Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:43 AM   #1006
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 Sorry for being thick headed, but I don't see the reason for the polling.
Without polling, we would need essentially two interfaces or a interface with functions for direction MLP->Orbiter and Orbiter->MLP, which are simply not used.

This adds a lot more effort to it, the MLP would also need to know the orbiters name and disconnecting/connecting is a major communication use case.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:14 AM   #1007
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 Without polling, we would need essentially two interfaces or a interface with functions for direction MLP->Orbiter and Orbiter->MLP, which are simply not used.

This adds a lot more effort to it, the MLP would also need to know the orbiters name and disconnecting/connecting is a major communication use case.
So I made this diagram to make things a bit clearer because, or I understood you wrong or the T0 umbilical will be very different from the other interfaces (as I understood them).

So, in red are the interfaces that a vessel implements so it can be talked to by somebody else, and the black arrows show the direction of calling. Some of them might actually not be used, but there's no harm is showing all the possibilities. The diagram is for LC39, the SLC-6 vessel would implement the LCC/Pad and the T0 interfaces.
The gray connections between the MLP and the vehicle represent my current understanding of that connection. Instead of an implemented interface, the Atlantis class instantiates a class (the blue box) that handles the talking to and from the MLP (or whatever we want). This is so a connection state can be kept, so that when Atlantis says "Fire HDP PICs" the connection is broken and further calls won't do anything. On the MLP side, as it has the umbilical animation state, it will know when it is connected or not, and when it's not it will also not respond. The blue box won't do anything else except receive calls, check if the connection is alive (for the functions called by Atlantis) and pass the call to the other side.
This works in my head...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IFs.png
Views:	43
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	15307  
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-20-2017, 03:57 PM   #1008
GLS
Addon Developer

Time to make decisions without data (a.k.a. most days in SSU ):

Any objections if I consider the "post-liftoff water" portion of the SSWS to be only the water being sprayed onto the pad surface, around the SRB holes? (and the water inside the flame holes would be the "pre-liftoff water")
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 04:05 PM   #1009
DaveS
Addon Developer

This is a document I have on SLC-6 pad water deluge which I found on NTRS a while back: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mulatcuu1m...67675.pdf?dl=0
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra