Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Beta Topics related to Beta releases of Orbiter and Orbiter development.

Old 01-29-2016, 03:23 PM   #61
martins
Orbiter Founder

Ah ok, I'll look into that. I was pushing out the new commit after 4am this morning, which is never a good idea, especially if you have to get up a few hours later for work

Anyway, it looks as if I left a superfluous oapiMeshMaterial call in the loop. That line should probably go.

Yes, the brighness dial is the round knob on the lower right of the MFD. Clicking on the left half of the button should dim the display, clicking on the right half should brighten it.

I don't know why the vis handle would be zero. I'll investigate.
martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #62
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by martins View Post
 Ah ok, I'll look into that. I was pushing out the new commit after 4am this morning, which is never a good idea, especially if you have to get up a few hours later for work
Yes, I agree. It happens easily here too, just checking out a few things before going to sleep and then suddenly it's 4am at morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martins View Post
 Anyway, it looks as if I left a superfluous oapiMeshMaterial call in the loop. That line should probably go.
I actually added that to initialize the material structure before modifying it and setting it back to the mesh.

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

I got the MFD brightness to work in inline engine and D3D9.

Looks like "vis" is NULL in void Atlantis::UpdateMesh () with the inline engine but appears to be properly initialized elsewhere ??

Adding oapiMeshMaterial() in this section fixed the problem with the MFD brightness:

PHP Code:
       } else if (event PANEL_MOUSE_LBPRESSED) {

double dt oapiGetSysTime()-t0;

double brtdbrt dt 0.2;
            if (
upbrt min (1.0brt0 dbrt);
            else    
brt max (0.25brt0 dbrt);

mfdbright[mfd] = brt;
            if (
vis) {

MATERIAL mat;

DEVMESHHANDLE hMesh GetDevMesh (vismesh_vc);

oapiMeshMaterial (hMesh10+mfd, &mat);

mat.emissive.mat.emissive.mat.emissive.= (float)brt;

oapiSetMaterial (hMesh10+mfd, &mat);
            }
        }
        } return 
false

Last edited by jarmonik; 01-29-2016 at 06:32 PM.
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-29-2016, 09:03 PM   #63
jarmonik
Beta Tester

New D3D9 build.

- Added GetGDIFont() function
- Added clbkMeshMaterial
- Fixed MFD screen rendering. Material is now taken in account.
- Added mipmap load option selector in options dialog.
* Load as defined: Load mipmaps as they are defined in dds files
* Autogen missing: Automatically generate missing mipmaps. (Better quality, long loading times)
* Autogen all: Auto-generate full mipmap chain and replace existing mipmaps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip D3D9ClientBeta17-forRev47.zip (1.13 MB, 120 views)
Old 01-29-2016, 10:25 PM   #64
birdmanmike
Orbinaut

Um, did r47 svn update, then the new D3D9 for r47 as above and started orbiter_ng.exe. Launchpad opens but also a blank window with title (icon) [D3D9Client].

Launch gives immediate orbiter.exe has stopped working correctly, etc. With current state and with other scenario

?????

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Oh - and video tab disappeared from launcher . . .

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

if it's any help, D3D9 client log . . . (deleted, wasn't the problem probably)

Last edited by birdmanmike; 01-29-2016 at 11:25 PM.
birdmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:36 PM   #65
Ripley
Tutorial translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmanmike View Post
 Um, did r47 svn update, then the new D3D9 for r47 as above and started orbiter_ng.exe. Launchpad opens but also a blank window with title (icon) [D3D9Client].
Strange enough, I've just had the same weird outcome with Orbiter SVN rev 47 and previous D3D9 client version 16 for rev 46.

Updated D3D9 client and everything runs fine.
Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-29-2016, 11:06 PM   #66
turtle91
Orbinaut

>Strange enough, I've just had the same weird outcome with Orbiter SVN rev 47 and >previous D3D9 client version 16 for rev 46.

That's the reason:

>GraphicsClient: added clbkMeshMaterial(DEVMESHHANDLE,DWORD,MATERIAL*)
D3D9 client for rev=< 47 cannot be run. as Martin wrote in the last update-not ("client must be recompiled").

But since using Orbiter rev 47 + latest D3D9-client all runs fine, at least on my notebook (ATI-graphics-card).

>(10: 0.02s 2421158004us)(0x18C4)[ERROR] pD3D->GetDeviceCaps(Adapter, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, &caps)
>(11: 0.02s 2421160307us)(0x18C4)[ERROR] ERROR: Failed to initialize 3D Framework

Are you sure, that there are no stalled orbiter-processes in your system-memory (which might blocks acces to your 3D-device/card) ? (task-manager?)

>Oh - and video tab disappeared from launcher . . .
Oh, looks like, the D3D9-module is not loading on your system.
Maybe re-install and re-configure the D3D9-cleint again...just in case.
Because all sympthons you are explaining, happend to me too earlier today (rev 46 D3D9-client + rev 47 Orbiter).

Last edited by turtle91; 01-29-2016 at 11:11 PM.
turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-29-2016, 11:12 PM   #67
birdmanmike
Orbinaut

Huh, I tried reverting to the r46, still gave same problem obviously - then redid the r47 D3D9 (extracted in the Orbiter folder), still same problem. After seeing Ripley's note I checked file modify dates and found not all files updated. So unzipped outside my Orbiter beta folder and moved/copied the D3D9 items in, overwriting, and now it seems to work. Had to redo the video setting though ;-( seems a problem with the extracting - I'll check further and edit my previous as needed. Strange I got this with the r47 update D3D9 first but

For some reason seems to destroy some of the current state as well but at moment just have to relaunch, orbit, align, synch orbits then close in on ILS again . . .

edit. definitely seems to be didn't extract completely the first time - the video bit - at least in my case. Sorry, much ado about nothing again . .

Last edited by birdmanmike; 01-29-2016 at 11:41 PM.
birdmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-30-2016, 01:36 AM   #68
Ripley
Tutorial translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmanmike View Post
 ...Had to redo the video setting though...
First time I launched it, Orbiter opened in a tiny little window, and I had to "redo the video settings" too.
Anyway, it's fixed now.
Thanked by:
Old 01-30-2016, 12:10 PM   #69
ZiggyStardust
Orbinaut

Since r.45, and thru r.47, I can't see earth terrain anymore, just the basic blue-grayish globe... it looks like Uranus of sorts from orbit

Some details:

- no difference d3d9 vs embedded gfx
- all plugins disabled, except d3d9 client when running orbiter_ng
- base buildings and textures are displayed correctly
- tried different scenarios, landed, in flight or orbit, no difference
- and this is where it gets strange... everything works fine on moon and mars!

Could try to revert back to pre microtexture but it will take some time to unpack the whole texture set again.
ZiggyStardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 01:56 PM   #70
Weirdo Earthtorch
Orbinaut

A couple of small observations (REV 47):

Scenario editor: doesn't check for docked status before modifying ship position (so brings e.g. the whole ISS with you to Olympus Base. 2010 undocks the vessel first).

DG stand-by HSI (2D panel/3D cockpit) shows only +ve alt (eg DG @ Brighton Beach, shows 2.456k - should be -2.456k or Rad Alt?)

Is it the intention to enable a screen preview in scenario selection for all scenarios? It would be nice to replicate what is there for 'current state'?

Thanks as always for all the work on the new version - it's awesome.
Weirdo Earthtorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:21 PM   #71
GZR_Ranger
Orbinaut

I also noticed the XR-2 "impacts" the moon at 500m altitude on final to Bright Beach...
GZR_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 06:22 PM   #72
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Hi Martin,

I am seeing a second set of texture coordinates (tu0,tv0) and (tu1,tv1) defined in a surface tile mesh but can't find a any reason for that. Is there a story behind it ?

I was looking an options to reduce a memory footprint/bandwidth of vertex streams. In D3D9 it might be good idea to use 10bit precision for normals and texture coords. That would reduce footprint down to 35%, but might cause compatibility issues with older hardware.

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust View Post
 Since r.45, and thru r.47, I can't see earth terrain anymore, just the basic blue-grayish globe... it looks like Uranus of sorts from orbit
That is definitely a texture issue. There was a change just a while ago, maybe in r.45, that required to apply a patch with updated elevation files. Would be good idea to check Orbiter Beta release notes from this thread.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:37 AM   #73
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matejunior View Post
 Is it available for everyone or only for developer?
Everyone, but you need to use a developers tool for the Subversion (SVN) protocol to download it and keep it updated during the beta test phase, like TortoiseSVN for example.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 01:00 PM   #74
Ripley
Tutorial translator

Starting from this post
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthr...4&postcount=12

you have the basic info about TortoiseSVN. Very simple.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:38 PM   #75
GZR_Ranger
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZR_Ranger View Post
 I also noticed the XR-2 "impacts" the moon at 500m altitude on final to Bright Beach...
I've been searching, but haven't found a solution other than setting the HardLandingsDamageEnabled and CrashDamageEnabled in the XR2RavenstarPrefs.cfg to "0". Can the altimeter or get altitude be set for the XR-2?
GZR_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Beta