Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > General Questions & Help
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

General Questions & Help General & Advanced Orbiter flight questions, Orbiter installation questions, to all other help topics here.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:12 PM   #16
Donamy
Beta Tester

There is really no comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
DX7vsDX9.jpg  
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 12-11-2018, 07:27 PM   #17
bcbarnes
Orbinaut

Agree with Ripley - seems a little silly to have a discussion lasting 5 days (so far) when it would take about 10 minutes at most to download and install the D3D9 driver and give it a try.
bcbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:38 PM   #18
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbarnes View Post
 Agree with Ripley - seems a little silly to have a discussion lasting 5 days (so far) when it would take about 10 minutes at most to download and install the D3D9 driver and give it a try.
Still, we got the first hit on google for the expression "old, obsolete, and outdated".
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 12-12-2018, 12:21 AM   #19
PhantomCruiser
Wanderer

I've got an "old, obsolete, and outdated" computer next to me running Windows 98 (no longer hooked to the internet). Running Orbiter 2010 using the D3D9 client and it looks great.
PhantomCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:05 AM   #20
Outerspace
Orbinaut

Hi guys,

I'm very thankful and very grateful for all the many different wonderful helpful and useful advice that you have given to me over the past couple of days in attempting to solve the video resolution problems in Orbiter Flight Simulator.

I really appreciate it a lot!

However, I always still think that to be able to achieve the best performance results in any computer software program, including Orbiter Flight Simulator, will be seen in the newest, latest, most advanced, most sophisticated, and most powerful computer hardware systems.

I'm fully aware that the new D3D9 graphics enhancement mod might work well in older computer hardware systems, but they definitely will probably not work as well in newer computer hardware systems.

I'm certainly willing to give the new D3D9 graphics enhancement mod a try, as I'm always interested in any new additional DLC mods for any software program that will make any existing computer software program even better with new product features.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

I just downloaded the D3D9 graphics enhancement mod.

How do I install it in the Orbiter Flight Simulator software program?
Outerspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:56 AM   #21
PhantomCruiser
Wanderer

D3D9 graphics will definitely work fine (and flawlessly) on a newer advanced computer. The inline graphics client works fine, but D3D9 graphics is a leap above the inline graphics. Until you see them side-by-side you may not realize what you are missing.

As far as where to get it... https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=18431

Installing it is pretty simple; unzip it into your Orbiter directory. The run Orbiter_NG, open the [modules] tab and select the D3D9 checkbox.

In order for some addons to work, you will need to make a symbolic link to the config folder. This is easily done by a mouse click. Open the [video] tab, click [advanced] and click on [create symbolic links]

You should be ready to go.
PhantomCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 12-12-2018, 05:21 AM   #22
Outerspace
Orbinaut

Hi PhantomCruiser,

I already downloaded the D3D9 graphics enhancement mod, and I unzipped it into the Orbiter Flight Simulator main directory.

I also ran the Orbiter Flight Simulator software program, and then I opened the Modules tab, but I do not see any D3D9 checkbox at all.

The D3D9 checkbox does not appear in my Modules tab at all.

I do not know why there is no D3D9 checkbox in my Modules tab at all.

Could you please provide any explanation for the absence of the D3D9 checkbox in my Modules tab?

How can I make the D3D9 checkbox appear in my Modules tab?
Old 12-12-2018, 07:44 AM   #23
Ripley
Tutorial translator

You need to launch orbiter_ng.exe, NOT orbiter.exe.
Ripley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:50 AM   #24
Outerspace
Orbinaut

Hi Ripley,

I launched both Orbiter_NG.exe and Orbiter.exe, and I still do NOT see any D3D9 checkbox at all.

The D3D9 checkbox does NOT exist and appear in the Modules tabs in either the Orbiter_NG.exe and the Orbiter.exe at all!

It is just not there!
Old 12-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #25
Snax
Space Cowboy

Just out if curiosit, have you tried with a clean setup, just Orbiter and D3D9 ?

Also, maybe give a try with the redist files given by Orbiter ?
Snax is online now   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > General Questions & Help