Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:07 AM   #2476
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 Was it different for STS-1?
The initial idea was to ignite the SSMEs as late as possible, and when they reached 90% -> T0, so as little propellant was "wasted" before the launch, thus maximizing the up mass. But on the FRF they saw that the twang was much more than they expected, and waiting for the stack to swing back to a better position was required. They didn't want to change the countdown 2 months before launch, so they added a 2.7s delay in the SRB ignition.
For STS-2 they changed events to the more familiar times (and I'm not sure that was the final version).

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdad View Post
 guys , i have one question: how to make SSME ignition in SSU different like STS-1 ? thank you
So, STS-1 had a different countdown... it is hard enough to have one version of it, so that is not going to happen anytime soon.
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:35 PM   #2477
asdad
Orbinaut

ok i got it , but i need correction with STS-1 video clip by NASA which mean the tittle is The Greatest Test Flight - STS-1 (Full Mission 03) i download in youtube

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

GLS , can you add sound for SSU LCC MFD for countdown ?
asdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:16 PM   #2478
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdad View Post
 GLS , can you add sound for SSU LCC MFD for countdown ?
Oh boy, sound... another thing I'd like to change, but still haven't had time.
Yes, it would be nice to have more sounds, but any new developments there will only come after a (possible/likely) switch to XRSound.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 Welcome to the club.

Funnily the problem only affects DirectX here. Java based games using OpenGL like Minecraft are not affected...
SAME HERE!!!! This thing even shutdown seconds after I woke it up from sleep, but just now I spent 10 minutes "surveying my lands" in Minecraft and it is still up. You wouldn't know how to fix it?
Old 05-21-2019, 07:27 PM   #2479
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 Oh boy, sound... another thing I'd like to change, but still haven't had time.
Yes, it would be nice to have more sounds, but any new developments there will only come after a (possible/likely) switch to XRSound.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

SAME HERE!!!! This thing even shutdown seconds after I woke it up from sleep, but just now I spent 10 minutes "surveying my lands" in Minecraft and it is still up. You wouldn't know how to fix it?
Could it be related to either a power draw or thermal issue? It could be that those applications doesn't load the CPU/IGPU to the same degree which could explains why it isn't shutting down. You could download a hardware monitor program to check if this is the case.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:12 PM   #2480
GLS
Addon Developer

I unplugged the external screen and all of a sudden, a game that didn't get past loading worked for 30 minutes with no issues.... but I still can't run D3D9.
The good news is that MOGE still runs (only tried about 1 minute now), so hopefully it should hold for sometime. *fingers crossed*.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:47 PM   #2481
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:

Its some sort of a driver thing here. There is a timer running in the windows kernel checking that the GPU driver is finishing its job properly. When the timer expires, the GPU driver is restarted. From my own research using the kernel debugger, this seems to kill the drivers of pre-Windows-10 GPUs, which are restarted in a dirty power state afterwards. Increasing the timer by registry hacks made the crashes and shutdowns happen slightly less often, but every bigger windows update makes the behavior worse again.

It must be something constrained only to the DirectX pipeline. Even doing some benchmark tests with JOGL is unable to trigger the crashes, while the crashes happen in DirectX even with a cold GPU (44C), with 30% GPU load and 20% memory consumption on the GPU.

Minecraft and Equilinox work both perfectly fine here, even when they exceed the loads that crash DirectX games.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:10 PM   #2482
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 Its some sort of a driver thing here. There is a timer running in the windows kernel checking that the GPU driver is finishing its job properly. When the timer expires, the GPU driver is restarted. From my own research using the kernel debugger, this seems to kill the drivers of pre-Windows-10 GPUs, which are restarted in a dirty power state afterwards. Increasing the timer by registry hacks made the crashes and shutdowns happen slightly less often, but every bigger windows update makes the behavior worse again.

It must be something constrained only to the DirectX pipeline. Even doing some benchmark tests with JOGL is unable to trigger the crashes, while the crashes happen in DirectX even with a cold GPU (44C), with 30% GPU load and 20% memory consumption on the GPU.

Minecraft and Equilinox work both perfectly fine here, even when they exceed the loads that crash DirectX games.
Well, I'm using Windows 7 so that shouldn't be it...
Given that unplugging the external screen made it less easy to occur, points to a PSU issue... I managed to keep the battery in much better condition than the internal components.
Thanked by:
Old 05-22-2019, 02:34 PM   #2483
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Quote:
 Well, I'm using Windows 7 so that shouldn't be it...

This timer was already introduced in Windows 7, but I never had problems with it before the SPECTRE updates got into Windows 10...
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #2484
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 This timer was already introduced in Windows 7, but I never had problems with it before the SPECTRE updates got into Windows 10...
Hhmm... I think I installed one of those package W7 updates earlier this year. I could try to uninstall them to see what happens.
Thanked by:
Old 05-22-2019, 05:59 PM   #2485
asdad
Orbinaut

i'm still using w8.1 and no error even no crash
Old 05-22-2019, 07:52 PM   #2486
GLS
Addon Developer

The final major change in the landing software is up! I still have to figure out what is going on with the NY, but other than that I think it's done... FINALLY!!!

Now, if blender doesn't shutdown my computer I'll shift panels C2 and C3 (and fix a hole in the flight deck floor) so that also get's squared away.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:20 PM   #2487
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 The final major change in the landing software is up! I still have to figure out what is going on with the NY, but other than that I think it's done... FINALLY!!!

Now, if blender doesn't shutdown my computer I'll shift panels C2 and C3 (and fix a hole in the flight deck floor) so that also get's squared away.
Is the trim switch on the RHC(s) implemented yet? I only mention it because it is the primary way the CDR/PLT perform the derotation following MLG touchdown. As of now we have to use the RHC pitch axis to execute the derotation.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:40 PM   #2488
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 Is the trim switch on the RHC(s) implemented yet? I only mention it because it is the primary way the CDR/PLT perform the derotation following MLG touchdown. As of now we have to use the RHC pitch axis to execute the derotation.
No, because I can't find 4 keys for that...
Plus, they didn't use them for about half of the program, so I'm not losing any sleep over this one.
Thanked by:
Old 05-22-2019, 08:49 PM   #2489
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 No, because I can't find 4 keys for that...
Plus, they didn't use them for about half of the program, so I'm not losing any sleep over this one.
How about Shift-arrow keys? That's four keys that makes sense and they're to the left as well which is a bonus. And I just checked the default keymap.cfg file and Shift-arrow keys are completely unused, so we're not hijacking anything.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:56 AM   #2490
asdad
Orbinaut

guys , I have problem in SSU which mean I load STS1 Scenario in orbit and I can't press keypad can you fix it ?

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra