Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

OrbitHangar Addons & Comments Addons uploaded at Orbithangar.com will automatically generate a new thread in this forum for comments. The thread link will also be included on the addons page.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:47 PM   #121
PeterRoss
Warranty man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjo View Post
 You mean everything, that you downloaded from OH without Face's compilations?
Yes, that's right. And Face's compilations are working with respective versions as well.
PeterRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 12-11-2017, 10:40 PM   #122
PeterRoss
Warranty man

Just wanted to add that MMExt-capability of TransX and BTC is pretty cool. I used this feature yesterday for several precise automated burns and quite happy with results
PeterRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 04-10-2018, 08:24 PM   #123
Ricochetv1
Orbinaut
Default Feature Request

How about an option for Constant Acceleration plans?
Ricochetv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:13 PM   #124
fatcat
Orbinaut

Gidday Enjo.

Just an fyi.
I use Orbiter in teaching but run it on Mac laptops using WineHQ. It works very well. Only a few things don't work.
TransX has always worked great and for the release 7/7/18 TransX2 also now works.
fatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:31 PM   #125
Enjo
Mostly harmless

Hi fatcat,
Ah excellent. I was always hoping Orbiter + Wine would work on Mac someday. Have you by any chance had to follow this guide? If so, is anything missing there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
 TransX has always worked great and for the release 7/7/18 TransX2 also now works.
If something doesn't work, just spit it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochetv1 View Post
 How about an option for Constant Acceleration plans?
Sorry, no plans for new major features. I'm focused on paying the bills.
Enjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #126
fatcat
Orbinaut

Quote:
 Gidday Enjo.

Just an fyi.
I use Orbiter in teaching but run it on Mac laptops using WineHQ. It works very well. Only a few things don't work.
TransX and TransX2 work great for the latest version (TransX-2018.05.06-VCpp-2016).
For a while I had needed a version a few releases prior.

Last edited by fatcat; 07-08-2018 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-07-2018, 03:39 PM   #127
fatcat
Orbinaut

[QUOTE=Enjo;578565]Hi fatcat,
Ah excellent. I was always hoping Orbiter + Wine would work on Mac someday. Have you by any chance had to follow this guide? If so, is anything missing there?

If something doesn't work, just spit it out.

Thanks Enjo,

I had seen that guide, but couldn't really understand it.
I need things in bullet point

What I have done is:
1. Have a standard Orbiter folder with all my addons etc.
2. Download and Install WineBottlerCombo_1.8.dmg from http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/downloads. (skip the site ads)
3. Click on Orbiter.exe and open with Wine (default).
4. A few launchpad settings makes it render great.

I don't use fullscreen or D3D9 Orbiter.ng. But it's just fine this way.
Here's a screen shot.

Thanks heaps for all your great MFDs. Isn'r Orbiter just the best example of a community working together for no profit.

If you wanted me to look at the guide a bit more and check it out I can.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 00.57.26.jpg  
Old 07-08-2018, 06:37 AM   #128
Enjo
Mostly harmless

Ah OK. I see. You don't use DX9 and you probably don't use more advanced addons, like Andrew's (Lagrange MFD, RV Orientation) so you don't need all these VC Redistributables. My addons don't use the latest ones on purpose, and here we see the positive result of you being able to teach things on plain Orbiter with some basic addons. Cheers

Your guide has actually a potential of being included in the Wiki. It couldn't be simpler than that.

Quote:
 If you wanted me to look at the guide a bit more and check it out I can.
Only if you care about running the extras, that I mentioned at the beginning.

Quote:
 Thanks heaps for all your great MFDs. Isn't Orbiter just the best example of a community working together for no profit.
Honestly I'd work more happily on the subject, if I received any donations. I think I will setup a BTC donation address for this purpose. Nobody would be obliged to donate, but it would show the real value of my MFDs.

Last edited by Enjo; 07-08-2018 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:20 PM   #129
fatcat
Orbinaut

Thanks Enjo.

Success is when I have a student that can launch manually, circularise, align, synch, approach and dock.

What I have running well:
Vessels/Spacecraft: Atlantis (and all stock vessels), SpaceX (Falcon9, Heavy, BFR), DGIV, XR2, SLS/Orion. Delta.
MFDs: Launch, TransX, HUDDrawer, ModuleMessaging, Basesync, Burntime, Glideslope, AbsoluteKillRotate, Aerobrake, Camshake, Hover, IMFD, LunarTransfer, Pursuit, Rendezvous, ScramAltitude, OrbiterSound, XRSound.
I just installed Lagrange and it does seem to work OK.

Settings that help:
Window mode not fullscreen
Direct 3D video devices not Wine.

I just downloaded D3D9Client2016-R3b and copied the files into their respective Orbiter folders.
Orbiter_ng.exe runs great on the Mac.
Attached Thumbnails
D3D9.jpg  

Last edited by fatcat; 07-28-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:06 AM   #130
Enjo
Mostly harmless

I forgot, that Andrew linked the VC runtimes statically, so you're all good with his addons.
And thanks for the tips on the settings.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:26 AM   #131
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

Hey, I'm here with a problem that exists with the 2010 version of TransX and might exist for the 2016 version (I don't have an immediate way of testing it currently but I'll get right on that and add a follow-up post). Basically, it's an issue with how TransX communicates with Multistage2015. I framed the issue with the devs of MS2015 hoping it was something wrong with their code but they told me to come and present it to the TransX devs instead.

Basically, TransX anticipates a longer burn time with Multistage2015 vehicles, so the countdown timer to the burn is off, resulting in a large error in the escape trajectory. Obviously, this is worse in scenarios that require higher Delta-V burns. In order to fly missions like Pioneer 11 or Voyager 2, I have to save once I'm in orbit, switch the vehicle module back to the old Multistage2 format, and then reload the scenario so I can make the escape burn.

The following images illustrate what I'm talking about.

The first image shows the time to the burn using a MS2015 vehicle, at 460 seconds to the maneuver, it wants me to begin the burn in a little over 41 seconds:

This next image is from the same scenario but with the vehicle module set back to MS2, the time to the burn is now a more reasonable 139.9 seconds:

I'm sorry if this turns out to be a problem for the Multistage2015 crew to fix on their end, but I was told to present the problem to you.

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

I can confirm that this issue is present in the 2016 version as well, so it's worth looking at.

1987VCRProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:54 AM   #132
Enjo
Mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987VCRProductions View Post
 In order to fly missions like Pioneer 11 or Voyager 2, I have to save once I'm in orbit, switch the vehicle module back to the old Multistage2 format, and then reload the scenario so I can make the escape burn.
Hi,
Well this basically sums it up. If it works for the old format, then it means, that the guys changed something along into a form that's incompatible with the old format.
Can I first see a link to your post at the Multistage 2015 thread, as a start?
Old 11-16-2018, 09:47 AM   #133
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

Here’s a link to the page of the Multistage2015 Development thread where my conversation with the devs took place: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showth...=35845&page=63

The entire conversation is contained on this one page, starting from the second post on this page.
1987VCRProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:49 PM   #134
fred18
Addon Developer

Hey guys, I'm here to help with MS2015. I can't understand this issue, I mean why it's happening. Maybe together with Enjo we can work this out.

---------- Post added at 23:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Can you confirm me which parameters of the vessel gets accounted for burn planning?
My guess:

- empty mass
- fuel mass
- main engine thrust
- main engine isp

and that should be all, anything else?
fred18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 08:20 AM   #135
Enjo
Mostly harmless

Hi Fred,

First notice, that after reading 1987VCRProductions' post in your thread, it seems that BTC calculates this correctly. I've made it so, that both TransX and BTC use the same base class for vessel stack calculation, but apart from this, they diverge unfortunately.

Here's how TransX does it (it uses the full implementation of BurnTime class):
https://sourceforge.net/p/enjomitchs...ction.cpp#l872

And here's BTC (using only the stack calculation):
https://sourceforge.net/p/enjomitchs...nTime.cpp#l249

And the BurnTime class:
https://sourceforge.net/p/enjomitchs...r/BurnTime.cpp

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments