Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #31
Erkha
Orbinaut

wow, after learning to fly and dock I was ready for some missions past LEO, I tried NASSP but that was a bit too much. your addon seems to be exactly what I was looking for
Erkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #32
Hlynkacg
Aspiring rocket scientist

Good news everyone! we're all going to die. I seem to have solved the tumbling problem.

AAPO CM "Gumdrop" drifts safely to the ground after a successful Launch Abort test. The launch vehicle is visible in the background.
Hlynkacg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #33
4throck
Enthusiast !

Cool. The nicest thing about development is that it's just like having your own space program. You have to do many test launches !
4throck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:09 AM   #34
Hlynkacg

I know I said that the meshes had been finalized but having solved the parachute issue I decided to reward myself by adding some additional details to the CM and animating the main hatch.

The overall vert/face count is actually lower than my earlier model's thanks to some aggressive optimization, and culling of non-visible faces.

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

A working EVA hatch means working EVAs and a beauty shot of the new CSM.

Last edited by Hlynkacg; 05-10-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:27 AM   #35
RacerX
Donator

Looking good Hlynkacg. Very nice!
RacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-10-2013, 02:29 AM   #36
Tycho
Orbinaut

Thanks for the update, Hlynkacg! Looking forward to an alpha release. Until then, good luck with the project.
Tycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #37
Hlynkacg

A very early alpha release has been posted to orbit hangar.

See this thread here for download link, questions, and feedback.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #38
Hlynkacg

I'll be uploading a new Alpha release within the next hour or two, in the mean time here is a work in Progress shot of the new panel mesh for the CSM's VC.

---------- Post added at 12:26 ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 ----------

Update now available for download.

Apollo Application Project: Alpha Release

---------- Post added 05-21-13 at 08:28 ---------- Previous post was 05-20-13 at 12:26 ----------

Panel switches have been populated, textures are still in work.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #39
Athena
Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen

Looks damn nice.

EDIT: I'm sure you have a plan for putting something in the small "cargo bay" in the SM? If there is, what's gonna be inside that can be deployed?

Last edited by Athena; 05-21-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #40
Hlynkacg

Just a quick note on planned progress. The following is my current priority list...
  • Complete updated CSM cockpit mesh / textures so I can get to work on subsystem modeling.
  • Implement FADI and attitude control sub-system for both LM and CSM.
  • Update LM cockpit code and mesh to CSM standard (I've learned a lot since I first started working on Spider's panels, I really should go back and address some of my rookie mistakes)
  • First pass at subsystem modeling. Consumables, fuel / power management, etc...
  • Impliment lethality! kill UMMUs if oxygen runs out, destroy vessel if G tolerances exceeded etc...

As I complete the above milestones I will reward myself by allowing myself to work on one of the following "Fun" items...
  • DLL based Saturn 5
  • Unmanned UCGO carrier (LM Truck)
  • Apollo Command Module with Retro-pack and earth landing system. (Apollo Space-Station Lifeboat aka CRV)

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
 Looks damn nice.

EDIT: I'm sure you have a plan for putting something in the small "cargo bay" in the SM? If there is, what's gonna be inside that can be deployed?
It is currently possible to add UCGO cargoes to the SM's Bay by modifying the scenario file but the interface that would allow you to do anything with them (grapple, deploy, etc...) doesn't exist yet.

Eventually there will be two options available. The ability to transport UCGO cargoes or a static mesh representing the historical Apollo's Scientific Instrument package.

Last edited by Hlynkacg; 05-21-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:31 PM   #41
Hlynkacg

Progress on command module's VC continues.

Next release will be made upon it's completion.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:56 AM   #42
Tycho
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlynkacg View Post
 Progress on command module's VC continues.

{image}

Next release will be made upon it's completion.
Looks more and more realistic every day. Thanks for the alpha release, btw, it's very fun to fly and experiment with.
Tycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-24-2013, 05:42 AM   #43
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

This has soooooooooooo much potential. I'm very impressed. Any plans for implementing the Saturn IB?
1987VCRProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #44
Hlynkacg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987VCRProductions View Post
 This has soooooooooooo much potential. I'm very impressed. Any plans for implementing the Saturn IB?
At the moment I have begun work on the following spacecraft and their inclusion in AAPO (at some point) is essentially guaranteed.
  • CSM & LM: Working on 'em at this very moment.
  • Saturn 5 & Saturn 5 Intermediate: I've completed the meshes and have the beginnings of a .dll module but it is on the back-burner until the LM and CSM are further along.
  • LM Truck for dual-launch Lunar missions: Like the Saturn 5 I've actually done a fair amount of work on this guy but have put it on hold until the basic LM is a bit further along.

In addition to the above list, there are a bunch of programs and space craft from the Apollo era that I would really like to see in Orbiter (and will make 'em myself if I have to ) but haven't done anything about. Some of them will make thier way into future releases of AAPO. Others may end up as their own addons.
  • Other LM Derivatives: LM Shelter / Hab Module for dual-launch Lunar missions, Lab, Telescope, Logistics Module / Unmanned Tug, Manned Space Tug, etc...
  • Apollo CSM Derivatives: Ferry, Rescue, CRV, Apollo Ex (ApEx) interplanetary mission CSM, Widebottom CSM (early 260 in diameter SM designed to mate directly to sIVb upper stage).
  • Apollo Orbital Workshop: Skylab without the launch damage.
  • Other Apollo LVs: Little Joe, and the rest of the Saturn family (1, 1b, C2, C4, etc...) maybe even the canceled Apollo Titan and NERVA Saturns.
  • Artemis: proposed Apollo fly-by missions to Mars and Venus.
  • Ares / IMIS: a Boeing / Marshal Space Center proposal for a multi-launch Mars landing mission using Apollo derived spacecraft in conjunction NERVA.
  • Apollo-Era Shuttles: Some of the early Space-shuttle designs were pretty cool in their own right and I think it'd be fun to do a space-plane or two based on them.

Last edited by Hlynkacg; 05-24-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Thanked by:
Old 05-24-2013, 10:29 PM   #45
4throck
Enthusiast !

Nice projects!

The Venus and Mars missions are indeed interesting.
Skylab is already done, though so I'd skip that.
4throck is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development