Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #61
zachary77
Orbinaut

Here's the complete source file. It's zipped.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Glider_SC.zip (4.5 KB, 4 views)
zachary77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:33 PM   #62
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachary77 View Post
 Here's the complete source file.
Well, there is only 1 file in there: the single *.cpp . The problem is probably not in there, given that you have linker errors, not compiler errors. It would be good to also have your solution and project files, so we can point out what to change in them to let VS build it properly.

I could plug that CPP into my VS 2015 templates, and I bet it'll run just fine, but this would not help you find the problem you have with your compiler.

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:49 ----------

The following is a link to an environment archive for VS 2017 Enterprise (that's what I have here) for the Glider development: https://snoopie.at/face/beta/GliderVSEnvironment.zip

You have to extract it to your Orbiter root folder. It creates VS 2017 compatible property sheets in the /Orbitersdk/resources/ folder (*.props). It also creates solution and project files in the /Orbitersdk/samples/Glider/ folder.
In order to make it work, you have to edit the /Orbitersdk/resources/orbiterroot.props file with a text editor, and change the "Your:\Orbiter\Root\Path" text to your Orbiter root path. With this, all examples in the /Orbitersdk/samples/ should work when converted to 2017.
You also have to copy your CPP into the /Orbitersdk/samples/Glider/ folder, because I did not include it in the archive.

With my VS 2017 Enterprise installation, the solution can compile both Debug and Release versions of your glider CPP with working XRSound. I've tried both the 1.1 and the new beta 2.0 XRSound.

However, the simple PlayWav call in your code does not produce any sound, because the default "slots" are played automatically and are only available for enabling/disabling/changing, not for playing or stopping manually. If I do a LoadWav on e.g. ID 0 and with "XRSound\\Default\\Autopilot On.wav" directly after the CreateInstance and call it with ID 0 in PlayWav, it works though.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development

Tags
glider, o2016