Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Requests
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Requests If you have a request for a new addon or want to know where to find a specific addon, ask it here!

Old 03-21-2017, 03:50 PM   #91
gattispilot
Addon Developer

why what?

Wouldn't need to store it to compare the difference. to see if you are coming or going

Or just make a timer that once you went thru counts and after a set time the gate is open again. So you can only go thru one at a time.
gattispilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:59 PM   #92
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Why if you already have the velocity?
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:00 AM   #93
gattispilot
Addon Developer

So what is needed to get this going?

As you said it is easy just need to prevent the going back and forth. So you thru and it starts a timer. And closes the gate. Then when the timer expires the gate is open

---------- Post added 03-22-17 at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-21-17 at 11:18 AM ----------

How easy is this going to be to code?

I guess get each vessel's position, right and then see if you are close and going thru forward.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:20 AM   #94
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattispilot View Post

How easy is this going to be to code?
Really easy.

But I won't code it for you - if you expect this kind of help, I'll do it myself in about 2019.

You just need to accept the hard reality of having to solve geometric problems with geometric solutions. That is all.

Also, as long as you are not understanding what your own code does, your code will do everything. Except the action you want.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-28-2017, 12:35 PM   #95
gattispilot
Addon Developer

Just thinking outload.

But couldn't it be as easy as in the gateway vessel press a key get the gateway location and copy that to the vessel entering the gateway?

For me only one vessel "Endurance".

I haven't tried the jumpgate yet.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:22 PM   #96
grid4dante
Orbinaut

I've been running some tests on the wormhole, and here is what I've encountered so far:

-There has to be a preload pass through the origin wormhole to wake it up, and you have to either do a retro burn or rotate and main burn to move back into it to make the jump to the destination wormhole. I've tried sending another vessel through first to wake it up, but it seems to be specific to the vessel you want to travel through.

-Randomly, the event horizon of the wormhole seems to change. After completing the initial "wake up" pass, the point that the vessel actually makes the jump seems to change randomly from right at the wormhole to sometimes many meters from it.

-The direction of flight seems to change randomly at times so that, upon exit, the vessel goes from travelling in normal orientation (nose and vector of travel are both aligned) to an off orientation (nose is aligned coming out of the destination wormhole, but vector of travel is off of the port wing, for example).
grid4dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 04-21-2017, 09:45 PM   #97
gattispilot
Addon Developer

We found that the vessel entering the gateway must be very slow. Strange because speed is not figured in just distance.

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Requests