Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2017, 11:42 PM   #1156
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 Passive latches AFAIR. The PAM itself had been on a spin table.
All the ASEs used passive latches. The Centaur/IUS used active latches through but not the actual CISS/ASE.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:36 AM   #1157
GLS
Addon Developer
 
GLS's Avatar
Default

I know the ASEs where attached to the Orbiter with passive latches, and that the PAMs were attached to a spin table, but the spin table had bolts to lock it (prevent spinning)... where those also controlled from the A6 switches?
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:50 AM   #1158
DaveS
Addon Developer
 
DaveS's Avatar


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 I know the ASEs where attached to the Orbiter with passive latches, and that the PAMs were attached to a spin table, but the spin table had bolts to lock it (prevent spinning)... where those also controlled from the A6 switches?
I'm pretty sure all the PAM activities were controlled from a SSP. I found this document: https://commons.erau.edu/cgi/viewcon...ss-proceedings
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 12-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #1159
Urwumpe
Certain Super User
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 I'm pretty sure all the PAM activities were controlled from a SSP. I found this document: https://commons.erau.edu/cgi/viewcon...ss-proceedings
Yes, and it just made my job harder. The SSP just controls the power distribution, every PAM payload had four CRT displays of its own back then. The SM GPC controlled the deployment.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:34 AM   #1160
Wolf
Donator
 
Wolf's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 You are not using the latest revision, are you?
I am using rev 2727 but I just did a SVN update and not sure what I have now (got a strange error message).
How can I verify what rev I have now?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:31 PM   #1161
GLS
Addon Developer
 
GLS's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 I am using rev 2727 but I just did a SVN update and not sure what I have now (got a strange error message).
How can I verify what rev I have now?
It should be displayed in the properties of the trunk. Or you can update the trunk and you should get the latest version. Please close VS while you update as I organized some source files and did some changes to some projects, so it should be "less error-prone" to update with VS closed.
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 12-05-2017, 05:33 PM   #1162
Wolf
Donator
 
Wolf's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 You are not using the latest revision, are you?
Does that mean that TV ROLL inputs are not possible with the latest Revision?[COLOR=Red]

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------


Will you guys consider using this tool kindly offered by Thorsten? He says it could suit SSU aswel - post n.258

https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showth...=35877&page=18
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:45 PM   #1163
Urwumpe
Certain Super User
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 Will you guys consider using this tool kindly offered by Thorsten? He says it could suit SSU aswel - post n.258

https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showth...=35877&page=18
Yes. It fits our license, so we can include it.

But seriously - don't expect it too soon. We have one and a developers right now, and guess who is the
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 12-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #1164
Wolf
Donator
 
Wolf's Avatar
Default

Whenever it will be, one month or one light-year from now, I think it will be a giant leap for SSU mankind
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:13 PM   #1165
GLS
Addon Developer
 
GLS's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 Does that mean that TV ROLL inputs are not possible with the latest Revision?
They are possible in OPS 2.
GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 12-16-2017, 02:19 PM   #1166
Wolf
Donator
 
Wolf's Avatar
Default

I did some research and was able to get the target data to feed the DEORB MNVR PADs for the first 6 Shuttle missions (STS-1 to STS-6). We also have the PAD for STS-135 available from the mission's Executive Package so that makes 7 missions in total where PEG-4 targets are available.

Is there anyone willing to test those against SSU?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 12-16-2017, 03:27 PM   #1167
Urwumpe
Certain Super User
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 I did some research and was able to get the target data to feed the DEORB MNVR PADs for the first 6 Shuttle missions (STS-1 to STS-6). We also have the PAD for STS-135 available from the mission's Executive Package so that makes 7 missions in total where PEG-4 targets are available.

Is there anyone willing to test those against SSU?
Can you also get the TLE of the missions? Otherwise we would be comparing apples to oranges.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:35 PM   #1168
Wolf
Donator
 
Wolf's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwumpe View Post
 Can you also get the TLE of the missions? Otherwise we would be comparing apples to oranges.
Yes Sir:
https://celestrak.com/NORAD/archives/STS/

the latest available are quite close to the TIG time so, correct me if I am wrong, they should work well for deorbit and reentry testing.

I have used them already but in most cases I heave huge VGO's residuals after the burn with resultant HP values up to 6-8 NM higher than target/nominal ones, so unless you trim a lot with RCS or pre-bank at E.I. they won't work..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:53 PM   #1169
Urwumpe
Certain Super User
 
Urwumpe's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 Yes Sir:
https://celestrak.com/NORAD/archives/STS/

the latest available are quite close to the TIG time so, correct me if I am wrong, they should work well for deorbit and reentry testing.

I have used them already but in most cases I heave huge VGO's residuals after the burn with resultant HP values up to 6-8 NM higher than target/nominal ones, so unless you trim a lot with RCS or pre-bank at E.I. they won't work..
At least we can then be sure that they work out.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 05:16 PM   #1170
Wolf
Donator
 
Wolf's Avatar
Default

These are the MNVR PADS with data taken from missions' AtoG Transcripts. NOTE: For STS-1 there is a discrepancy between the DVtot and TGO between the Transcript and the official MNVR PAD (which I retrieved from the Operational Flight Plan). I have reported both of them kin the PAD for clarity. For STS-2 to STS-6 the data are from the Transcript so it was not possible to cross check them against the real MNVR PAD, in the STS-135 case it is just the opposite: PAD available but no Transcript.

Click image for larger version

Name:	STS-1 Deorbit MNVR PAD.pdf
Views:	16
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	15528

Click image for larger version

Name:	STS-2 Deorbit MNVR PAD.pdf
Views:	22
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	15529

Click image for larger version

Name:	STS-3 Deorbit MNVR PAD.pdf
Views:	8
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	15530

Click image for larger version

Name:	STS-4 Deorb MNVR PAD.pdf
Views:	13
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	15531

Click image for larger version

Name:	STS-5 Deorbit MNVR PAD.pdf
Views:	9
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	15532

Click image for larger version

Name:	STS-6 Deorbit MNVR PAD.pdf
Views:	6
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	15533

Click image for larger version

Name:	STS-135 Deorbit MNVR PAD.pdf
Views:	10
Size:	313.2 KB
ID:	15534
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Reply

  Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:13 AM.

Quick Links Need Help?


About Us | Rules & Guidelines | TOS Policy | Privacy Policy

Orbiter-Forum is hosted at Orbithangar.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2017, Orbiter-Forum.com. All rights reserved.