Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2018, 03:51 PM   #2011
GLS
Addon Developer
 
GLS's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 Some interesting paper with maybe small implications for our GNC work:

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/c...0110003998.pdf

The Shuttle used both kinds of star trackers at the same time later, because of problems tracking the ISS with the newer solid state trackers (as the ISS was too bright)

One conclusion of it: we should make the installed star tracker type a mission file option. There had been some experimentation during the ISS assembly missions and the Orbiters launched with different star tracker configurations.

(And we should make spare parts limited. For being pure evil.)
We just need someone to do the navigation side of things.... I've already done a chunk of guidance and I'm now looking at the insanity that is the FCS of the AerojetDAP, so I'll pass....
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:42 PM   #2012
Urwumpe
Certain Super User
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 We just need someone to do the navigation side of things.... I've already done a chunk of guidance and I'm now looking at the insanity that is the FCS of the AerojetDAP, so I'll pass....
No deal, I wanted to do this anyway, but at a too slow pace for all of you. My current free time development speed is "tectonic".
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:16 PM   #2013
GLS
Addon Developer
 
GLS's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 No deal, I wanted to do this anyway, but at a too slow pace for all of you. My current free time development speed is "tectonic".
It took me the best part of a week to change 2 signs, so I'm not moving that much faster...
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:27 PM   #2014
Urwumpe
Certain Super User
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 It took me the best part of a week to change 2 signs, so I'm not moving that much faster...

Yeah... my current pet projects are like this, maybe you want to comment on them:
  • Finally get a multithreaded DPS model done - at least the application software model.
  • Add all GNC sensors
  • Get healthy again
  • Write a standalone C++ library and a flight plan editor tool, that could be included in SSU as well.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:25 PM   #2015
GLS
Addon Developer
 
GLS's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 Yeah... my current pet projects are like this, maybe you want to comment on them:
  • Finally get a multithreaded DPS model done - at least the application software model.
  • Add all GNC sensors
  • Get healthy again
  • Write a standalone C++ library and a flight plan editor tool, that could be included in SSU as well.
I'd say #2 is the hardest one, will all the RM levels...
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:59 PM   #2016
Urwumpe
Certain Super User
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 I'd say #2 is the hardest one, will all the RM levels...

Yeah, that is why I think #1 is still the best choice... maybe we can simplify this a bit then by using patterns and templates.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:01 PM   #2017
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

Well, after quite some time the new orbiter mesh is now finally done. There's some hidden triangles here and there but 98% of them are gone. To me everything looks and performs great now.

Once I've taken a break, I'll move on the ETs (the SLWT is mostly done, I just need to transfer the changes to the other versions).
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-01-2018, 12:30 PM   #2018
GLS
Addon Developer
 
GLS's Avatar
Default

So, having flown several successful entries to KSC, WSSH and EAFB, I think one of the show stoppers (finding the runway in altitude) is now out of the way (although some work still remains to be done on the displays, trajectory parameters and FCS).
I still have to check what the current status is in the "mesh world", but I'd like for us to start thinking about releasing SSU 5.0 around the end of the year (actually, Christmas is on a Tuesday....).
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:58 PM   #2019
Urwumpe
Certain Super User
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 So, having flown several successful entries to KSC, WSSH and EAFB, I think one of the show stoppers (finding the runway in altitude) is now out of the way (although some work still remains to be done on the displays, trajectory parameters and FCS).
I still have to check what the current status is in the "mesh world", but I'd like for us to start thinking about releasing SSU 5.0 around the end of the year (actually, Christmas is on a Tuesday....).
No complaints from my side there. When will we make a feature freeze?

I doubt I will have a useful DPS code done until December. Maybe we can already do first small implementation tests of software until then.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:24 PM   #2020
GLS
Addon Developer
 
GLS's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 No complaints from my side there. When will we make a feature freeze?
It will probably take at least another month until I merge the beta branch to the trunk, so "new" things will show up there (mostly re-adding existing stuff to the HUD or A/E PFD, but don't worry, for now I'll not do the correct data flow and the 1333 buses, etc), so on my part it would be in 30 days. I don't know how things are on the graphics department, except that some time will be needed to clear the hidden stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 I doubt I will have a useful DPS code done until December. Maybe we can already do first small implementation tests of software until then.
Two words: branch, please.
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #2021
Urwumpe
Certain Super User
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 Two words: branch, please.
Of course.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:29 AM   #2022
Urwumpe
Certain Super User
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Created a Branch "MultiprocessDPS" based on the current "OrbiterBeta" branch for further development. I'll keep it synchronized with any development branch we'll use later until merging it.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 02:48 PM   #2023
GLS
Addon Developer
 
GLS's Avatar
Default

Finally switched to the trunk to see the changes to the OV model and there is a big hole in the PLB...

In a quick look I saw that the bottom of the aft compartment isn't flat (I think it should be, but I could be wrong), and there are several places with "holes", i.e., things don't fit tight like gear doors, RCC panels.
I still have to open it in blender to see how it looks there, but the SB animation issue appears to be gone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a1.PNG
Views:	52
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	16104  
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 03:09 PM   #2024
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 Finally switched to the trunk to see the changes to the OV model and there is a big hole in the PLB...

In a quick look I saw that the bottom of the aft compartment isn't flat (I think it should be, but I could be wrong), and there are several places with "holes", i.e., things don't fit tight like gear doors, RCC panels.
I still have to open it in blender to see how it looks there, but the SB animation issue appears to be gone.
Everything looks good here, except for the wing box hole. Did you rebuild the sources after switching?
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 04:20 PM   #2025
Urwumpe
Certain Super User
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

I decided to do some cleanup first in the new DPS branch before getting to real implementation work:
  • Included CMake, because I started work cursing about the project files again
  • Finished a findpackage script for CMake to select OrbiterAPI and configure paths. Can also be used for other add-ons
  • Added a findpackage script for LibUltra, automatically configuring projects that want to use it.
  • Removed duplicate files from LibUltra and ShuttleUltra
  • Started removing the bloat from Atlantis.h. Its really a bad idea to reference EVERYTHING in Atlantis.h and reference Atlantis.h everywhere
  • Working towards splitting compilation up into modules, so we don't need to compile all files when something changes in a single header.
  • Moved shuttle orbiter specific code from LibUltra to SpaceShuttleUltra
  • Including general purpose code in that place
  • Included a "DPS Monitor" MFD to assist in development of the new DPS and later for debugging software.
  • Plan to include support to create both ZIP and MSI style release packages

Something different: Any recommendations against including support for NASAs Procedure Representation Language in LibUltra? Its a XML format that replaces the old printed checklists in Orion. Could maybe also be useful for describing checklists in SSU or other add-ons, like the Project Apollo Checklist MFD does.

Last edited by Urwumpe; 10-06-2018 at 04:22 PM.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Reply

  Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:41 AM.

Quick Links Need Help?


About Us | Rules & Guidelines | TOS Policy | Privacy Policy

Orbiter-Forum is hosted at Orbithangar.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2017, Orbiter-Forum.com. All rights reserved.