Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Requests
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Requests If you have a request for a new addon or want to know where to find a specific addon, ask it here!

Old 02-21-2020, 12:36 AM   #1111
gattispilot
Addon Developer

Thanks. so IF I do this it really would be for sts1-5 no HUD.

The only think I can add to is the aft side CRT.

I suppose the GPC simulated those screens. I haven't made a MFD so makeing those for me will be hard

Last edited by gattispilot; 02-21-2020 at 12:43 AM.
gattispilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:44 AM   #1112
White Owl
Orbinaut

Do I understand correctly that the instruments in the MCDS version are just a texture, and non-functional? If that's the case, then I suggest leaving the HUD installed. Sacrifice a tiny bit of authenticity for increased usability.
White Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 11:41 AM   #1113
gattispilot
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Owl View Post
 Do I understand correctly that the instruments in the MCDS version are just a texture, and non-functional? If that's the case, then I suggest leaving the HUD installed. Sacrifice a tiny bit of authenticity for increased usability.

No and Yes. On the early shuttle version the 3 crt are coded as MFD. So they are functionally. The aft CCTV are MFD also. So you can use the Camera MFD. The only textured one is the aft side one.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:36 PM   #1114
White Owl
Orbinaut

I meant the actual flight instruments on the instrument panel. Attitude indicator, altimeter, mach meter, VSI, etc. The "steam gauges" that a player would use to fly the orbiter through reentry and landing in cockpit view. If those aren't usable (and believe me I'm not suggesting you tackle that huge project to make them usable!) then we'll need something else to read in flight, and the little CRTs aren't in a good spot. That's why I suggest leaving the HUD for those few flights.
White Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:10 PM   #1115
gattispilot
Addon Developer

Oh. yes they are textures just as the original sf and Atlantis are.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:02 AM   #1116
gattispilot
Addon Developer

So my goal was too get the Sf back and running in 2016. Added some thing like eva,...

BUT other add on may need to be updated. I think once a base add on is done then work can be done to the add-ons. Things like add eva to the space lab,......

---------- Post added 02-25-20 at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-24-20 at 05:35 AM ----------

So I have a beta out for testing. Other than some minor scn fixes looks good. One issue? is using CTRL + ALT and the arrow key in the VC. It may move your view outside of the cockpit. I thought the CTRL + ALT may be using when accessing the aft station to control the payload doors.
So this needs to be set:

CTRL ALt left arrow:AFt section:
Thanked by:
Old 02-26-2020, 11:52 AM   #1117
gattispilot
Addon Developer

So the ET Fuel Tank doors. On launch they should be open, right? Then after ET jettison they are closed, right? So right now they are manually controlled.

Should they be automatic? Might take some coding. So if ET attachment is empty (ET Jettison) closed doors.

Also we made 2 basic ET's white and Orange. They are just meshes so new one can be created to match the different variations.

based off this:
http://axmpaperspacescalemodels.com/...l-Markings.pdf

Last edited by gattispilot; 02-26-2020 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2020, 03:05 PM   #1118
Donamy
Beta Tester

Manual for the ET doors is fine. I don't think that different tanks other than white or orange is necessary.
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Requests