Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Hardware & Software Help
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Hardware & Software Help Hardware & Software related questions & help.

Old 10-15-2019, 03:55 AM   #1
andqui
Orbinaut
Default Saitek X55 + Saitek Rudder Pedals, is there any way to get this working except FBW?

I have a Saitek X55 as well as Saitek rudder pedals. I've tried using FlyByWire, but that doesn't work for the rudder axis on the pedals, nor from the twist action on the X55 stick, it's one of the known bugs. If I enable the joystick setting directly in orbiter, I can select the X55 stick as primary so I get all three axes of control with the twist rudder, but the controls are very slow to return to neutral so the feel is a bit laggy.

Short of buying a new HOTAS/rudder setup, what can I do to get smooth joystick control in Orbiter?
andqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:08 AM   #2
clipper
Orbinaut

The lack of proper joystick support is a real pain and it seems like anything more than a bare-bones USB stick with three axes on it and a small throttle like Extreme 3D Pro have compatibility issues. I have a "fancy" VKB stick and no matter how far I go into configuring the thing, I end up with an issue of some sort. So the solution isn't really in getting a new HOTAS, it's in getting something with a simple interface and crappy potentiometers instead of the more accurate contactless sensors.

Of course if I'm wrong, someone should correct me.
clipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Hardware & Software Help