Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Old 01-18-2020, 11:06 PM   #2836
DaveS
Addon Developer

Fixes for the original vertical stabilizer (it was the incorrect one) and the SILTS pod have been checked in.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 01-18-2020, 11:25 PM   #2837
GLS
Addon Developer

Tails are now OK.
A few small SILTS pod issues:
- one extra triangle on each side, inside the fwd dome, where it meets the bottom end;
- another set of extra triangles on each side, in aft end of the side faces of the pod;
- also, that area has a gap to the tail on both sides.
GLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:41 PM   #2838
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 Tails are now OK.
A few small SILTS pod issues:
- one extra triangle on each side, inside the fwd dome, where it meets the bottom end;
- another set of extra triangles on each side, in aft end of the side faces of the pod;
- also, that area has a gap to the tail on both sides.
R3236 should take care of these last issues.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:57 AM   #2839
DaveS
Addon Developer

I've been having a bit of thinking here, running a real-time scenario of STS-107. I've noticed that sometimes the MET is off from what it should be. Currently it is set as an absolute variable when it really should be a relative variable in this case, relative to a specific T0. Could this be done for 5.0? It would very much be like what we have implemented for the LCC right now. And it would be more realistic as proven by STS-1, the MET was reset to exactly 0 when the boosters lit. (remember, STS-1 lifted off 4 seconds after the actual T0 and was in positive T count when lift-off happened)
Thanked by:
Old 01-21-2020, 10:56 AM   #2840
GLS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 I've been having a bit of thinking here, running a real-time scenario of STS-107. I've noticed that sometimes the MET is off from what it should be. Currently it is set as an absolute variable when it really should be a relative variable in this case, relative to a specific T0. Could this be done for 5.0? It would very much be like what we have implemented for the LCC right now. And it would be more realistic as proven by STS-1, the MET was reset to exactly 0 when the boosters lit. (remember, STS-1 lifted off 4 seconds after the actual T0 and was in positive T count when lift-off happened)
Actually, MET is a counter (well, several) that gets started at T0. I'm not sure of the RSLS specifics, but I'm pretty sure the STS-1 countdown was targeted to the "first T0", that's the GMTLO variable, but they had an extra delay inserted for SRB ignition (2.77s I think), and only when that happens does MET start counting (similarly the Event Timer gets a signal to reset). GMTLO is not used after that (it is not used after ME-3 ignition actually) and the MET is just a counter that gets incremented (so is GMT).
Now, NASA wasn't thinking about us when they did that. Plus, our current MET counter is "out in the open", being used by everybody, which is not very correct. I'm sure realtime scenarios also "break" other things, as most if not all timers in subsystems and GPC sw, plus animations, are absolute. Another issue with those scenarios is that consumables don't go down. So all things considered, I'm not sure how much sense it makes to fully support those scenarios...?

Anyway, the code is frozen for SSU 5.0, except for minor changes and bug fixes.
GLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra