Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:00 PM   #46
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 So there is a new mesh update for 4.2 I am missing?
Yes, if you have set up an proper SSU development installation, then you should have it by the normal means of obtaining the updates. As far as a a public release, none has be made.
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:18 PM   #47
Wolf
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 Yes, if you have set up an proper SSU development installation, then you should have it by the normal means of obtaining the updates. As far as a a public release, none has be made.
When was the updated mesh "relaesed"? I haven't done any SVN update since a month or so.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:25 PM   #48
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 When was the updated mesh "relaesed"? I haven't done any SVN update since a month or so.
It the last week or so. You can set up the TortoiseSVN Project Monitor to automatically notify you of any check ins. You do this by clicking the Add Project button and entering the following data:

Code:
Name: Space Shuttle Ultra
Path or URL: svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/shuttleultra/code/

The rest is left blank. Monitor interval can set to whatever how often you want it to check for new updates.
Thanked by:
Old 02-27-2018, 10:06 PM   #49
Wolf
Donator

I have now the updated mesh (4.2). Problem is every time you fix one issue several others pop up. The Side Hatch looks better now and the roof area around the windows is better but we have problems just around those areas and major new issues with the inner elevons (particularly the left one) and the belly between the wingtip and the ET umbelical doors.
Apart from the cosmetic issue the main problem for me id that these new distortions screw up the whole textures in the affected area and it takes quite a lot of effort to fix them
I am getting frustrated

Click image for larger version

Name:	0529.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	15598

Name:	0567.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	15599

Name:	0573.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	15600

Name:	0616.jpg
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	15601

Name:	0518.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	15602
Old 02-27-2018, 10:14 PM   #50
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 I have now the updated mesh (4.2). Problem is every time you fix one issue several others pop up. The Side Hatch looks better now and the roof area around the windows is better but we have problems just around those areas and major new issues with the inner elevons (particularly the left one) and the belly between the wingtip and the ET umbelical doors.
Apart from the cosmetic issue the main problem for me id that these new distortions screw up the whole textures in the affected area and it takes quite a lot of effort to fix them
I am getting frustrated

Attachment 15598

Attachment 15599

Attachment 15600

Attachment 15601

Attachment 15602
I don't have your hi-res textures so I'm changing things completely in the blind. So it is always going to be hit or miss on these corrections. Unless you stick to the actual SSU texture layout precisely, things are going to be off.

And due to the resolution difference between yours and ours, some things just won't show up. I'm not sure how to address this issue. As far as the elevons go, for the latest round of mesh fixes, I used the brand new 5.0 elevons as the old 4.2 ones were not right and had a few issues. That's why the textures are off there.
Thanked by:
Old 02-28-2018, 06:29 AM   #51
Donamy
Beta Tester

Quote:
I am getting frustrated

Attachment 15598

Attachment 15599

Attachment 15600

Attachment 15601

Attachment 15602
Welcome to my world.
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-28-2018, 05:36 PM   #52
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
I am getting frustrated

Attachment 15598

Attachment 15599

Attachment 15600

Attachment 15601

Attachment 15602
I think I have managed mop up these issues, except for the ones relating to the elevons. Can you please confirm this with the mesh I just checked in?
Old 02-28-2018, 05:51 PM   #53
Wolf
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 I think I have managed mop up these issues, except for the ones relating to the elevons. Can you please confirm this with the mesh I just checked in?
What meshes? New SVN update?
Old 02-28-2018, 05:59 PM   #54
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 What meshes? New SVN update?
Yes. That was checked in refers to, that something has been checked into the SVN repository.
Thanked by:
Old 02-28-2018, 08:29 PM   #55
Wolf
Donator

I think there is a problem with the side hatch. I have edited it to match with the latest mesh update but there is a huge gap/hole...

Name:	0663.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	15603
The side hatch black tiles on the left are "sucked in" the gap (orbiter black tiles in the region show odd/deformed to the left...)

here is the psd file for reference

Name:	Side Hatch 4.2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	15604

Last edited by Wolf; 02-28-2018 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:49 PM   #56
Wolf
Donator

Another problem with the seal between the FRCS and the orbiter nose: on the LEFT side only it shows duplicated

Name:	FRCS seal.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	451.3 KB
ID:	15606
Attached Thumbnails
0629.jpg  

Last edited by Wolf; 02-28-2018 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:56 PM   #57
Wolf
Donator

Dave I understand the difficulties in fixing and adapting the mesh to the hi res textures. If that causes to much of a problem maybe it would be better to revert to the original 4.2 mesh with the initial side hatch fix and disregard the rest. With that mesh I was happy and the textures looked ok overall..
Old 03-01-2018, 12:13 AM   #58
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 Dave I understand the difficulties in fixing and adapting the mesh to the hi res textures. If that causes to much of a problem maybe it would be better to revert to the original 4.2 mesh with the initial side hatch fix and disregard the rest. With that mesh I was happy and the textures looked ok overall..
That won't be an issue. I just forgot to splice in the update side hatch mesh. I think that will have to wait until tomorrow as SourceForge.net is down again so I can't check anything in. I have also fixed the inboard elevons.

---------- Post added 03-01-18 at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-28-18 at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote:
 Another problem with the seal between the FRCS and the orbiter nose: on the LEFT side only it shows duplicated

Attachment 15606
Thanks for the heads up. I rechecked the texture mapping and it is off on the left side. That fix will be part of the next check in once SF is back up and running.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

The new mesh along with a set of updated textures have been checked in as SF just came back to life.
Thanked by:
Old 03-01-2018, 06:49 PM   #59
Wolf
Donator

Thanks for the effort Dave but there is now a problem in the nose area just beside the flight deck windows (both left and right):the outer area partially overlaps the inner one and as the result a section of the nose area (where the black "tears" are located) disappears.

Here is the .psd file. I highlighted one tile towards the edge (in RED) that in the sim view is shifted inside (in GREEN). The black tears were deleted only to take this screenshot and better locate the tile highlighted (of course they were there when the DDS file was genrated).

Name:	TILE SHIFT OVERLAP_01.jpg
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	15607

Here what happens in the sim looking at the same tile. The left tear fully disapppears (the right one only partially since the pics show Discovery)

Name:	TILE SHIFT OVERLAP SIM.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	15608

Also the old Side hatch issue is now back

Name:	SIDE HATCH.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	15609
Old 03-01-2018, 07:30 PM   #60
Donamy
Beta Tester

Wolf, do you have AC3D ? It would make it a lot easier to see the mesh and textures, than having to run the game.
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development