks a bunch. you should check with gattis about some updated to this . Might make this better and really need to upgrade the LZ terrain
Old 04-01-2019, 12:02 PM   #380
markp
Orbinaut

A little more progress updating the addon for Orbiter 2016.

I've implemented a simple cargo management system for the addon while we wait for UCGO to be updated.

The relevant meshes are hidden/revealed depending on the cargo's packed status by pressing a key. So when packed only the mesh for the box is shown and when unpacked this mesh is hidden and the cargo meshes are revealed. Pressing the key will also move the touchdown points to the appropriate positions. The cargo can be moved around on the surface using scenario editor. The cargo is attached to the lander using attachments.

Click image for larger version

Name:	greenhouse_cargo.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	248.5 KB
ID:	16530
Thanked by:
Old 04-01-2019, 12:58 PM   #381
barrygolden
Orbinaut

You might look to up date this with a new CM on the cargo/crew lander like the Orion. Place the SEV rover on this as well and maybe a new hab lander like the one used on the MAV addon. You should look at new EVA suits along the lines of the" Martian"
Thanked by:
Old 04-01-2019, 03:04 PM   #382
gattispilot
Addon Developer

I thought UCGO kinda worked. Except no one to open the packages.

I will rework the ler and SEv using thrusters and see how it moves in 2016.
gattispilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 04-01-2019, 04:57 PM   #383
markp
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattispilot View Post
 I thought UCGO kinda worked. Except no one to open the packages.

Yes I think that is the case. Opening the cargo is kind of crucial or can they be opened otherwise? Anyway this will be a back up so I can continue to develop the addon. It is pretty simple and I'll will implement the new more sophisticated UCGO when it is ready (assuming it is being worked on ...).

Quote:
I will rework the ler and SEv using thrusters and see how it moves in 2016.

Great they are very nice rovers.
Thanked by:
Old 05-07-2019, 02:26 PM   #384
markp
Orbinaut

A little bit of progress.

I think I've figured out how to use attachments properly now after taking a look at the Shuttle A code. This will hopefully improve the addon. I have been using a different approach using docking ports, which made sense when I first developed the addon but maybe doesn't make sense now ...

I can now attach the MAV and rover onto the cargo lander during the simulation or from a scenario file. I can also release them during the simulation, i.e. for launching the MAV and deploying the rover.

Name:	Attach_test.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	16622
Old 05-13-2019, 02:42 PM   #385
markp
Orbinaut

Now I have two cargo boxes on the cargo lander! Took a bit of time because I was updating the telerover. One feature I am quite happy with is that it can now automatically move its camera/head to face a target selected by the operator.

I have also added beacons to the cargo lander to indicate when cargo boxes are within pick-up range of the lander. They turn off when the cargo has been attached to the lander by pressing a key on the lander. I might add a timer that automatically picks up the cargo after a preset time so the operator doesn't have to worry about switching focus.

Name:	TwoBoxes.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	16625

Name:	CargoBeacons.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	16626
Old 05-19-2019, 08:20 PM   #386
markp
Orbinaut

Cargo management capability has been restored for the addon. I have included a sort of all purpose cargo box that can deploy a simple mesh-based vessel on the surface. The mesh and its mass can be named in the scenario file. This is useful for deploying things that don't move like habitats and the fission reactor.

The cargo can be attached via the scenario file. Alternatively, as shown in the first three pictures, the cargo can be packed up and loaded during the simulation. The cargo lander simply fetches all the cargo boxes within its vicinity. At the moment it is done by pressing a key once which then instructs the lander to fetch everything within a certain range of the lander.

Name:	Cargo_to_go.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	16628

Name:	Cargo_packed.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	16629

Name:	Cargo_loaded.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	16630

Name:	Everything_loaded.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	16631
Old 05-24-2019, 10:45 AM   #387
markp
Orbinaut

Everything is now attached to the cargo lander including the aeroshell!

Now is should be a matter of interfacing with the different vessels when necessary, i.e for animations of the aeroshell parachute or detaching things.

I also need to make sure the mass of the cargo lander is adjusted properly as things are jettisoned. Also I need to make sure the current scenario is saved correctly.

Name:	Everything_attached.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	16644
Thanked by:
Old 05-24-2019, 11:36 AM   #388
4throck
Enthusiast !

Usually saving is not the problem. The hard part is loading when you need to create the vessel in the desired state.
My Gemini has stagnated because of this. It's tedious to test all the possible combinations.
Good luck!
4throck is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development