Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:59 AM   #61
Zachstar
Donator

I am still unable to fix the issue. I do believe the status bar is not needed if it involves strange dll files.
Zachstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:23 AM   #62
tblaxland
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachstar View Post
 I do believe the status bar is not needed if it involves strange dll files.
They are not strange dll files. They are so common that your system even has them already but they are just not registered properly.
tblaxland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:39 AM   #63
Piper
Orbiting Space Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSPenguin View Post
 A wonderful, long needed tool. Really well done.
I have a problem with it displaying the actual image. The output.bmp is created quite viewable, but the program is displaying the default icon from my assigned bmp viewer (irfanview) instead. Screenshot attached.
Also, when exiting the program with the windows forms (X button), the process persists and has to be killed via Task Manager. Process kills itself fine when using the exit button.
This is on a fully updated Windows 7 for x64.
The program was written and tested on a computer using Windows XP. Unfortunately I don't have access to a computer that uses Windows 7, or Vista for that matter, so I don't really have any good ways of solving this particular problem as it currently works. With that said, I'll look at other ways of displaying the image that doesn't involve opening a file at all (which is what Windows 7 and Vista doesn't seem to like programs doing, I think).

The missing font by the way is Wingding 3. I thought that this was a standard font, apparently that's only true for Microsoft Office. I'll look at other ways of displaying arrows.

The "x" at the right-hand corner not working is because I forgot to write in a single line of code saying "End". I'll add it in.

As for the status bar, people said they wanted it, so I added it.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:46 AM   #64
chad_s
Orbinaut

It currently works fine for me in Windows 7. One thing that others running Vista or 7 can do is move the program out of the Program Files folder to avoid UAC.
chad_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #65
TJohns
Addon Developer
Thumbs up Another font to try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
 The missing font by the way is Wingding 3. I thought that this was a standard font, apparently that's only true for Microsoft Office. I'll look at other ways of displaying arrows.
There are a number of arrow characters in the "standard" WingDings that are probably suitable...

Click image for larger version

Name:	WinDings.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	4108
TJohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:12 PM   #66
Quick_Nick
Passed the Turing Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachstar View Post
 I would rather not have the progress bar then perhaps a "Processing Please Be Patient" line instead?
Would it be possible to just show the percent complete as text?
Quick_Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #67
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblaxland View Post
 They are not strange dll files. They are so common that your system even has them already but they are just not registered properly.
Actually, the .ocx stuff is purely Visual Basic/Office, the files wrap the Common Control dynamic link library which you really use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_..._and_Embedding

If you don't have it registered, for example because you don't have MS Office installed already, it will fail. But the alternative would be switching the programming language.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #68
Piper
Orbiting Space Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad_s View Post
 It currently works fine for me in Windows 7. One thing that others running Vista or 7 can do is move the program out of the Program Files folder to avoid UAC.
Can other people with Vista or Windows 7 confirm this as a fix?
Old 02-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #69
flytandem
Tutorial Publisher

I have Vista and version 1.0.5 is working fine.

flytandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #70
TSPenguin
The Seeker

Quote:
This does not fix my problem. I never had it in one of the program files directories and disabling UAC yielded no results.
The image file is properly written to disk, which is what the directories and UAC would be preventing.
Again, I am on a 64 bit Windows 7. I can only suspect that everyone else who reports it working is using the 32bit version. Or does not have an alternate default program assigned to BMP files.

May the be with us
TSPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #71
Quick_Nick
Passed the Turing Test

Just tested on Vista 64 bit. It wouldn't even allow me to extract to 'Program Files (x86)' I put it in C:\Games\TrajectoryPlanner and ran it. I got that ocx error when I clicked a button, but I can't find that file anywhere on my computer to register it. So it seems the file will need to be added to the program (as mentioned in a link a few posts ago).
Quick_Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:14 PM   #72
Zachstar
Donator

Quote:
Nogo its on my desktop and still have the missing dll error.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:43 AM   #73
Piper
Orbiting Space Addict

I've completely changed how the imaged is loaded and displayed, so hopefully this fixes the problem for Windows 7 64-bit users. I've also changed the arrows to standard Wingdings, so hopefully everybody has that font and they will show. Lastly, I've also added an "End" command to the termination sequence for the main form, so it should probably end the program now.

Trajectory Planner (1.94 Mb)
Old 02-11-2010, 07:53 AM   #74
Zachstar
Donator

Quote:
 I've completely changed how the imaged is loaded and displayed, so hopefully this fixes the problem for Windows 7 64-bit users. I've also changed the arrows to standard Wingdings, so hopefully everybody has that font and they will show. Lastly, I've also added an "End" command to the termination sequence for the main form, so it should probably end the program now.

Trajectory Planner (1.94 Mb)
"Runtime Error 339"

MSCOMCTL.OSX again...

Sorry Piper I still am unable to run the program. Still unable to register this file.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:54 AM   #75
TSPenguin
The Seeker

Image displaying is working very fine now and the arrows are there too.
However, the process is not terminating. No change in the behavior at all.
TSPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development