Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:02 AM   #76
Piper
Orbiting Space Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSPenguin View Post
 Image displaying is working very fine now and the arrows are there too.
However, the process is not terminating. No change in the behavior at all.
Well, at least the big part is working, however I'm completely stumped about the process not terminating. If I don't hear of any other major issues in the next day or so, I'll upload the new one to Orbit Hangar.

Now wait till you see my next program
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:13 AM   #77
orb
O-F Administrator
Ninja

BUG: You can drag selection cross out of the frame, which causes either in elements displayed as 0, if you moved it right or above of the frame, or "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range", if selection cross is moved left or below of the bitmap frame.

And process remains in computer's memory after quitting the application on Windows XP too. Like there is no ExitProcess or ExitThread call after closing main app window. EDIT: Not always though. This might be connected to extensive tests with dozens of calculations before quitting, or causing few runtime errors in a row, before making the process remain in a memory. Single tests terminate the process after closing the window.

Last edited by orb; 02-11-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Added correction about process termination
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #78
Piper
Orbiting Space Addict

Ok a few more fixes:

-Corrected typo (I wrote "synoptic" when it should be "synodic").
-Corrected problem with clicking near edges, or draging the cross outside of the frame.
-After what orb said about the "process continuing" problem, I'm pretty sure I've now corrected it.

Trajectory Planner (1.94 Mb)
Thanked by:
Old 02-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #79
TSPenguin
The Seeker

Everything is working properly now for me. Thank you very much!

TSPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:44 AM   #80
Piper
Orbiting Space Addict

Ok, I've uploaded the new version (v1.1.1) to Orbit Hangar, it's the same as the most recent one I've put up on my site, so if you've already downloaded that one, you don't need to download the one from Orbit Hangar.

I also just realized that I'm releasing this on my birthday .
Old 02-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #81
tblaxland
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
 I also just realized that I'm releasing this on my birthday .
Well, that case:

Thanks for the great program
tblaxland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #82
BrianJ
thing

Yes! Thanks and Happy Birthday!
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:33 AM   #83
Zachstar
Donator

Sadly I still have the 339 error.... I do hope this is fixed in the future as this is an amazing tool to use even before the changes.
Zachstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #84
Cairan
Donator
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachstar View Post
 Sadly I still have the 339 error.... I do hope this is fixed in the future as this is an amazing tool to use even before the changes.
Same problem here, just migrated to Win7 64 and get the same errors about the missing OCX (ActiveX) component...
Cairan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #85
orb
O-F Administrator
Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachstar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairan View Post
 Same problem here, just migrated to Win7 64 and get the same errors about the missing OCX (ActiveX) component...
I don't know if it helps here, but on 64-bit Windows the MSCOMCTL.OCX file needs to be placed in the "\Windows\SysWOW64" directory, which is used for 32-bit files, and then register it there (if it was placed previously in the System32).

The "\Windows\System32" directory is used only for 64-bit files (a very strange Microsoft's naming convention - instead of making System64 for 64-bit, they use System32 for 64-bit files, and SysWOW64, in which WOW64 stands for "Windows on 64-bit Windows", for 32-bit files). There are no 64-bit versions of OCX files, hence the need for placing them in the SysWOW64 directory.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #86
TSPenguin
The Seeker

Let it be known, that I have not encountered any problems regarding OCX files on Windows 7 64-Bit.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:03 PM   #87
orb
O-F Administrator
Ninja

Quote:
 Let it be known, that I have not encountered any problems regarding OCX files on Windows 7 64-Bit.
There shouldn't be any problem if OCX files were placed in the system by 32-bit installer. For 32-bit applications, all calls to System32 folder are redirected to SysWOW64, so if file is placed by hand in System32, it can't be found in SysWOW64, when trying to be accessed from System32 folder by 32-bit application.
Thanked by:
Old 02-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #88
TSPenguin
The Seeker

So since this files is used very often, chances are most people will have it.

I completely overlooked the possibility that something might have installed it...
Old 02-21-2010, 06:25 AM   #89
Zachstar
Donator

Quote:
 So since this files is used very often, chances are most people will have it.

I completely overlooked the possibility that something might have installed it...

Im 32bit Win7 right now. Installed quite a bit of stuff. In my situation I ought to be "More" likely to have the file not less...

But still 339
Zachstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:32 AM   #90
PeterNigido
Orbinaut

Hi guys,

I am a new member. Is there any chance to get the Porkchop plot generator developed by Piper? All the link do not work anymore, maybe someone of you has the file...I will be very glad to use it.

Thanks a lot!
PeterNigido is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development