Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:16 PM   #16
mode1bravo
El Hombre Nuclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987VCRProductions View Post
 Hey, I'm back. The Apollo 14 soundpack is coming along nicely. I feel bad about making you all wait so long for me to release these. I took forever on the 17 pack and I'm taking forever on the 14 pack. This one will be released differently. I plan on releasing this pack in segments like Mode1Bravo did with his 13 pack. I hope to release it faster that way so that you don't have to wait on me to get on with it. Apollo 14 sounds really good already and I'm tempted to release it in segments as well.

Looking forward to it either way! As far as taking "forever" on 17, it was worth it as you did a beautiful job. With 14 it'll be nice to hear more of Roosa's voice, since his is kind of rare on the other mission tapes. Would have finished 16 ages ago myself, but still waiting on audio past post TEI to be uploaded to archive, unless I missed it in there somewhere.

Last edited by mode1bravo; 06-24-2014 at 10:26 PM.
mode1bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:03 AM   #17
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

I just broke ground on this soundpack. I did the pre-countdown, countdown, and most of the Saturn V's climb into Earth orbit. I edited in some segments of the onboard voice recorder during the lightning strike and some segments after that where Pete Conrad is giggling and laughing his way into orbit. I found that the PAO officer in Houston replayed an edited version of the launch during one of the LOS periods. It's a clean feed that's free of the PAO's interruptions of the astronauts and it has the dead air edited out of it. I'm already having a lot of fun with this. As for the 14 pack, it will have 1 or 2 more parts before it's finished.
1987VCRProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 11-01-2014, 04:34 AM   #18
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

Announcement

Long overdue update (sorry).

I've done most of the Earth orbit phase and I've done Intrepid's launch into lunar orbit from the Ocean of Storms.
Thanked by:
Old 12-29-2014, 07:43 AM   #19
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

Announcement

I've done the earth orbit phase all the way through the TLI burn. I'll be working on TP&D next. Then I might try working on the lunar landing audio before making the first release. I've already done the launch into lunar orbit after the second EVA.
Thanked by:
Old 03-20-2015, 12:56 AM   #20
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

Announcement Spring Break - Work will resume

Hey everyone! School has been rough but I'm on Spring Break now and I hope to get back into the swing of things. I have a folder full of audio that needs to be compressed and there's a lot of editing and play testing to do but, once I get into the rhythm, it's hard to stop.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:34 PM   #21
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

Announcement

Hey, since last night, I've done about 19 audio files for Apollo 12. I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm up to the part where they're tracking the departing S-IVB with the CSM TV camera. I've done the entire launch sequence from pre-countdown up to the part where I am now. After they shut the TV camera off, I'll continue the soundpack as normal. Every call from launch to S-IVB departure has been covered (minus about 2 minutes of audio that was missing from the recording that I have. All that's missing is Al Bean mentioning that the Earth looks like a Basketball and a few comments from Pete about the S-IVB venting something out the back).

After all these months of being lazy and playing Train Simulator and GTA V instead of Orbiter, I've forgotten how entertaining the Apollo 12 crew is to listen to.
Thanked by:
Old 07-17-2015, 10:59 PM   #22
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

I found that 2 minutes or so of audio that was missing from the air-to-ground tape that I had downloaded. I found it on the Spacecraft Films Apollo 12 DVD set that I have.
Thanked by:
Old 08-01-2015, 08:41 AM   #23
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

I've gone and downloaded all the audio that I will need to do this pack. I have over 50 hours of audio actually. That should make things easier. After I finish this soundpack, I'll go and finish my Apollo 14 soundpack.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

I've sat on this project for nearly 2 years now, it's time for me to get off my lazy bum and do it.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:54 PM   #24
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

Here's a preview I made of the Lunar Lift-Off of Intrepid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICDG...ature=youtu.be

I'm currently working on the MCC 2 burn where the crew burns the SPS engine to take them out of the Free-Return Trajectory and onto the Hybrid Trajectory.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

MCC 2 burn is complete.
Thanked by:
Old 08-10-2015, 03:08 AM   #25
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

Currently working on the LM Inspection TV transmission.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:12 AM   #26
boogabooga
Bug Crusher

Looking forward to it.

boogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:48 AM   #27
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

I've finished the LM Inspection TV transmission. Next on the to-do list is LOI.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:41 PM   #28
JJJacksonTyler
Orbinaut

So excited.

It just dawned on me, that the next upcoming Apollo anniversary is that of 12, on November 14th, 46 years ago!
JJJacksonTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:41 AM   #29
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

Working on LOI now.
Thanked by:
Old 11-14-2015, 05:04 AM   #30
JJJacksonTyler
Orbinaut

Relevant: Happy Apollo 12 Day!
JJJacksonTyler is offline   Reply With Quote